What's new

Spot the growhouse ....

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The black plastic over the windows is bad enougth , and few houses have two tumble drier hoses pokeing out of upstairs windows showing steam all night.

But the bright yellow sodium , lighting up several back gardens where the tape has failed makes it bloody obvious.

picture.php

The property is very close to mine , was rented out two months ago for 1200 a month , there is little chance of them getting away with this one as the scary local neighborhood watch lady pointed it out to me , and she reads the daily mail.

Tempted to warn somehow , but if they are that stupid its probably best to let nature take its course.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya,,,cannot believe the stupidity just hang a big sign outside saying please come and bust me,,,stay well away my friend,,,,peace and regards s2

B

buddymate

I would be tempted to stick a brief note through their door telling them to sort their shit out as they are attracting unwanted attention,hate to see anyone get nabbed just for growing a f*cking plant :ying::tiphat:

L

LEX-UK

They obviously in majority 99% of the know it all growers that know fuk all.

1200 either big house or friendly landlord lol.

Most definitely leave WELL alone!

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The elderly lady who owned the house had rented it out through a national property company , she has gone into care and since died.

They made a fatal mistake in renting in a village full of retired folk who dont miss a thing , seems to have been a subject of gossip since day one.
Parking outside nosey watch lady,s house , sitting there for twenty minutes smokeing , then walking the last 100 yards was another bad move , she has their description and reg plate thinking they were potential burglars.

Doing the same thing every four days at the same time was what got her going.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
you gunna have to write that note in 5 different languages lol

fucked up bigtime there,clearly not done this before

id keep well away police could be watching allready

peace

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
What a bunch of dumb fucks. Stay away from such stupidity. I would not even warn the fucks..they should have gotten a warning in that grow book they read..hell,even shitty ass high times tells people to STFU about their gardens and to make sure shit is light tight. To much info out there for them to be so careless. After all,it takes a few minutes to fix those holes as opposed to the explaining to the police they did not.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They move here from London to die , its like an inland version of Torquay , spending their last years looking out from behind the nets for visitors that never come.

Before a bypass oppened it was an old backwater with low property values , despite my best efforts its now gone a bit posh and toryfied.

My thirty year vendetta with the parish council had its comic moments , nobody tells me what colour to paint my front door and i dont give a toss about britain in bloom.

W

willyweed

sounds to me like commercial ,thats one of the main reasons we all grow in silence.because of their greed .leave them to it .prob stealing the electric as well pushing up our bill to compensate for their theift.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
They move here from London to die , its like an inland version of Torquay , spending their last years looking out from behind the nets for visitors that never come.

Before a bypass oppened it was an old backwater with low property values , despite my best efforts its now gone a bit posh and toryfied.

My thirty year vendetta with the parish council had its comic moments , nobody tells me what colour to paint my front door and i dont give a toss about britain in bloom.

lol no doubt theres pretty planters all the way along the streets with hanging baskets and balcony boxes around the local bus shelter:biggrin:

peace

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The expensive plastic planters try to look like roman stone outside the antique shops , but are as fake as most of the locals now.

They paid to install a red phone box , though the village never had one , and its never used and costs the parish money every year.

Thanks to old church land sale documents i have to pay these wasters 500 quid every year forever on top of poll tax , feel like an alien round here now and its time to sell up and move to a warmer climate.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
sounds like where i live mate. tbh your better off leaving them to it, if the police get involved least they can go waste their time on some idiot instead of someone who uses some common sense. burns off some of the police raid budget for the year.

gingerale

Veteran
sounds to me like commercial ,thats one of the main reasons we all grow in silence.because of their greed .leave them to it .prob stealing the electric as well pushing up our bill to compensate for their theift.

You sure are making a lot of ASSumptions here. If it were me I would drop the guy a note just in case he actually can be helped. Maybe he just doesn't realize how obvious it looks, or that people are actually paying attention?

Wishing the guy to get busted is just bad karma IMO. What is he doing SO wrong that deserves him to be put in jail? Shining a light through a window? Ventilating moist air so the house doesn't rot out? Growing plants? What has he specifically done which makes him a Bad Guy in need of jail time?

sounds like where i live mate. tbh your better off leaving them to it, if the police get involved least they can go waste their time on some idiot instead of someone who uses some common sense. burns off some of the police raid budget for the year.

....so basically you're paying for him to get busted. And you're content with that?

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
You sure are making a lot of ASSumptions here. If it were me I would drop the guy a note just in case he actually can be helped. Maybe he just doesn't realize how obvious it looks, or that people are actually paying attention?

Wishing the guy to get busted is just bad karma IMO. What is he doing SO wrong that deserves him to be put in jail?

....so basically you're paying for him to get busted. And you're content with that?

im not paying anything to get anyone busted i just go and pay whatever i need to to stay within the law.

i agree wishing him to get busted is bad karma and to be honest i dont quite understand some of the replies hostility to the original post.
my own veiw is that this could be a big grow op by the sounds of it and many of them now are run by gangs anyway so in that case im not too bothered if they get busted.
on the other hand it may be a small personal grow in which the guy is mis informed and not clued up on how to grow safely.

eitherway i see your point because my main belief is that no one should go to jail for growing a plant.

MIway

Veteran
The elderly lady who owned the house had rented it out through a national property company , she has gone into care and since died.

They made a fatal mistake in renting in a village full of retired folk who dont miss a thing , seems to have been a subject of gossip since day one.
Parking outside nosey watch lady,s house , sitting there for twenty minutes smokeing , then walking the last 100 yards was another bad move , she has their description and reg plate thinking they were potential burglars.

Doing the same thing every four days at the same time was what got her going.

Lol... Guy that cuts my lawn told me all about the cross the street neighbors infidelities and subsequent moving out. Lady to my right told me about the prostitutes of another neighbor down the street. Lol... People notice things... Especially in the neighborhood. I talk shit about the kids with my old lady neighbor even. Wonder what they say about me and my habits?

But yeah man... Do the right thing and give them a heads up... Ul feel better about your own self, and might keep the cops from pulling comps on power use around the block... Maybe yours.

Though no good deeds goes unpunished... Seen that play out too. Go anonymous... And don't let the neighbors see ya do it!