What's new

SQYDROs HGO inspired coco donut grow!

Sqydro

ok never done coco never done a donut, dont care il learn as i go with the help of folk here i hope, this section is full of amazing knowledge so hope it comes here, this is in my mates house he has my tent we are vegging in on gt 205 nfts in 3" cubes as it was going to be rdwc trees but after talkin/seeing hundred gram oz's threads then i though fuck it lets try this!!!

strains...

sonics high yielding agent orange cut x 3
sonics tropicanna kalischnapple x 4
heaths high yielding chiesel x 4

space... 2.4m square just about, 2 x600w stacked, there being vegged in my tent wth a 400w MH here they are fresh off the nft tank and into the 6L coco pots il build a dripper system in the next week when there rooting up and only being fed once a day or so! layer of clay balls on bottom for drainage and one on top for keeping moisture in.....

anyway here we are.....

Sqydro

and yes i do have womanly hands but i can fight like tyson so i dare you to slag my paws lol only kiddin folkd left to right is root shot of agent o, agent o plant pre pklanting, group shot,agent o in pot, kalischnaps wierd twin structure. i love this plants vigour its freaky!!

Sqydro

thanks mate still not bought nutes yet, coco virgin lol dripper set up and nutes by fri then its go time, lets see what the fuss is about, im DWC at heart but sometimes u need to go back to basics, HGO is killing it so hope he drops some pearls in here???

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
thanks mate still not bought nutes yet, coco virgin lol dripper set up and nutes by fri then its go time, lets see what the fuss is about, im DWC at heart but sometimes u need to go back to basics, HGO is killing it so hope he drops some pearls in here???

go with plant magic mate plants have never looked so healthy with those,hgo and bush dr swear by them

peace and vibes

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hi Sqydro, I'm really gald to have inspired you to give this a go, lets do this!

Have you got a floor fan? Your going a lil overkill on plant numbers, the donuts work best with less plants, 4-6 is ideal, with 12 plants you are best to give less veg and have a bigger circle to compensate, if I was you I'd either get another 2 600w bulbs and do a double stacked grow in there like what I'm doing now because the tent is big enough or if that's an issue then go for 2 donuts with 1x600w bulb per donut but remember the basic rule for donuts, you need to line up: Floor Fan>Bare Bulb>Extraction, it's very very important especially in summer with a warmer intake. But if them 2 idea aren't viable right now then go for what you have planned, I would seriously consider taking the plant numbers down, from my experience more plants = more popcorn buds and less plants = more dense buds but it's totally up to you and hey maybe you'll do good with the higher plant numbers, it might be good to get ya started and get a feel for it, the only thing with less veg time is less root development come flower.

I use 13mm feed line that comes out of a MaxiJet 1000 pump (1000L/PH) this feeds 12 plants with 2 drippers per plant, the drippers are attached to 4mm spaghetti line and the feeds are around 2-3 minutes.

For nutes I would recommend Plant Magic Coco A&B, the're best on the market IMHO, also House & Garden Drip Clean to help clear away salts, it is a lil expensive but a little goes a long way, 1ml/10Ltrs dilution. It's not a must have but I also like to use Canna's Trace Mix, I use around 30ml in my 140Ltr rez right up to flush.

How are you going to deal with your waste? I have a 4x4 tray tilted with holes at the lower end and a large flat styled space saver box below to collect the waste, it's 40Ltrs.

I feed 3x per day after the roots have good development, this continues right up to the end of flower stretch then I start feeding 5x per day, I got a cracking timer from progrow, you can check it out by clicking here. It's a lil expensive but it's worth the cash.

You will also need to build an anti-siphon valve, it's easy as pie, check out this post from an earlier thread of mine to see how to do that. Just make sure the valve stays above the water line.

I hope I've answered a few of your questions, sorry it's taken me a while to get back to ya but I've been having a lil away time. Anymore questions fire away, I wana see this grow explode with buds!

Peace
HGO

Sqydro

hey mate thanks for taking the time plant magic it is then!!! whats ur floorspace for a 6 plant donut im going for 2 donuts mate as i hate popcorn such a waste and no excuse for it with vert bulbs

i have 2 mj 1000s 10m of 13mm 30 4mm nipples n spag tubing ive built these dripper systems before mate so il knock it up in no time the plants were meant for another system hence the numbers but i read ur 2 threads and was convinced mate so blame your self lol

anyway building will commence tomorow i usualy always grow in 2.4 x 2.4m square rooms as its the lentgh the wood comes and makes for a nice grow space but recon i could do 2 smaller rooms with a donut in each and stagger at 4 weeks apart? and maybe never ever have to buy weed ever again lol woo

ok thanks again for droppin in guys this will be a learning curve for me but all help appreciated im reading up as much as i can just now

dunno about waste trays mate was thinkin of making a sort of huge nft tank of sorts just to catch run off up to 60L or so??

il figure it out as i go or snoop around on urs see what i can mimic, whats the deal with the huge res?? i was thinking 86L for me would be ok??

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
hey mate thanks for taking the time plant magic it is then!!! whats ur floorspace for a 6 plant donut im going for 2 donuts mate as i hate popcorn such a waste and no excuse for it with vert bulbs

I use 4x4' per donut mate.

i have 2 mj 1000s 10m of 13mm 30 4mm nipples n spag tubing ive built these dripper systems before mate so il knock it up in no time the plants were meant for another system hence the numbers but i read ur 2 threads and was convinced mate so blame your self lol

LOL sorry about that bro :)

anyway building will commence tomorow i usualy always grow in 2.4 x 2.4m square rooms as its the lentgh the wood comes and makes for a nice grow space but recon i could do 2 smaller rooms with a donut in each and stagger at 4 weeks apart? and maybe never ever have to buy weed ever again lol woo

2.4 x 2.4m is absolutely perfect for 2 donuts at 4x4' (1.2 x 1.2m) each. It's up to you if ya wana go perpetual mate, are you gonna run 2 stacked donuts (4 bulbs) or 2x 600w donuts?

ok thanks again for droppin in guys this will be a learning curve for me but all help appreciated im reading up as much as i can just now

dunno about waste trays mate was thinkin of making a sort of huge nft tank of sorts just to catch run off up to 60L or so??

It's up to you mate, whatever suits you best :)

il figure it out as i go or snoop around on urs see what i can mimic, whats the deal with the huge res?? i was thinking 86L for me would be ok??

Yeah bro but you will be filling that quite a lot, 12 plants drinking 1-1.5Ltrs per watering x 3-5 times per day :biglaugh: I use a 140Ltr wheelie bin that I got from B&Q, it doesn't look suspicious wheeling it into or out of the house. It feeds 12 plants and I'm filling it about twice per week.

^^^^ My reply in the red, if I think of anything else I'll write it down for ya mate, I'm shattered, I'm just finished working 4 hours with the gals, had lots to do so I'm off to bed. If ya got anymore questions, fire away.

HGO

Sqydro

LOL bushdr hey bobble u should try hear me n hgo in our native toungue irish man and a scotsman! would be like arabic to u ;)

i have a Q about ur wheelie bin set up HGO..how does a maxijet 1k clear the head hieght from the inside of the wheelie bin up and over the top? is it powerfull enough. pics would be nice im on the hunt for trays and a suitable res, got my plant magic coco 6ml per 10L thats very light feeding indeed nice,

in answer to ur 2 stacked 6s or singles per donut im unsure yet i might do 2 seperate rooms slightky smaller than 2.4x2.4 an have 6 plants round each 600 and then add the last 600 after stretch maybe?? is it worth the extra electricity though? in yoeld difference. i usualy run 1200w per room no matter what. sorry for all the Qs get used to it lol til im a black belt in coco ur ears will be ringing, or thumbs from typin lol

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
LOL bushdr hey bobble u should try hear me n hgo in our native toungue irish man and a scotsman! would be like arabic to u ;)

i have a Q about ur wheelie bin set up HGO..how does a maxijet 1k clear the head hieght from the inside of the wheelie bin up and over the top? is it powerfull enough. pics would be nice im on the hunt for trays and a suitable res, got my plant magic coco 6ml per 10L thats very light feeding indeed nice,

in answer to ur 2 stacked 6s or singles per donut im unsure yet i might do 2 seperate rooms slightky smaller than 2.4x2.4 an have 6 plants round each 600 and then add the last 600 after stretch maybe?? is it worth the extra electricity though? in yoeld difference. i usualy run 1200w per room no matter what. sorry for all the Qs get used to it lol til im a black belt in coco ur ears will be ringing, or thumbs from typin lol

you sure about that dose mate? you sure it doesn't say 6ml max per litre?

plantmagic is weaker than most but I'm seeing better healthier plants and it's slightly cheaper than the Dutch stuff,once I've used up the 5ltr h&g coco nutes al be getting pm for coco too.
I'm testing the pm hydro nutes with coco on one of the psycho d cuts, if it fairs well al just get a big pm hydro instead saves getting two different types then

your gunna love the coco mate hydro results with the safety barrier

bring on the buds

peace and vibes

bobblehead

Veteran
We do .... it's called English

That's funny... I thought that pounds and ounces was the English system... :moon: ha ha..

Salaam... Inshallah you will have great success with your grow! :D

I have a lot of Arabic friends... Michigan has the highest population of Arabs outside the middle east... lol... So you guys still take the cake for speaking funny. j/k

Sqydro

lol for sure mate try understanding us when were drunk! i was in NY for a few weeks last year and i dont think one person new what i said in the city, until i went to a irish bar and they understood me ok :)

i hope so RIL lookin forward to it, 3ml per 5L it states it looks diluted but if it does the job mate who cares what it looks like :) and says to ph to 6 is this right? man im out my depth here lol

Latest posts

Latest posts