What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Split from : The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!

darken

Stitch,

How ya doin? Good to see you here at IC. I have a question that you might be able to help me on. When I move my plants form my EZ cloner under my 1000w light they alway droop, wilt, fall over... something like that. I run an aero tube system and I've ruled out overwatering because when I put the babies from EZ clone into a middle stage for about a week then transfer to the aero tubes they don't wilt.

So from EZ cloner directly into the aero tubes under 1000w they wilt. (the 1000 watt is on a light mover 2 feet above the plants)

If I go from EZ cloner do a secondary system under a 250w light for a week then into the aero tubes they don't wilt.

Why do you think this happens and should this be happening?

thanks for any input.
darken

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
um sorry to say 20k i have not killed ANY plants

are you kidding? cause it doesnt seem like you are
i thought you was a friend of mine :confused:

anyways i have yet to kill or harm anyones plants

you shouldnt use that strong of a light moving them into there use a fluro light or some kind of smaller lighting wattage
they have to be weaned most of the time
also helping them misting them slightly helps but dont overly mist or they get spoied

ok now that i read that lol see that proves i would be right now cause i only read half the first post and i respond to each question before i read the whole post

they wilt because of the intense heat and wattage which is why easing them in the system is much less stressfull and they grow much better

much like a person, when you break an arm fro lighting to heavy of weights and you havnt used it in 6 weeks and you just get your cast off
do you want to go right back using that arm to lift the same amount of weights or a little less?

nope you wanna start out light first and work your way up!
would you want to go right out

spicecowboy

Yea I got a little plant trouble...

Yea I got a little plant trouble...

spicecowboy said:
I can tell you all a lot about powdery mildew, a serious problem that can ruin your whole crop.

Actually I plan to start a thread about the mildew and other problems like budrot and spidermites.

Actually I have a strange thing going on.

Too bad I got no pictures to post at the moment(definitely have to get myself a digicam..).- but let me try to describe it.

Some of the lower leaves became totally crippled and crispy dry overnight, with strange yellowish spots, and a yellow-brownish to almost dark green colour(on the leavetips).

This happened on two plants(2 males by the way as I detected today/- both are Serious Seed´s "Kali Mist".)

The other plants("High Sierra", NL#5XHaze, Sativa Kush) only look a little effected, but not as scary,-despite one plant(a female), and guess the strain?- It´s a Kali Mist.

I´ve been growing this strain for almost 6 years now, and I know that it´s very sensitive.

Fortunately the female Kali doesn´t look as bad as her male companions(soon to be killed..)- only one leaf shows this type of "necrosis" so far.

So the question is: What did I do wrong?

Too many nutes can´t be the problem, as I use my proven soil mix as usual and didn´t feed them so far.

I must confess that I had some watering problems(letting get the soil very dry before watering again/I mean, it´s good to let the soil get dry enough,- but too much is too much,- so maybe that could be the reason?

However...

I watered them good with enough patience* tonight, and then(maybe 3 hrs later) gave them some organic fertilizer(N: 4%/P: 6%/K: 8%)

Let´s see what´s gonna happen.

* With "patience" I mean: Letting the water get the right temperature, water them once, then wait 5-10 minutes and water again instead of pouring water on dry soil like a maniac...

Unfortunately it seems like I only got 3 females left(from about 16 seeds of many diffenrent strains).

Well, that´s what I call the opposite of a lucky beginning.

Gonna transplant the femmes to BIG pots as soon as I can.

I´m aware of the fact that 3 plants can even yield more than 7/square meter, especially Sativas.

So I´m gonna let the remaining girls veg a little longer, gonna give them a cut and then go to 12/12.

That and some better watering, organic nutes and CO2 should be enough to grow 3 monster bushes that perfectly fill the space (hopefully)

The females left are:

1 Kali Mist, 1 Nl#5XHaze and 1 "Sativa Kush"(still don´t know about the genetical makeup, but(despite the "Kush" in it´s name, this pheno clearly looks like a Sativa).

Only 3 females left,-oh my...

