What's new

Started worm farming again.. any input welcome this is just how iv done it before..

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

So basically iv just got plastic tubs with square holes cut into one, and the other has drill holes I think about 5 or 6mm wide all around it, then put metal grills inside but ontop of some chunks of wood so there never sitting in leachate or water (I plan to remove my sack of worms n empty leachate out as n when it builds up) and then window netting ontop of that lining the tubs and a lid so they cant get out

and the local farmer kindly let me dig in to he's massive horse manure pile that had billions and kajilions of Eisenia fetida/red wiggler/ tiger worms in there already breaking everything down on a year old mountain of a pile of manure compost and just took a little of the compost with me too that they was already living in for bedding...

which is hay based manure, old leafs and previously grass n plants n soil from what I can see..

so it has its carbon and greens and obs beneficial bacteria n fungi that's already been breaking it all down along with the worms, n I plan on feeding it soaked comfrey pellets and alfalfa pellets, pre boiled mixed frozen veg (carrot, peas, brocoli, coliflower) maybe collect some more brown dead leafs for more carbon matter too, and spray if need it with water collected from local ancient spring n maybe do some aact teas n re spray the microbes from the worm castings back into the worm box's also... maybe some porridge oats also.. and maybe some non acidic fruits n other vegs also.. bananas. squashes.. avocados etc too.. oh and coffee grounds and tea bags also! Gonna go try hustle all the local coffeeshops for there used grounds from tmoro also hahaha...
Screenshot_20240507-183512_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20240508-002500_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240507-185057_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20240507-183601_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20240507-183527_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20240507-185314_WhatsApp.jpg

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
So basically iv just got plastic tubs with square holes cut into one, and the other has drill holes I think about 5 or 6mm wide all around it, then put metal grills inside but ontop of some chunks of wood so there never sitting in leachate or water (I plan to remove my sack of worms n empty leachate out as n when it builds up) and then window netting ontop of that lining the tubs and a lid so they cant get out

and the local farmer kindly let me dig in to he's massive horse manure pile that had billions and kajilions of Eisenia fetida/red wiggler/ tiger worms in there already breaking everything down on a year old mountain of a pile of manure compost and just took a little of the compost with me too that they was already living in for bedding...

which is hay based manure, old leafs and previously grass n plants n soil from what I can see..

so it has its carbon and greens and obs beneficial bacteria n fungi that's already been breaking it all down along with the worms, n I plan on feeding it soaked comfrey pellets and alfalfa pellets, pre boiled mixed frozen veg (carrot, peas, brocoli, coliflower) maybe collect some more brown dead leafs for more carbon matter too, and spray daily with psycho myco beneficial bacterias and fungis mixed with water collected from local ancient spring also... maybe some porridge oats also.. and maybe some non acidic fruits n other vegs also.. bananas. squashes.. avocados etc too.. oh and coffee grounds and tea bags also! Gonna go try hustle all the local coffeeshops for there used grounds from tmoro also hahaha... View attachment 18999032 View attachment 18999040 View attachment 18999029 View attachment 18999030 View attachment 18999033 View attachment 18999034
That looks really cool friend. Damn, I'm riding with you so I can learn more. Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Latest posts

Latest posts