What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spurr's groundbreaking fert. mixes and methods (YouTube screen-cast and web site!)

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why was he banned? I see so many banned accounts while browsing threads here it's kind of ridiculous.

Conflict. Ego clashes are frequent and the forum is a decade old. You can usually find someone if you check around.

Dkgrower

Veteran
I dig his formulations - wonder if any heads here wanna talk Nitrogen ratios

I see spurr has 80%nitrate 20% ammonium ratio -

Kinda high i roll with 92Nitrate 8%ammonium in my nitrogen profile

So wanna talk water hardness nitrogen ratio - and do any one has an opion on if the ratio should be changed during veg-transition-bloom.

Spurrs is spot on for hydro - for coco i run it abit lower on Kalium and boost Calcium to 160PPM, what i think is good with his ratios is the low p content that allows for super calcium uptake !

If any DWC dude wanna share there nutrient profile i would love to check it out

Bom Shiva and keep growing hard !

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Regarding changing the ratio: Theory says that it's better to have a high nitrate to ammonium ratio in grow (>20:1) and a lower one for flower induction (around 3-10:1) and possibly during flowering too. On the other hand, a 10-12:1 ratio is said to have the best pH stability in hydro.
I wonder if this is true in the everyday life and not just in text books... anyone with personal experience?