What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

starting processes for opening a Colorado retail/manufacturing cannabis shop

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Its obviouse people on this site care more about where my money is than actually helping others. My money is non of your buissness. If you have some info regarding subject of this thread we would love to hear it but if its going to be about how u dont know shit so no one else could know shit , please keep it to yourself. Trolling helps no one.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Colorado rules for growers: Plant cap same for warehouses, greenhouses

Published: Sep 29, 2014, 10:56 am Comments (1)

By The Associated Press

DENVER — The state has adopted new rules for Colorado marijuana growers to make sure they’re not growing more pot than they can legally sell.

The state backed off a divisive proposal to allow indoor warehouses to grow twice as many plants as greenhouses, 3,600 versus 1,800. The final rules allow the same number of plants at either facility.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tax revenue analysis: Colorado recreational market’s growing clout

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The production rules are being revised because Colorado once limited growers to the number of medical marijuana patients they served.

Colorado’s marijuana market is opening to new growers Wednesday, Oct. 1, prompting a need for production caps that aren’t tied to a medical-marijuana patient count.

The state won’t necessarily produce more pot. Instead, commercial growers will need to prove they’re selling 85 percent of their inventory before getting permission to add plants.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2014/09/29/colorado-drops-greenhouse-plant-count-limit/20426/

the real problem is getting water. gotta have it.

Big difference between not knowing and not wanting to just give it to some guy who's insulting everyone. Calling us nasty names doesn't change that what you're asking for can be handled off site easily and doesn't require special insight. By the same token, seriously guys? Dafuq does spelling have to do with growing pot? Got a family friend who is a bestselling author and he wouldn't know a comma if it punched him in the dick.

You want suggestions for the best clipping equipment and techniques to meet labor law requirements? Suggestions on banking? Up to date info regarding energy efficiency rebates? Any of the stuff you have to talk to bureaucrats to find out instead of running an interwebs search? I might be down if you ask nicely but I'd prefer if you met me halfway.

In the future I'd suggest not feeding the trolls. It only encourages them and makes you look bad. Whether pointing out that clean money has been the biggest problem for would-be legal growers is "trolling" or not I'll leave up to you to decide, but I THINK that's the main reason about 10% of the people who applied for licenses in WA have actually opened their doors. The gossip is that everyone ran out of money in the middle of the licensing process and didn't check in with the LCB so they're still listed as "pending."

Also, feel free to ignore this post as well. I may not have the information you want. I'm in WA, not CO, and we have stricter regulations than CO does in almost every area. My experience may not apply well to your process.

Good luck

Last edited:

Bongstar420

A few properly managed acres would supply the state...a bunch of morons with cash to spend will need much more..plus they are diverting..so ya

And its mostly all not worth sale...the market is saturated with common stuff...not award winning stuff. How many people are going to drop 20-500k and just throw in the towel because the product comes out mediocre? Just dont bother unless you are the kind of person who gets high test scores not paying attention to the instructors.

Is anyone getting $100 oz for top shelf legal retail that is paying normal taxes + excise taxes and not diverting any?

Yeah, one guy on here.. can't remember the name but he works for a dispensary in cool and runs something like 430 lights in several different warehouses. He said everyone is moving to greenhouse. He said the dude that just recently got raided, VIP wellness or something like that is setting up 800 acres or maybe 80 acres. Either way there's going to be a fuck ton of weed pumped out. It's going to drop prices like crazzzzy. I bet they make that GH just as dank as the indoor here before to long.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
sooo…..what ever happened with all your grand plans.

Also cannabis is why i have a million. Fail in the cannabis game is impossible. Im already a success , trust me. Sorry for busting your bubble.

so you made your million in cannabis in the black/grey market prior to entering the legalized market. sorry but isn't that technically illegal since they do a full financial background check. i gotta get your money launderers' number! also, since your previous grows aren't more than 3kw than I'm assuming most of that cannabis money is either you are a med dispensary owner or a black market pack flipper?

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
I have decided to move to Colorado to grow in greenhouses.
have venue on ag zoned land and have water access and several partners.

thing is, where are we to rid ourselves of product?

does one go about offering samples to retail/disp outlets?

are there ways to find outlets (legal) in need of product, or will someone need to be a salesman to find an outlet?

I could use some direction here...and appreciation is my middle name.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
state licensed grows can only sell to other licensed ops.
basically if you get licensed to GROW you can only sell to people licensed to SELL to the public, that's 2 different licenses one to grow one to sell, and each LOCATION (growing / selling / extract lab / edible kitchen) has to be licensed at both state AND local levels.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
thank you Avinish.miles.
I knew the requirements of med.

do I just (after licensing) visit stores and inquire about providing products?

PM me if you feel uncomfortable posting open forum.

:comfort:

edit:
Warren Edson, a marijuana business attorney, gives some details: “The grow license allows you, provided you get state and local approval, to have a standalone recreational grow, with no store requirement like for medical licenses, and wholesale your product to any licensed recreational store or marijuana infused product manufacturer in the state.”

edit#2:
https://blog.cannabase.io/cannabase-platform/cannabase-marketplace/

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thank you Avinish.miles.
I knew the requirements of med.

do I just (after licensing) visit stores and inquire about providing products?

PM me if you feel uncomfortable posting open forum.

:comfort:

edit:
Warren Edson, a marijuana business attorney, gives some details: “The grow license allows you, provided you get state and local approval, to have a standalone recreational grow, with no store requirement like for medical licenses, and wholesale your product to any licensed recreational store or marijuana infused product manufacturer in the state.”

edit#2:
https://blog.cannabase.io/cannabase-platform/cannabase-marketplace/

what edson is saying is that MED licensees had to grow AND have a point of sale, they had to be linked, and couldnt have one without the other.
BUT
rec separated the two and allows you to do the either one OR both OR all 3 (grow, "infuse", sell)

All rec licenses are public record - get the list of every store in the state and start cold calling. I only have WA's, not CO's, so i can't hand it over easy.

You can cross reference your preferred indicators of good places to try to start a relationship (volume, price of product, favored strains, disciplinary record, etc) by either crunching the tax records yourself or subscribing to a market trend analysis service (I was offered one of those subscriptions at I think $80 per month but haven't taken it yet). I know a guy who has physically been to every single retail outlet in Washington to meet the owner and shake hands, well before he had a plant in the ground. Good thing he did, too, because he needs all the help he can get. Got screwed hardcore by a couple con artists. Poor guy.

Anyways, long story short, time to pull out the polo and slacks and sell yourself! Good luck!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts