What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spidermites close to flower

jackspratt61

Also as a knockdown for spidermites you can use hydrated lime at 2-3 grams per liter(ph 11) as a foliar. Stir well and let settle, use the clear liquid. Follow that with a light vinegar foliar (ph3). Works well. Thank Slownickel.

jackspratt61

AEA sells this mix.. I do not know their formula.
I made my own using mgsu 5g/gal., .0.8ppm Mo,4ppm Boric acid ( not solubor or borax)

Last edited:

St. Phatty

how do u dip a fully flowering plant in water?? - maybe take em outside and spray the shit out of em with a sprayer, but dipping??? - i agree with dipping when they are small, but in flowering.... tho i guess if u have a large garbage can, fill it with water , its possible... but there is a reason they call em the 'borg'... they should all die.... now back to our originally sch. programming.... the war in Ukraine

Aggressive spraying ?

Maybe over a white bucket, then look it in bright sunlight and see how many bugs ended up in the water.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Look... I've had every mite but russets. "Resistant" mites from many growers, personally helped many more in their own gardens. Water, isopropyl alcohol and a surfactant, ONLY on the plant and preferrably only during veg and up to week 2 in flower.

Yes, this has included 4ft+ plants at some grows, protect the root zone and FULLY drench with great ventilation. The key is regularly repeating to kill freshly hatched mites before they lay eggs. When the last spray kills the last mites,all the eggs have already hatched. Infestation is gone.

No residuals, dries fast, works a treat. STUPID cheap aside from labor. ;)

When it does not? Someone has not found and eliminated the original source of infection.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hello friends,

I posted around 2 weeks ago trying to find out what pest I had and I'm pretty sure by now that it is spidermites. The plant is full of these little white eggs. I have tried predator mites, two packs of them but after 10 days of not seeing an improvement I used spinosad, which also netted no improvement. There are no webs yet, but I have given up on the grow in the sense that I still take care of it but I assume that it won't be consumable.

Any input on what to do when the eggs are everywhere on the bud? It's too much to manually take off.
In future, you should ferment some sprouted hempseed microgreens (or sprouted sunflower seeds if not available). Hempseed can be bought in baitshops. When using hempseed, you don't have to guess whether the spores and mycorrhizal fungi on the seeds are beneficial to hemp.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210323_122609.jpg Views:	0 Size:	176.1 KB ID:	18103001

Hempseeds sprouted in a tray with straight coco, watered with 200PPM high P/K late flowering solution and 50PPM epsom salt once, and then just un pH'd tapwater. Cut the greens or wash roots thoroughly, and especially avoid any dead or decomposing seeds. Don't water until the coco looks dry. (Combined with straight coco, you can see what that does for the roots.) The crowded growth also preserves moisture.

To a container/bottle, add 20% sprouts and 20% raw sugar by volume, and top off with water. Lock up airtight and put away in a warm place. Carefully open to let CO2 out every 3 days or use a fermentation lock used in beer brewing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210323_122609.jpg Views:	0 Size:	176.1 KB ID:	18103001

You use a bottle cap per half a gallon and spray the plants twice, from top to bottom, first with a fine mist to get everything wet, and then with a strong stream, especially focusing on the underside of the leaves, to dislodge as many insects from the leaves as possible. Repeat 3x per week first, 2x to 1x per week after the problem disappears.

This also puts very thick roots on clones. If you spray the mother plant before taking cuttings, rooting starts within days.

The sugar promotes bacterial and fungal growth and attacks pests. It also kills leafminers in the leaf within a day.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210828_160825.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.4 KB ID:	18103004

The leafminers turned from beige/green to black and are decomposing within the leaf. There are many fungi within different parts of the plant that are stimulated by this fermentation. It also works against softbodied insects like aphids, and spidermite eggs.

Attachments

• IMG_20210718_192601.jpg
    IMG_20210718_192601.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20210323_122609.jpg
    IMG_20210323_122609.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20210323_122624.jpg
    IMG_20210323_122624.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20210828_160825.jpg
    IMG_20210828_160825.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 55

Cuddles

how do u dip a fully flowering plant in water?? - maybe take em outside and spray the shit out of em with a sprayer, but dipping??? - i agree with dipping when they are small, but in flowering.... tho i guess if u have a large garbage can, fill it with water , its possible... but there is a reason they call em the 'borg'... they should all die.... now back to our originally sch. programming.... the war in Ukraine

I have done this sort of thing in the shower/bathtub. take the plant and put it in a pastic bag and wrap it well to prevent all the soil falling out. Next, use the shower head to rinse and as long as you can.
Small plants can be dipped in a bucket of water I guess.
I must point out that I never did this with a pot plant in flower!

St. Phatty

In future, you should ferment some sprouted hempseed microgreens (or sprouted sunflower seeds if not available). Hempseed can be bought in baitshops. When using hempseed, you don't have to guess whether the spores and mycorrhizal fungi on the seeds are beneficial to hemp.

How do you keep the birds off the baby Hemp sprouts ?

They might look like cute little birds - but their behavior is more like Piranha fish.

St. Phatty

You have birds loose in your house? :)

2 pet birds. A one pound Mille Fleur hen, and her son, a black Rooster, that has to be confined to a cage most of the time.

I let him run free a few hours a day because I want the hen's eggs to be fertile.

BUT yesterday I let 11 of her grand-children in, and they kind of messed the place up. Basically 4 week old baby chicks.

Cuddles

How do you keep the birds off the baby Hemp sprouts ?

They might look like cute little birds - but their behavior is more like Piranha fish.

this pic reminds me of the korean mushrooms my local supermarket offers on very rare occasions :)