What's new

Starting early indoors using artificial light.

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Looking back over a few of last years photos one thing has occurred to me, if I compare a picture to one of last years HFH Hash Plants to a picture of this years HP'S there is not a huge amount of difference to be honest.

Last year they were started in a grow tent under 250w eco light, this year it's been natural light all the way.

Last year, pic was taken late May.
user8344_pic384088_1274425861.jpg

Pic of this years HP on the left in the black pot.
FEMALES.jpg

The pic of last years plant has about 2 weeks growth on this years plant but I'm very interested to see what this years will look like on the 25th-26th when last years was taken, I'll bet there will not any great difference between the 2.

Be interesting to hear what you all think about starting plants early.

ThcInfused

i've seen nothing but fantastic results from starting early indoors... how long were yours under the lights before being put outside ?

G

Guest 147054

They look huge compared to mine at this stage. I'm starting mine the third week of March from now on I say. All going well I think its what ill do next year as this year I germinated first/second week of April

Your plants look unreal as always though.

so this year did you just start with the seeds outdoors?, as in seeds in dirt and just let them do there thing outside.

How old are the plants now?

C

COOKIE MONSTER

i've seen nothing but fantastic results from starting early indoors... how long were yours under the lights before being put outside ?

I think they were under lights from seed to 3 weeks old last year.

They look huge compared to mine at this stage. I'm starting mine the third week of March from now on I say. All going well I think its what ill do next year as this year I germinated first/second week of April

Your plants look unreal as always though.

so this year did you just start with the seeds outdoors?, as in seeds in dirt and just let them do there thing outside.

How old are the plants now?

The first batch were started in the beginning of March in a heated Glass house, pushing my luck planting that early with so little light but I seem to have gotten away with it so far.
Only one's that flowered were a few males that auto'd but thats normal with the hfh strains.

laprecaun

hmmm i checked the log and found the dates for my bushes ;) those fellas, pix i've posted in outdoor section went to the water at the paddies day.

3,5 weeks under cfl 250 red, some nutrients and at the beggining of april they were on the field.

suffered some frost bites as 2 days later there was -2 at night (i didnt hartened them, didnt bother... i was expecting half of them will die anyway) ... but now all except those frosted are starting to bloom and i expect to harvest them at the start of july. AF's white master should be ok.

early start in eire in my opinion is a must ;)

anyway i try to do 3 outdoors in one season... we will see ;)

:wave:

C

COOKIE MONSTER

early start in eire in my opinion is a must ;)

anyway i try to do 3 outdoors in one season... we will see ;)

Definitely agree with you on an early start being a must, well for strains I grow it is.
Last years earliest flowering strain (HP) began to flower in late June so the extra month or so of growth makes a difference I think.
3 grows in the one season sounds great, fingers crossed for you brother.

The more I think about it I'm convinced that if you grow semi auto strains you can push back your planting date by a good month.

trouble

Veteran
COME IN BERLIN!

COME IN BERLIN!

Cookie, I need to chat with you.

Please, drop me a PM when you find the time in your schedule my brother!

Trouble

trouble

Veteran
Cookie, I got your PM, however, when I attempted to send you a reply, I received a message informing me that "COOKIE MONSTER" is unable or doesn't allow PM's. Or something to that effect.

Anyway, I'm currently at the Delta Sky Club at LAX airport, slamming Chopin Vodka Cuban Martini's, and getting ready to board my flight back home to the east coast, therefore, I shall*try to send you another message late tonight/tomorrow.

It's nothing urgent, just need to ask you a question.

Hope you had a great Fathers Day! I know Rory McIlorys father had a good one!

How about that, two years in a row the boy's from Northern Ireland take home the US OPEN CUP!! WELL DONE!

I shall get with later. Time to catch my flight!

Latest posts

Latest posts