Well, at least I got the Kali( my favorite so far) and the NL#5Haze(my second favorite..).

Don´t know about the "Sativa Kush", but it looks pretty promising so far.

One Love,

spice

Anyone can help me?

One Love,

spcice

20kw dreams

Of course I was joking Stitch, that's why I put the :moon: in there, I just wanted to get everyone all riled up around here.:yummy: We would kick it tough if we new each other :friends:

Never killed a plant though? Seriously? Shit I've killed a ridiculous amount of plants...but also resurected a few from the dead. I think I'm killing one right now, actually. Aren't you the on who tried to use battery acid as a ph down? Don't lie stitch, I know it was you

Check this story out, which is what I'm doing right now:

So, I got my Krusty type setup, right? I think you saw the one. It's the 5kw apartment trees over in the hydro growers forum. So, I decided to put misters on top of the buckets instead of straight 1/4" feeders, as I like the aero style too, and know that would provide maximum aeration for the water. For the last few weeks I have been having drainage problems. It seemed as though my 1 and 1/4" drain lines were clogged, and I was like :OH SHIT: this sucks. Today, I go in there w/ my drill, some grommets and some other crap to fix the problem. So, I drill the holes and have a 5 gallon bucket waiting for all that plugged up water to drain out and guess what the fuck?

Just guess

No water.

?

So, I turn on the pump, and water leaks out the top again:confused: So, I'm super confused at this point, and finally the reality of what is going on hits me. The root mass is so dense, that the water is not even draining throught he buckets to the drains. So now that I know the problem, I have tried setting the timer back to 30secs on/15 minutes off, hoping that shorter bursts closer together will aid in the water making it's way through the rootmass. Before, I thought it was a drain issue, as in the bottom drain, so I had it on 5 min on, 45 min off.

Anywho, the plant is looking pretty ill. I think part of the plant might not recover. What would you recommend to aid in a speedy recovery of a severe overwatering case stitch? I was thinking just throwing in a bunch of H2O2 to help eat the decayed root, and add some O2 to the rootzone, which would probably be your recommendation too. Thanx for the advice stitch!

Here's the link to my thread stitch
http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=20244

I lost my camera last weekend though, so it's pretty much a shitpile of a thread lately.
<<<These pics are the last ones I took, at 28 days flower I think

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
s for the plants it looks like a potassium magnseium or calcium deficiency would have to have a close up pics of the leaves
potassium def when its very slight doesnt have to yellow it can show the brown edges or colored edges like calicum does

but as for the water thing i can ask my boyfriend about that one hes into technical stuff :)

ill ask him when he gets home tonight

lol i was likie weewww man now what did i do to turn someone against me?
i love the way the system works and how it makes bushy plants i would die to see one that big irl

i will get my wish soon though ;)

Last edited:

burnt out og'er
Veteran
Hi MynameStitch,
Please dont take this criticisim as an insult MynameStitch...
I do like this compilation of nutrient def information you have here for a plant def guide, but there are a several areas of concern imho which I feel still need some attention and editing. Some of the pictures and advice have information which could be very misleading if not plain deadly to the newbie growers plants.

I'd like to point out some of these, and we can all discuss each issue so that hopefully you can edit them and eventually have a plant guide all can be proud of which will be useful and NOT cause anyone to accidentally harm or kill their grows because they mis-interpreted the information contained in this compilation paper.

Lets start with a couple things that jumped off the pages as false or misleading info:

For example, heres one that jumps off the page...
Hydro Adjustments: PH UP, sodium bicarbonate or lime.(Only quality PH buffers should be used to adjust ph and be sure the buffer and nutrient work's well together.)

It would be much better imho, if you recommended a safe pH up such as potassium hydroxide, rather than suggesting "sodium bicarbonate" which could ultimately cause harm if not a complete f.u.b.a.r. situation that could lead to plants suffering or dieing.

Heres another one:
The N def pictures you showed...
Picture number two labeled "Nitrogen Deficiency in late Flowering)(Thanks to BillyBob for the Picture)".

Oh my God, good golly miss molly...That little plant pictured is a perfectly healthy late stage flowering plant. It is totally normal, read "natural" for mid to late stage flowering cannabis plants to display an N shortage (yellowing off begining with the largest fans first progressing upwards). IE: It is part of the natural progression of things which "mother nature" intended for this herb. The plant will "take what it needs" for the fruits its producing as far as Nitrogen goes at this stage in life, through the process of translocation. Did you mention this ?

Arrrgh... adding N at this point in the growth would be a horrible mistake for a grower to make!

After all, what we're after is the high quality, smooth burning, sweet taste of "kind bud", and NOT foul burning harsh green schwaagage.

I do feel very strongly that it would be "a good thing" if you were to advise the readers of this guide regarding what is a normal healthy flowering plant, so the newbies dont go pumping up the N in mid to late stage budding and screwing up their final harvests.

For now, thats a start mns, I also encourage others to point out areas where they have a concern regarding this plant guide, so that eventually it can be edited for the sake of full accuracy. It would also be "a good thing" if this compilation of information would include the proper source web linkage for each and every portion of c&p'd info you have included in this guide (such as you had in your last growfaq submittal of same). Eventually, once its completed, I'd like to see it stickied here and closed with a link to an open thread where members can chit chat, ask their questions or voice whatever plant diagnosis concerns, rather than confusing the readers with all the exteraneous chit chat trailing off the end of this guide.

ps... I almost fell outta my chair looking at that "tiger misquito" you have pictured as a fungus gnat. heh heh heh

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Please dont take this criticisim as an insult MynameStitch...
i sure in the fuck do now because you think its funny

ok first off im still editing

2nd off i edited the way the faqs wanted this to be in the first place

3rd off i sent you 27 links to the growfaqs that was copy and pasted and you only removed 3 you also stated that you woul come back at a later time and reopen the thread
i took all my time looking through the growfaqs proving to you there was copy and pasted verbatim stuff from copyrighted sources

but yet this guide has come under scrutiy so badly by the EX mods of OG
but yet you have yet to look at your own grow faqs full of nothing but copyrighted info and yet you blast me for it when there is no copy righted material

and for your information 10k
Lets start with a couple things that jumped off the pages as false or misleading info:

For example, heres one that jumps off the page...
Quote:
Hydro Adjustments: PH UP, sodium bicarbonate or lime.(Only quality PH buffers should be used to adjust ph and be sure the buffer and nutrient work's well together.)

your saying the growfaqs is wrong then too cause some of that info came from the faqs

so now what are you going to say? heh heh heh

i guess you call yellowing nautral

but bitter pick my guide all you fucking want
i used the picture to show what a nitrogen deficiency looks like

and yellowing is only natrual towards the end about a week before harvest

so bitter pick all you want

and im sure alot of people will agree with me about this

do feel very strongly that it would be "a good thing" if you were to advise the readers of this guide regarding what is a normal healthy flowering plant, so the newbies dont go pumping up the N in mid to late stage budding and screwing up their final harvests.

its very obviosu you didnt read through it because it states that in my guide too not using to much nitrogen!!! you dont read

ok im getting fucking sick of this i cant stand this no more

you people point out the wrong in me but yet your presious little growfaqs was full of copyrighted material full of it copy and pasted

SHOW ME THE COPY AND PASTED INFO IN MY GUIDE you cant there isnt any

got news for you thats a fungus gnat heh heh heh

got anymore? heh heh heh

OG mods are the onlty ones who pick a bitch about this not one others

kinda funny how its all over the site and many TOP NOTCH growers ay its accurate

including krusty himself and some of the other KFB growers who know alot of stuff

its accurate

i will say it needs some editing which im still in the process of doing and i have posted that in here

but im sick of this shit 10k your out to get me and ive had it

there isnt 1 way to grow this plant and this guide has been used by many people and i have yet have one person come back to me and tell me they took my info and it fucked there plants up you seem to think you know it all 10k if so where was you when people needed help with sick plants?

