What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SSSC . 2.0 in 6 days and counting

PDX Dopesmoker

Ok I’m not sure what’s up but I only see 4 varieties and nothing overly special. They have an old school haze they crossed to a few other things and that seems to be all they have.
Also don’t like the fact that they have a “secret” sativa and don’t give any real info on its origins, just the typical “it’s secret and mysterious so it’s super special” crap all the pollen chuckers say.
I don’t care what prices they charge because with the limited crap they are offering they won’t be around long.
They need to find daddy’s secret seed stash or change their companies name because all they are gonna do is take a legendary name and turn it into crap, ruining the history of the original company for future generations.

I have some “mysterious so it’s super special” crap all the pollen chuckers say they have. There was some seeds at the bottom of a pound of great tasting lemony weed, dude who sold it said it was African and I never saw or heard from him since so I don't know exactly what part of Africa. There was some seeds at the bottom of the pound so I started growing them and now I have weed with mysterious African genetics. Its probably the legendary Kukuanaland Umbopa strain, but unfortunately my seeds are not for sale at any price. Don't even bother PMing me with flattering offers of sending me thick packets of cash money in exchange for a seed or two, I need all these seeds for myself and my opinion cannot be swayed.

clearheaded

I think limited varieties is not a bad thing. dont sell 8 out of 10 crosses they make like others. releasing 6 var a year with 2 dif flavor of the month dads every year... may people find cheaper similar stuff from mr nice ya, but i guess time will tell once we see some grows :) . think they know they will be held to a higher standard then royal queen seeds.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Sounds more like what happened with Positronics in Spain years ago, just a bussiness move trying to take advantage on the legend of an extinct seed company. What had SSSC was a great catalogue of legendary genetics from the time, mostly stock obtained at the time from Sam, Nevil, other collaborators and lovely dutch import bagseeds that were available in many coffeshops at the time (Durban, Malawi , Thai and so on). It was the genetics they've used what made them famous, just like happened with Positronics. But without the same genetics, I see no comeback, more like a fail.

I guess it's better if we don't fantasize much on any old legendary stock (obvioulsy they don't have any of those) because I feel that's what they expect people to do. It seems they don't even have access or have preserved any old Skunk or Haze seeds from the 80s. Otherwise why they would even think on releasing shitty commercial hybrids and "secret sativas".

More like using a name but selling a whole different thing like what Mr Soul did with Killer Queen, DTC99 and so on. Same with Short's releases and his son's chucks on elite clones.

They will use the same shit everyone does, soon we will see Chemdog, Zkittlez and Cookies hybrids, otherwise time will tell. That Old Haze info is misleading, the $400 price give you an idea about their policies. Better to grab a few Tom Hill's Haze seeds for that price and have fun yourself. The pedigree will be more legit.

Same happened with Mr Soul's, Reeferman, DJ Short and others trying to make a come back... unfortunately this companies are no longer relevant. Sometimes it's better to retire on time or stick to what you used to do and worked in the past, but the hunger for ego and money is strong on this one I guess.

Cheers.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I think limited varieties is not a bad thing. dont sell 8 out of 10 crosses they make like others. releasing 6 var a year with 2 dif flavor of the month dads every year... may people find cheaper similar stuff from mr nice ya, but i guess time will tell once we see some grows :) . think they know they will be held to a higher standard then royal queen seeds.

I grew that cut that is called OSH, they used it as mother probably. who bought it for that price is really dumb, as its normal skunkhaze. so their description that its pure haze is total fake..

Latest posts

Latest posts