What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sprouting Ace Seeds in My Garden

asdfasf

Hey,
Welcome to my thread on Ace Seeds. I got

1 x Panama x Malawi Feminized
gpKBvPB.png

I put the seed in the water on 3/18, sprouted next day, and then planted it in a peat pellet the day after it sprouted. The picture is from Monday.

1 x Super Malawi Haze Feminized
CdDOdGz.png

This one barely broke out of the shell today. I don't remember when I put it in the water. Probably like Monday or Tuesday. I planted it in a peat pellet yesterday. It has similar vigor as Panamalawi so it probably sprouted Wednesday so I put it in the water on Tuesday. There you go. It has a weird, yellowing and pale green look. Maybe it's the way it's supposed to look or maybe I fucked something up already.

I got more Ace genetics coming. As long as I don't get busted or go insane from these crazy sativa effects I will keep on bringing more pictures of vegging and flowering plants.

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Asdfasf, I'm looking forward to seeing your grow. I don't have an indoor or outdoor facility to do those genetics. I wish you and your family the best in health and safety.
Peace brother

asdfasf

Asdfasf, I'm looking forward to seeing your grow. I don't have an indoor or outdoor facility to do those genetics. I wish you and your family the best in health and safety.
Peace brother
I'm actually now just starting to have the facilities to grow at all. Supposedly these plants are for experienced growers and I'm pretty inexperienced so we will see how I do.
Thanks for joining and all the kind words. Likewise, all the best.:tiphat:

asdfasf

SDQ0Y6r.png

I was sick of plants performing poorly under that 9watt led bulb so I put them under 100w metal halide. It keeps them nice and warm at like 25 centigrade. I didn't check the RH but at least this should be some improvement. I transplanted them into cups.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi asdfasf,

You chose 2 really solid, high yielding and powerful sativa hybrids :yes:
Good luck with them! Thanks for starting a thread for your grow diary.

SecondAttempt

Looks good, is that soil? What kind? It looks like you transplanted them to buckets. What size? How large is your growspace? How long you planning on vegging?

asdfasf

Looks good, is that soil? What kind? It looks like you transplanted them to buckets. What size? How large is your growspace? How long you planning on vegging?
I started them in some shitty soil from the supermarket that doesn't have enough nitrogen and then transplanted into I guess even worse soil. Miracle grow soil that is not for potted plants. It says on the packaging it is supposed to be mixed with top soil. They rebounded and stopped yellowing after transplant but I don't know. Maybe they will get nute burned anyways from this soil. If I start noticing trouble I think I will chop them and root again start over in a good soil. We will see.
5 gal buckets(almost 20L) my grow space is 4x7 walk in closet currently but I'm going to close on my new house in 2 hours and I will probably move them today and keep them in the open space in the basement.

I was gonna veg for 2 weeks like it's written in the grow guide on ace seeds website but I had my landlord bring through people to see the apartment yesterday and I had to destroy my cardboard veg box. I switched them to 13/11 Saturday 4/4 which was after 1 week.

I don't know I might rebuild a nice veg space for all my plants and put a lot of them back into vegetation. I got some weed just chopped down so I'm in no rush. I definitely want big trees so might veg them for like a month. We will see how they are gonna grow.

asdfasf

pI0kReU.png

I never labeled the seedlings but I'm pretty sure this is the super malawi haze. Has more indica looking leaves.

nifq8l9.png

Panamalawi. I did break that tap root on it and did seem to slow it down for a little bit to the point the other plant outran it in growth last week but this week it seems like it's back on schedule. I think it's gonna be fine.

I topped these yesterday. That not-for-potted-plants soil doesn't seem to be all that bad. The plants sprung back after a week and there is no sign of yellowing anymore.

I still don't know how long to veg them for. I want them to get big but not too big that they outgrow the space. Fuck it, if anything I will just take them outside to finish in the sun. I doubt they will get too big. These aren't even too big buckets.

Wish me no more deficiencies ahahahaha

asdfasf

Hey,
It's been a while and I had everything on hold because I've been too busy lately.
I only got a text update right now because there isn't really much to show.
The plants are fine. They are alive and they look like leaves on a stick because over the past two months I had a lot of trouble rooting clones.
I gave up on my aerokloner3000® because it was leaking and wasted a lot of time and cuttings trying different methods. I finally got my shit together and I got 4 clones of the panamalawi ready. I killed the super malawi haze clones. They rotted so I'm still trying to start them over. Currently have them in rockwool cubes and everything looks good for now but we will see if it works out at all. I have learned that some strains are easier to clone than others.
I understand now why that not-for-potted plants soil is not for potted plants. I have fucking mushrooms flies spiders and centipedes growing out of this soil and I might have jeopardized the entire operation by bringing this shit in. We will see.
I think I want to try coco coir as the next step.
I have some contractors coming in they are supposed to fix the insulation on the house and I wanna get a tent before then. This way I can minimize the odor and light leaks before I start flowering. I could put the tent inside of the closet and be all set.
That's it for now. I will follow up with some pictures once I come to a stable point with the grow. Don't wanna get your hopes up just yet.

asdfasf

This is what my Super Malawi Haze looks like now:
xtPNU5W.png

Stem rub gives off a lemon cleaner type of smell.

Panamalawi:
tqaQO8Q.png

Got kind of like lemon but more earthy notes dominating the smell.

I think I switched them to flowering around the time I wrote the last post. I'm surprised how well they're thriving. I see no trouble and great vigor. I got my cloning game mastered. Got a fuckton of clones running and won't stop. I gotta get some colloidal silver and try making feminized seeds again. Unless I will try with GA3 but I have some doubts about it. Maybe if I can make it work with CS then I will try GA3 again. I don't know. As you can see I got a huge problem with the fucking fungus gnats. I gotta get like some stuff you put in soil to get rid of these fuckers. Maybe I will get it on the internet. I'm about to order a tent too.
Next step is to get these grow bags and keep moving on up.

asdfasf

I kept it on the down low because I don't take care of these plants but I gave my wife bangi haze regular seeds (6). 5 males, one female. I got clones of all of them and looking to make 5 crosses and self the female. We will see though.
fX8lYsO.png

n0lv7XG.png

ZElO647.png

kTpiixj.png

R3EPo6b.png

asdfasf

A6IQKRP.png

It's at two weeks flowering.

I just dropped

Malawi Feminized - 1 seed

into water right now. Will make it for an interesting mix.

asdfasf

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Malawi Feminized - 1 seed [/FONT]
sILaTMG.png

It looks exactly like super malawi haze. I wonder if it's gonna have lighter stem color.

asdfasf

Pretty glad I got my cloning game pinned down real good because this next grow is going to be on a whole another level.

Rzav57y.png

Latest posts

Latest posts