where was you when the growgfaqs needed editing? where was you 3 months down the road when i pmed you about the faqs having copy and pasted material even copyrighted material photos from canna themselves but yet my guide i made long time ago got deleted for using them when i thought it was alright because the faqs had them in there

you cant please everyone no matter who ya are so 10k you are not the majority

and anyone else here chime in please your thoughts about this i already know what they will be anyways but just to prove someone in this thread wrong

you came in here with me thinking its funny and i dont like it one damn bit

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
oh and some of the stuff i edited alot and since OG went down i didnt get all of it right back and have been still editing things i see

you guys will always be the same no wonder everyone hated OG and now hates ICMAG it took me awhile to see now only because im the nice person i am

Last edited:

dociron

MynameStitch said:
oh and some of the stuff i edited alot and since OG went down i didnt get all of it right back and have been still editing things i see

you guys will always be the same no wonder everyone hated OG and now hates ICMAG it took me awhile to see now only because im the nice person i am

My dear friend? Tranquilo con calma,,,,
there will always be those who belittle and try to tear down good work.
I never "hated" OG, most did not. The actions of some, yes, were hated.
I would trust you with my grow, even my home and personal safety. :respect:
Do your best to rise above the brutish behaviours, you are better than that.
Those in the know, know you and your work.
Personally, I would rather read your work than to waste a dime on "HT".
Did I happen to say "Respect"? There's a ton of it from this old guy.
You take care my friend............ dociron :friends:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
well i dont mean overgrow i mean some of the people who ran it

i got along with most of the staff

thereis just a small few...........

thank you doc
but like i said before you cant please everyone its absolutly impossible

there will always be someone to disagree with you

and this guide is all over the net many many people have seen it and if something was wrong "truely wrong" then i would hear it all over the place

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
MnS, you seem to become very defensive (and offensive) when someone corrects or disagrees with your information.

10k was assigned by me to moderate this forum, along with a couple other forums. I chose 10k for this forum, based on his extensive knowledge, as well as many other reasons.

It is highly adviseable that you show some respect to the moderator of this forum by removing your F*cks from your diatribe post and act like a mature adult here. If you disagree with something posted, state so, in a civil manner. And stop reverting to gratuitous and very common profanity.

MynameStitch said:

Everyone????? Funny that we have about 500 people signed on around now, all hating it madly and if I recollect OG used to have up to 2000 people online regularly hating it up....LOL....are you serious?

coupled with........

MynameStitch said:
like i said before you cant please everyone its absolutly impossible

You can't please all of the people all of the time, we try to please most of the people most of the time and generally manage to do that.

coupled with.........

MynameStitch said:
you cant please everyone no matter who ya are so 10k you are not the majority

This isn't about minorities or majorities. All we are looking for in what you post about cultivation are good solid facts and photos that compliment those facts so as to be able to transmit true information that really does inform, educate and perhaps even entertain. It would be best to compile any information from first hand experience and learned knowledge rather than poaching piece meal pieces of text and photos from the past posts of others intermingled with your own words.

Originality speaks volumes.

dg

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
i really flew off the handle sorry i normally dont ever do that ,again im sorry for that...... really :(

no no dutch grown i dont mean to come off being mean me and 10k have been around before and in the past hes one of the very very few to have problems with me and my guide this guide is all over the net and only a small handfull mostly old tog peeps ever say anything is wrong with my guide

and i feel he is being a bit to picky and hes done this before
if there was things wrong there would be people here posting all the time if stuff was wrong
or all over the net for the fact i check everywhere daily where this guide is posted
nothing... i dont go ape crazy on someone just cause they prove me wrong or cause they say im wrong.......

thats fine if someone has something wrong with my info im not 100% right all the time im human

i shouldnt of said what i said about og and icmag i was really really angry at that time and im sorry i normally done lose my temper

he could have easily pmed me

and by him doing that heh heh heh thing well that took the cake by him thinking its funny

the guide is written in my own words nothing else i dont see why people keep saying its coipy and pasted plain and simple its written in my own words per growfaqs rules

it was copy and pasted from the beginning but then i went over it and re did it because overgrow changed there rules but yet somehow 10k let alot of copyrighted material and copy and pasted material stay in the faqs and did nothing about it even though i showed him a lot of proof there was in there

if someone has a problem with this guide fine pm me we will work it out here in the thread to fix it but all the arguing please can we keep it in a pm?

