What's new

Sprouted seed/enzyme teas.....

About working with sprouted seed teas......

Are certain sprouted seeds more ideal to use during vegging and others more ideal for flowering?

Just wondering about this topic in general.

Curious what ya'll use, the amounts, and when/at what point through out the grow do you use sprouted seed teas?

Is it possible to use "too much"?...Any cons or negatives to using sprouted seed teas?

Do ya'll just do a soil drench or do you do a foliar application?

h.h.

Veteran
Sprouted teas are an invention of those selling expensive popcorn. Don’t read too much into them. They’ll feed your biology a little bit.

Reactions: X15
V

voidpainter

I keep missing on this SST conspiracy, I've seen you post it before without any further explanation provided. Would you kindly present any kind of argument as to why this is voodoo?

5$ for 10lbs of malted barley is "expensive popcorn" ?

Enzymes present in malted barley - amylase, arylsulphatase, β-glucosidase, cellulase, chitinase, dehydrogenase, phosphatase, protease and urease.

h.h.

Veteran
Tell me how it works. Citations please.

Sunshine stop trolling. I blocked you once. You begged forgiveness. I felt sorry for you. That was a mistake.

h.h.

Veteran

Maple_Flail

not exactly impirical or anything other than anicdotial.

but due to copous amounts of time to think and experiments during this social lock down reality. I"ve started experimenting with approaching my SST making like a beer brewer.

PH of the 'brew' while brewing seems to have an effect. spesifically speaking about saponins that occur ing some of these seeds lower ph extraction seems to make the process of extraction significantly faster.

depending on inputs i'm seeing benifets brewing at 5.2-5.6ph and Ph'upping just prior to feeding/drenching to meet require ph input.

currently toying with alfalfa and oatmeal while barley and corn sprout

Sunshineinabag

Tell me how it works. Citations please.

Sunshine stop trolling. I blocked you once. You begged forgiveness. I felt sorry for you. That was a mistake.

wow, you are a serious asshole H.H i was trying to be civil but your just a piece of chit truly..........stay where you are buddy, cause round here you get dragged into the woods with a quickness! you calling me a troll is really fuken rich scumbag

h.h.

Veteran
not exactly impirical or anything other than anicdotial.

but due to copous amounts of time to think and experiments during this social lock down reality. I"ve started experimenting with approaching my SST making like a beer brewer.

PH of the 'brew' while brewing seems to have an effect. spesifically speaking about saponins that occur ing some of these seeds lower ph extraction seems to make the process of extraction significantly faster.

depending on inputs i'm seeing benifets brewing at 5.2-5.6ph and Ph'upping just prior to feeding/drenching to meet require ph input.

currently toying with alfalfa and oatmeal while barley and corn sprout

Sounds like fermentation. A different process.

Maple_Flail

Sounds like fermentation. A different process.

fermentation requires yeast, either man preped or wild.

are you suggesting PH may have an effect on attracting wild yeast while brewing/steeping?

I'm merely looking at extraction properties, I would assume the concentration of grains used would make a pretty near water brew anyway. with a time of 48hrs or so between ingredients added and filtering and watering. I don't see really anything that would suggest fermentation in these steeps. now if it was a week or longer you might be on to something.

currently not seeing any apparent yeast/protein activity the only saponin residues (significantly thinner and waifier than yeast protein)

I do have the lasts of a batch thas was steeped almost a weekago that hasn't made it out to the compost pile yet (still getting frosts here so nothing in ground to give it too) it hasn't done any obvious fermentation unless it decided to lager its self.

ChongoBongo

not trying be rude, and sorry to necro, but none of those are related to SST. I'm sure SST is good and has something going for it, but saying "it has enzymes" is like saying miracle grow "has NPK". Or that gatorade "has electrolytes" 🤣 Sorry but that's not really scientific, or helpful 😂 Which electrolytes? Which enzymes? In what quantities and proportions? what do they actually do for my plant? Do you have data to back it up? If I was going for a mystery juice of "I know this has good stuff but I don't care what" I'd go with compost teas and jadam JLF and JMS. I'm sure those have plenty of enzymes and PGRs too and I can make all of them in 5gal batches without having to leave the yard or wait longer than 3 days. I need to know if SSTs have anything specifically worthwhile that I can't get cheaper and easier somewhere else before I spend the time and money to go after them.

I mean, does anyone have any research or studies or data to back this up? Even something saying "sprouted corn is rich in cytokines" in a verifiable, citable way (sorry but sites like alchimia and growweedeasy are not citable sources no matter how much I use them too) would be helpful! All I can find is stoner broscientists quoting other stoner bro scientists on forums. I swear I can't find a single trustworthy source on this

edit: no offense broscientists, I love you all ♥️

Last edited:

h.h.

Veteran
A lot of broscience is based on intuition as well as experience. Much is fad . Sometimes designed to sell high priced popcorn. I would not discourage SST’s. I just believe they’re overblown in the name of profit. Some acacia seeds off of the tree outside maybe. It’ll help dissipate the chlorine in your water. I wouldn’t personally put much more effort into it.