What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spot Flooded!

G

ganjafish

So I prepped 4 50 gallon holes over the course of the winter and one week before I am going to put my plants out there it floods! Now, I didn't dig the spots in a low area but the river which was a 1/2 mile away flooded. It rose at least 15 feet to get to my grow spot, this is a bitch. The worst flooding in 10+ years and it has to happen this year!

Hopefully the water will recede quickly, but now I have these 7 inch plants in dixie cups that are out of place in my veg area with my 2 inch plants. I'm ready to get 2 fem Sensi Star from paradise seeds, and 2 of MDanzig fem blueberry out there. But I guess it could have been worse, if I wasn't so lazy, the plants would be underwater. I have all the spots marked with GPS, I imagine they'll still be good the spots will just be covered with a layer of sediment.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
If the water recedes (which it should) the soil will most likely be more enriched and full of microbial life when you get your plants in.
You might have to pull off some sticks and clutter, but, IMHO, your spots should be better.

Egyptians used to enjoy the Nile flooding yearly because the river would cover their fields and lay down a fresh layer of fertilizer, growing out great crops for them.

G

ganjafish

That's what I was thinking. I hope the water recedes soon I'm anxious to try the great outdoors.

C

Cerb

I'm hoping the best for you. As long as the water isn't moving too fast and washing out your soil, you should have a better grow medium as a result.

G

ganjafish

Yeah I am, my laziness paid off for once! I took clones of the plants I was going to put outside due to space issues. They are now 6 inches tall, the water finally receded they are getting put outside once finals are done, the end of this week.

G

ganjafish

I haven't been back yet, one more final tomorrow and then I'll see what I have to deal with.

Latest posts

Latest posts