What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spinner Room "Slackers Lab-or-a-tory"

Your grow room is terrifying. Are you not afraid of mechanical breakdown of that badass spinner? It seems to be going so fast....how did you determine the rpm? Thx

S

slackerbri

spinner

spinner

Yeti,

Thanks for stopping in, I was away on a trip one day and was concerned about my setup and wanted to at least see it but then I thought if something was wrong then what do I do, necessity is the mother of invention.

GS,

Thanks for the enthusiasm and positivity and all the help along the way, your advice and input helps considerably.

La Grasserie,

Yes it is pretty scary and when I read your response I that old Dudley Moore movie Crazy People comes to mind where he writes the ad slogan for the movie The Freak, "This movie won't just scare you, it will fuck you up for life."

I guess thats why my next upgrade is all about safety because as you can imagine a holt bulb with current running thru it slapping you upside the head cant feel great, as far as the RPM's go, the manufacturer says thats the speed the unit spins at. If the spinner goes down it's not the end of the world, I can leave the lights stationary and connect the ballasts to standard reflectors and the manufacturer has a great turn around time on rebuilding the spinning unit.

Last edited:

bugbud63

Awesome grow.Did the lights & sppiner come together?How much does it cost and what are the dememtions of the reflextor?That is one sick setup you have!Good Luck & Stay Safe!!

S

slackerbri

bugbud63 said:
Awesome grow.Did the lights & sppiner come together?How much does it cost and what are the dememtions of the reflextor?That is one sick setup you have!Good Luck & Stay Safe!!

They do offer a package but I chose to buy the pieces individually in case of problems that sometimes arise and I prefer Lumatek ballasts. The hood is 42" x 18" so it's pretty large.

terminalc

Farmer
ICMag Donor
Sweet setup man. I had tried to setup a computer controlled room, i couldn't get it reliable enough, and it wouldn't keep its timing while the computer was off. Would you elaborate on what hardware/software you used? Essentially you could completely automate the process, nutrient dosing, watering, raising lights, everything. And what about the encryption on the camera like said above, that could be some real exposure if someone could see the feed and then track the ip address to a physical address.

S

slackerbri

The Pepsi Challenge

The Pepsi Challenge

Terminal,

PM for technical and security questions.

Here is what we will be working with for the next cycle...

So as you can see we have five different types of soil above and what we will be doing is taking one strain which is yet to be determined and running fourteen cuts in seven different soil blends. Four blends are shown above, Canna Bio-Terra Plus, Roots Organic, Fox Farm OF, and Fox Farm Planting mix. Along with those I will be using a 1-1-1 blend of the FF-OF, FF-Planting and FF Light Warrior as well as a blend of 2-1 FF-OF to FF-LW and my own blend of equal parts Canna Coco, Canna Bio-Terra Plus, FF-OF, Expanded Perlite and a blend of nutrients and "Seed-Starter".

So the only question is who do I run in this experiment, GDP or Banana Kush? Any opinions or suggestions?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thatd be a tough choice between GDP and banana k. coin flip maybe? look forward to seeing results.....sub
-once again(or still)...
-----EDIT: must spread rep....

<--- Stands up and claps!!!! Very impressive!!! I wish i had the room, money, and effort for this, I came across this on accident somehow, and bravo! I can't wait to see what you produce from this clean ass setup. People should all see this and take notes.

animal#1

Yo slacker...how much would you charge to set up one of those PC set ups and how long would it take and get iPhone / PDA capable?

Can it control a 90 amp relay?

Last edited:

animal#1

Also, I would recommend experimenting on which ever cut you've grown more of so you have a wider comparison pool to compare against.

J

JeffSpicoli

Damn Slacker! You're like Bill Nye the science guy or something! very VERY impressive. Tough call on the Banana or the GDP, id go with what dusty said about whichever girl you have more experience with

G

Greyskull

JeffSpicoli said:
Damn Slacker! You're like Bill Nye the science guy or something!
we just need to get him the lab coat and BAM!

