What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider Mites in late flowering

RottyRzr

Apologies for asking this as I'm sure it's been asked many times. I just couldn't find my answer and I need to head out. I just noticed spider mites and webbing on my indoor plant that is in late flower. Only 2 or 3 weeks left. Can I use something like spinosad or azomax this late in flower? Looks like my local hardware store sells a spinosad product and I can run over there and get it if I can use it. Thanks for the help everyone (in advance). Hopefully I can get this under control.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Apologies for asking this as I'm sure it's been asked many times. I just couldn't find my answer and I need to head out. I just noticed spider mites and webbing on my indoor plant that is in late flower. Only 2 or 3 weeks left. Can I use something like spinosad or azomax this late in flower? Looks like my local hardware store sells a spinosad product and I can run over there and get it if I can use it. Thanks for the help everyone (in advance). Hopefully I can get this under control.
Not this late, your best bet is lost coast plant therapy.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Webbing?? wow you really let that go for awhile....That crop is a loss if you ask me. You want to be smoking dead bug carcasses? You have to keep up on stuff like that weekly if not inspecting daily for pests and problems. The fact that it got to webs before you decided to see it or do something is why it will be a loss.
Keep a close eye out next time and take preventative measures.
Peace, negative.

RottyRzr

I found webbing on 2 leafs. Mites only found on leaves of 1 cola. I used a magnifying glass to look the plant over the best I could. The only damage found are the leaves on that 1 cola. I think I'll try to treat and save what I can.
Do you always throw in the towel so fast?
Peace

Reactions: LBL

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I found webbing on 2 leafs. Mites only found on leaves of 1 cola. I used a magnifying glass to look the plant over the best I could. The only damage found are the leaves on that 1 cola. I think I'll try to treat and save what I can.
Peace
Some people are very sensitive to bugs and bug shit in their weed. You and try using a pyrethrum insect spray. Get the kind they use on vegetables. You have to wait 7 days before the spray disappears. That should give you enough time to save you some buds.

xtsho

Flying Skull Nuke Em, Dr Zymes Eliminator, or just get your own citric acid and mix it with water. Citric acid is an effective contact killer. Although, if mixed too strong it can cause leaf damage. If you use either of the two products I mentioned and follow the directions you won't have any issues. Both will kill the mites.

Timj

This is a contact concentrate. Not to be confused with the cheaper garbage that contains Piperonyl butoxide. This product is OMRI approved and dissipates from the plant in less than 3 days. It will kill spidermites on contact. Here's a bit of information on Piperonyl butoxide.
EverGreen Pyrethrum concentrate is not cheap. But, a little goes a long way. Use caution around pets as some will have allergic reactions to it.
20230725_152858.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GROWSAFE BIO PESTACIDE

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Remove the damaged leaves and anything with webs. If its isolated to one plant remove it and stick it outside to finish. Drop the temp below 75 if you can and keep a close eye on them these last weeks and remove any leaves with mites. If they are on a large area i would spray alcohol at 1:10 with water in a very targeted spray on the bottoms of leaves and stems of the effected plants with the lights out. I would order several. Plant therapy, growsafe, athena’s ipm, nukem, dr zymes and begin rotating them in veg immediately. After you harvest i would try to get the room very hot, 125+, for a few hours. Hang some pest strips for a couple days then bleach every surface in the room.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Peace
Haha ...got my laugh for the day. Never lost a bud yet much less a entire crop. I don't smoke bugs. If you found webs they are all over. You can smoke what you like in the end. Enjoy.
Peace, negative.

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

If you don't want to put anything on the plants that might leave a residue you can just spray plain water on the plants and that will slow down the mites a lot, but you need to mist the plants several times a day. Itsmychoice's idea to put them outside sounds pretty good to me. Local incests will show up to take care of the problem for you

Limeygreen

Veteran
Just like everyone else said, water, remove leaf you can try persimillis predatory mite but you might be too late already by the time they get there, cotton swabs with 1 to 10 alcohol (99%) isopropyl for targeted removal. Reduce light to 10 hours until finish and lower temps might slow them down to think winter is coming.

LBL

Didn't see anybody mention Ladybugs.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I use a 10X magnifier to check over the plants. Any leaves that are pulled for discoloration get examined very closely. SMs discolor leaves, and I believe also lead t PM. If you see little golden ballz on the bottom of a leaf, even one ball, spray. Then keep checking and spray again after a couple daze. The final fix though was filtering the air that gets into the tent. Between the dawg and I we track in a lot of crud to the house, and because the tent exits the air outside, all the air flowing in the house migrates to the lung room. I can see it in the dust balls hat accumulate in the hallway leading to it.

RottyRzr

I use a spray liquid called 'Green Clean". The best way is to avoid them. Filtering the air that is blown into the tent, with slight positive pressure, helps a lot in my case.
Green Clean was what I ended up finding locally. A lot of the products mentioned were out of stock around here. I was told spider mites were bad here this year.

Thanks for all (most) of the replies everyone.