What's new

squeezing buds while they are in flower - yes/no ?

smokefrogg

Veteran
some older and more experienced outdoor growers i know often tell me "squeeze that fat cola and smell it! wtf are you doing? SQUEEZE that fawker!"

i squeeze it and smell, honestly it isn't that much stronger than when i didn't squeeze and didn't touch and just smell

another grower around my age, and without as much experience as the older folks would shit bricks if i started squeezing his buds to get a smell, i'd probably be kicked out and never welcome again haha =)

personally, i don't like to do this on my own, the trichomes are delicate, i try to touch mine as little as possible. i kind of think it's insane to "squeeze that fawker!"

what do you think?

C

coconaut

OUTRAGEOUS
I touch buds as little as possible. Never squeeze.
If you want to smell it, wait till it's finished, dried, cured. Throw a little in a grinder and bust it up, then smell, then smoke!

AcroPhobic

Well when you're swimming in buds .. squeezing one bud isn't the end of the world.

I've done it ... but I don't squish .. more like a density test to feel how dense buds are.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
If someone will squeeze my buds I'd smack the shit out of him\her.
1. Making it denser will encourage mold.
2. You will break the trichomes.
3. The bud will look ugly.

I once in a while do a density check, but VERY gently squeezing and just one or two buds.

Everyone smell my plants good enough without touching them at all.
If I want to smell a certain bud without smelling the others I rub a leaf.

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
I check them for desity some times.Its really not a good thing to do because it busts off trichs.

igrowone

Veteran
for a density check, i actually tap the bud with the tip of the finger
you can get a good sense of the weight like this with no damage
the only way i can make sense of some bud death grip is if you're growing trees outside, and you don't care about losing a bit

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
I squeeze mine.I dont see how there would be any ill affects as long your not squishing them. By squeezing i get a great idea of the density of the bud, and supreme wiff of the genetics.

mule420

I have one patient that did that a few times, I let it slide... He is one of my new ones so I cut him some slack... The last time he did the "squeeze sniff test" on one of my colas I told him if he does that again I'm grabbing him by his balls like that... I hope he got the point as I have a pretty strong grip :)

Wanna really piss me off? Light up a cigarette in my grow room. I make the soup Nazi look like a saint... I have a table outside my room with a ashtray and a box labeled cell phones...

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
if i cant smell it as soon as I open the door nevermind touching or squeezing it, then its not the strain for me ;)

RastaBeads

ive only seen/helped with a few grows, all done beautifully, and each of the growers told me to lightly pinch one of the branches just underneath the buds, kinda like supercropping but a little more gentle, and smell your fingertips. it gives off an amazing oroma w/out doing any harm to the buds or breaking the trichomes. as for those who manhandle their buds, MJ plants are very strong and i know they can take it, but why stress them out like that?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
iu sqeeze em from time to time not super strong but enough to get a good grope and feel how they are maturin. TOBACCO COMES NOWHERE NEAR THE GROWROOM!!! BLUNT SMOKIN INCLUDED. TOBACCO CAUSES DISEASE IN EVERYTHING! im not anti cig as i been smokin since i was 14 but not in the room with the ladies

FlaDankster

Veteran
As some body said

When ya got a shit load what is a few squeezes

If i grew in a PC case i wouldn't go as far as i do now

But i love to get in a few good gropes on the girls here and there

How can you not!!!!(other than not doing it)

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
And unless my strains are different in this than anybody elses,which I know isnt true.Although when flowering the stem does have a strong smell it doesnt smell like the flower to me.