Last edited:

Dragor

Let me first pick up my jaw off the floor before I can speak anything about this scientific genius slackerbri!!!
Jesu Christi I have never run across a thread as intricate and thought-out as yours bro, nor would I have imagined one - until now!
I would give you a trillion rep points if I could... I knew you had some cool shit going on when we was chillin last weekend, but little did I know how involved it was...
Hope you have your hard hat hanging on the doorknob of the grow room, that spinner is definitely scary fast - but so f'in gnarly with the strobe like flashing and you can see some serious movement on the leaves in that video!!! I'd get baked and watch that shit all day hahah - with some tranced out house music to go with it LOL
Love the automated watering, co2 enrichment, computer diagnostic/monitoring setup, iPhone idea is just a heaving of icing on the cake dude, technical genius at its finest!
This new idea of testing out the different mixes has me even more reeled in... Doing this whole thing in soil/organic is gonna produce some elite ganja my good man...
I am subscribed 100% and you have my full attention on this one B, huge pat on the back for the time and effort and for exposing amateurs like myself to how sky high the limit can be...
I'll bring over an extra lab coat for you next time I see ya, HAHAHA keep it UPPP!
p.s. I say Banana Kush, but that's only cause I haven't seen as much of her ;)

S

slackerbri

Hey good evening all, been a couple of days of running around and putting things together but I made sure there was time to stop in and drop an update as well as some pics.

So I ended up running 6 soil blends; BioCanna, FF Ocean Forest, Roots Organic, FF Planting Mix and then a blend of 1-1-1 FF Ocean Forest, Light Warrior, and Planting mix as well as a blend of all the above with expanded perlite as well as Canna Coco. I decided to run both strains, the GDP and the Banana Kush as I just couldnt make up my mind and figured I could run both. I also had room to throw a MK and BBK in there for good measure.

Dragor,

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my room, this is mainly my veg area and where my moms live, I figure its better to experiment here and play with the stuff I see out there. I also figured I haven't seen a alot of banana around so I too wanted to check it out. So far so good and I do have some more goodies in store but so far I am just working out some little things. Stop back by and drop some science, your knowledge is always appreciated.

JS and GS,

I had a labcoat and hardhat but fucked up and walked outside a few times with them still on and people were staring at me, kinda like when I show up at starbucks in by boxers and bathrobe(think the McPolye brothers from that TV-show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia).

Here are some pics, this is the setup of the new soil blends. I did manage to get the girls in the soil and all the plumbing ran but my camera ran out of battery so more pics to come tomorrow hopefully.

Then we have a shot of the FFA

Here is the Banana Kush

Then we have Schrom

BlackBerry Kush

C-99, She have ben trained and tied down and loves it, the container she is in is 14" round and she hangs over each side considerably.

Here is C-99 2 weeks into 12/12, she is coming along but as usual never fast enough.

Stop by soon for some more updates, hopefullly I'll have some better(more developed) flower pics soon.

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice selection bro. believe it or not, when i read that list, i see, yadda yadda yadda yadda, SCHROOOOOOOOOM, yadda yadda yadda. just kiddin. those are all killer strains, but im such a freak for schrom. cant wait too see more!!!!

Quazi

That C99 is looking nice for just 2 weeks man. Patience will pay off for sure.

Love the multi-soil-blend thing you've got going on. Can't wait to see the results.

-Q :rasta:

S

slackerbri

Hi everyone

Sorry i havent checked in but due to circumstances beyond my control the Lab Section of my grow is shut down. Before any rumors circulate all my equipment and operations were fine, my spinner still works and the system is being installed into another location. The spinner will be re-installed, back up and running in about a month once a few structural and security modifications are also installed.

Thanks for checking in to those who've followed along, I'll have some new pics up soon of the other side of the OP.

S

slackerbri

baby makin'

baby makin'

Well I dont know if anyone is checking in still but since the spinner was taken down I've been busy with some new arrangements. The basic automation is in places as far as fans, temp, and feeding go but Co2 is being put on hold until it can be used more effectively. Here is a quick update...

Here are some babies, Banana on the left, FFA in the middle and GDP on the right. These are in Elle-pots donated to me from a friend.

Then after we see some roots in the majority of the group I'll select the best-looking, healthiest one to be the new mommy and then most promising babies remaining will be transplanted into soil and then moved into one of these....

So far so good keeping these going, they are 1m x 1m x 2.2m and will hold 9 12" buckets comfortably and can have 9 14" buckets squeezed in. I am using a sun-system fixture connected to it's own 4" Vortex fan to cool off the 400w Hortilux Blue-MH bulb housed within. The Blue bulb may not have a ton of lumens but the spectrum more then makes up for it.

Thanks for stopping by, more stuff to come.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts