What's new

Split from : The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!

SkunkyDemon

Yep, I think it brings you ppm down to 0 or close to it. Thats why is a good idea to use a cal/mag additive. Discounthydro.com has a small one that does 100 gpd and like 25% les waste water. I m going to get one and have a quick disconect for the bathroom sink. Then I just have my res there and run it tell its full and disconect the RO unit and store it tell the next time. Im not sure just yet if you can do this because theres a membrain in there and once its wet there might be a problem of it drying out. Im sure theres not but make sure first. How this helps some.
Peace
As for soil ph you can get a ph tester that has a probe that you push into the soil most test like three things. Some ppl test the water run off, but Iv found that those reather cheap probes work fine, they are like $8-$15 or so. Wally World has them.

Last edited:

PanDraska

Hi Everyone !

This plant is one of Lowlife mix, dont know whats wrong with her...

Help me if You could to.

I dont have Ec meter, and Ph meter. She takes mineral food in minimal dosage ( 2 times ).

Want to add Magnesium/Calcium powder, but she have wet now. That powder is on top of soil on the pics.

Have a nice day.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And whole plant:

picture.php

SkunkyDemon

Looks almost like light burn. You can buy a light defuser that will help. You can get hot spots in all sorts of strange places. Even how the mylar hangs on the wall can possibly cause hot spots. Well I hope this helps some, Im no pot guru but thats my two cents lol.
Peace

PanDraska

Thanks for sugestion Mate.

Anyway lamp is 30 cm above the plant, and temperature is 24, but maybe You right with diagnose the spots...

Hmm... I afraid about this, looks similar https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=55259

Today ill take out plant from pot and check it. Prabobly i have seen brown root in hole at bottom of bucket couple days ago...

Unfortuneally all dilers selling gritweed in my city, and i cant to do what i love to...

Peace !

Thats roots looking:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

At the bottom of bucket they looks healthly, at side holes they are brown, but in touch they are dry, so maybe thats why they are brown...

Skunky demon ill pull up my lamp, and will see. And when she get dry ill add magnesium and calcium.

P.S. I brake out one of bigger internodes... :( Maybe should to try to make clones from it ?

Peace.

Still in progres. I added 1 tea spoon of Dolomite Per 1,5 l water with 10ml. 2/6/6 mineral with micro yesterday and it still in progress.

That fresh photoes:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And other plant too:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This photo show how its begin. its otherone plant with starting this simptomes:
picture.php

Sry for more big pics, i dont know code to put smaller imgs.

Have a Nice Day.

I

Indian Culture

Pandraska, from my research it looks like your plant is showing signs of a Magnesium deficiency, the middle of the leaf fingers and viens are dark green but the outside of the fingers are turning yellow, also the tips of each leaf are turning brown.

I have a question about my water, it has alot of calcium already in it, I want to grow in organic soil and I'm wondering if I should still add lime to my soil mix? I also have a little rust in my water sometimes is that going to hurt the plants?

PanDraska

Pandraska, from my research it looks like your plant is showing signs of a Magnesium deficiency, the middle of the leaf fingers and viens are dark green but the outside of the fingers are turning yellow, also the tips of each leaf are turning brown.

I dont know... Its on middle/maybe a little bit on top leaves ( generally middle ). I read about mg def, and prabobly it shows from lower leafs. I sprayed all of them with Epsom Salt yesterday, and today. No efect... Maybe its Fe, other micro or Potasium ? Plz Help.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Prandeska, how often do you feed your plant and how much?

The roots that are showing brown spots in that hole is from the roots drying out from being exposed from the air.....did you remove those pieces of the root and put them on the bottom part of the pan? Where did those pieces come from?

Your plant is showing iron deficiency... what kind of water are you using? Bottled? RO? (reverse osmosis)? Tap?

I understand you don't speak much English, it's a little hard for me to understand you.....

Foliar spraying with epsom salts won't work, because it's iron that plant is lacking...

also I see some parts of the plant that was curling in previous pictures..... what light wattage are you using?

What kind of soil?
It's also important to test the pH if you can, because sometimes even if you feed your plant the proper dose of nutrients, if the pH is off the plant will not absorb the nutrients.

Do you have a pH test strips at all? do you know how to test the pH>?

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
The roots that are showing brown spots in that hole is from the roots drying out from being exposed from the air.....did you remove those pieces of the root and put them on the bottom part of the pan? Where did those pieces come from?

I think that is a pic of the bottom of her bucket, and the roots are growing out of the holes drilled in it--
Prolly should have transplanted before flower--:tiphat:

PanDraska

I use:

250W osram Plantstar ( now 25 cm from tops )

Soil mix in ph 5,5 - 6,5 with nutreins 14-16-18 with micro.

I use tap water ( after 48h stand ) and i dont have any ph meter.

Was feeding plants only 2 times with minimal dosage ( 2,5 ml/l with 2-5-6 with micro, its nute for cactuses ).

Soil was to wet of a lot of time.

Today i looked for something with iron and i found only that: 15 N, 0.5 Fe, and i sprayed them, dont know it was correct, because that product have alot of N :/

Sry for bad English and Thank You for interesting.

Thanks for sugestion Mate.

Anyway lamp is 30 cm above the plant, and temperature is 24, but maybe You right with diagnose the spots...

Hmm... I afraid about this, looks similar https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=55259

Today ill take out plant from pot and check it. Prabobly i have seen brown root in hole at bottom of bucket couple days ago...

Unfortuneally all dilers selling gritweed in my city, and i cant to do what i love to...

Peace !

Thats roots looking:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

At the bottom of bucket they looks healthly, at side holes they are brown, but in touch they are dry, so maybe thats why they are brown...

Skunky demon ill pull up my lamp, and will see. And when she get dry ill add magnesium and calcium.

P.S. I brake out one of bigger internodes... :( Maybe should to try to make clones from it ?

Peace.

Still in progres. I added 1 tea spoon of Dolomite Per 1,5 l water with 10ml. 2/6/6 mineral with micro yesterday and it still in progress.

That fresh photoes:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And other plant too:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This photo show how its begin. its otherone plant with starting this simptomes:
picture.php

Sry for more big pics, i dont know code to put smaller imgs.

Have a Nice Day.

rootbound is what it looks like to me. too small of pots. how long did you veg before flowering?

PanDraska

Ibezphil2005 its AF strain from lowlife.

Seeds get poted in 20.12.2010. Weg during to +/- 20.01.2011, so around 1 mounth. Pots are 20L.

Ibezphil2005 its AF strain from lowlife.

Seeds get poted in 20.12.2010. Weg during to +/- 20.01.2011, so around 1 mounth. Pots are 20L.

if you put them straight into the 20l/5gal pots from seed there is a chance still. Just seems like if everything else is good and you have it that crowded in the bottom of the pot already, how does the top look? If you disturb the soil at the top, how far before you hit roots? Just something to make sure of is all.

Poppajon

I hope that I'm not out of line by posting this here but it's the only way I know to address a question to MyNameStitch. I have done 4 plantings, I hesitate to call them grows due to the dismal results. I was reading this thread hoping to gain some insight and maybe identify my problems. Anyway I read a post dated 11-13-07 by Stich in which she was helping Gone Growing with his problems where she stated that he should be lowering his ph to hydro levels of 5.8 to 6.5 because his substrate was soiless. He was using biobizz allmix. I guess I don't fully understand exactally what soiless is. If it doesn't have dirt is it soiless. Does this mean my MG potting mix is soiless? I've been trying to get a runoff Ph of 6.5 by watering with 6.5 water/nutes. Should I aim for 5.8 Ph? Also, is aquarium Ph up and down ok to use?

Greenpickel

Bout 3 weeks in, started yellowing after the first week.

Was gona write a laundry list of all my variables but maybe u all can tell from a pic. (On information overload in this thread)

Attachments

• IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 15

bluecoupe

wondering if i could get alittle help ,this is my first go around at doing this hobby and it seems it have a problem ,pretty much all the plants have 3 or 4 big fan leaves doing this ,some are slowly yellowing ,some have brown spotting ,some have seems like they have parts burnt to a crips,there seems to be more and more showing up everyday,they are on week 2 of flower,i def would appriciate any help i could get ,kinda stressing about this ,thanks :tiphat:

like2learn

What is your ph situation like? Do you check the runoff? I've got some some pictures that I would like anyone to offer any advice on too. I checked all the leaf guides, but I haven't been able to come up with an idea about this..Take a look :)

ph

ph

What is your ph situation like? Do you check the runoff? I've got some some pictures that I would like anyone to offer any advice on too. I checked all the leaf guides, but I haven't been able to come up with an idea about this..Take a look :)

what type nutes are you using, water, etc. do you have ph, ec meter? Looks like you have a combination of ph issues with nute lockout but need to know about the ph meter, etc., nutes

Latest posts

Latest posts