Last edited:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
No one is arguing here.....differences of opinions maybe, but no need to argue. We are all here to help other growers, right?

Best you and 10k sort out any discrepancies in the guide as he is the assigned moderator of this forum.

We would much rather see harmony than disharmony.

Thanks,
dg

Speedzone

MynameStitch said:
if someone has a problem with this guide fine pm me we will work it out here in the thread to fix it but all the arguing please can we keep it in a pm?

If anyone else have a Prob with it You can take it,leave it,criticize it, whatever to it.
If some people can't use BCS on using this guide they should be growin daisys>> There're easy. :pointlaug

Alot of people would benefit from reading the entire post instead of 1/2 of it,then they wouldn't have to worry about sick plants or bugs,
Snakes ,Lions,Tiger,s and some stinkin Bear.
There's more to it than just looking, feeling, smelling,Add this,Add that,whatever.Minus this or that..
It's called (Basic Common Sense).

If anyone reads this guide and kills or mames there grow,it's there own fault
by not paying attention to what actually is goin on or researching and look for 2nd opinion's, then they can make up their own mind.

I appreciate and respect all of you Guru's,
Everyone is just trying to accomplish something,
(The best,Most efficient,way to Grow.)
And by having all of ya,
We're all just trying to just strive for the same thing.
Sorry if I offended anyone,
I just had to :rant:

Peace> SpeedZone :bat:

Noobs, (BCS) Read,research,and experiment. You'll be just fine :wave:

This is what I gathered when I read the whole (Sick Plant Guide)
and screwed around with this and that.
Thanks Stitch. great guide and starting points for all.

burnt out og'er
Veteran
MnStitch,
I'm sorry you took my criticisms personally. They were meant to be constructive and NOT meant to be taken the way you did. I am not "out to get you". That being said, I wont even try to address your biased comments about Overgrow or the growfaqs, which has zero to do with this anyway, as it will only lead to a non productive exchange.

Btw, you were right and I was wrong regarding that fungus gnat photo, so I'm sorry about the "heh heh heh" remark, I'm just not used to seeing a gnat from a close side view like that .edu web picture you have in this guide. There are much better pictures available out there (top views like a grower would see) and I know you're always looking for photos which may be an improvement, but for now lets do this slowly ok ?

Anyway, do you intend to work with editing some of the things which may be not be accurate info in this guide ? Such as the sodium bicarbonate for pH up and the need to spell out more clearly that issue of mobile nute translocation in mid to late term flowering plants, a totally natural occurance in cannabis, rather than calling it an N def on that photo. That yellowing is not just during the final week like you implied in your reply btw.

I have alot more concerns you might want to edit, but I wanted to take this step by step in the hopes that there'd be no hurt feelings, flames or meltdowns.
The goal after all, is to make this compilation more accurate and easy to follow for the users.

ps... let me know and I can split this thread so all these user comments and discussions take place in another thread, with a link to it on the end of this plant def compilation paper.

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
yes this guide need lots of editing its far from perfect

the fungus gnat picture was given to me by someone i cant remember his user handle but the kid said it was his picture

he posted it in the sick plants thread made to help people diagnosis sick problems looooong time ago

so if its a edu picture im going to remove it because im keeping al copyrighted copy and pasted material out including pictures
the part about ph some of it came from the growfaqs the sodium blah blah stuff

yes canabis does yellow

that picture i used for it was just to show a yellowing plant in flowering because i was trying to show 2 pics
and a good one so i was only being picky on the quality of the picture

han calling it an N def on that photo. That yellowing is not just during the final week like you implied in your reply btw.

i know what happend in that picture i helped the guy lol

thats fine you can go ahead and split the user comments and discussions if you like
i think it will be better