What's new

Spider mites AKA The Borg

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
I've been using doktor doom knock out for a few days. gotta take every clone and spray it down individually, but if it touches the mites, they die. tedious, but it's working. I'm not using according to the directions, but it doesn't seem to be harming my plants.

clark420

Doctor Domm and all those other foggers are wattered down only like .8% pyrethrin get the raid 14% ones hehe but not to far in flowering.. Then hit it with some florimite and forbid. I have a friend where his florimite isnt working maybe its old or something..

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
This isn't a fogger, it's an actual spray and it is watered down a lot, but it's more like 2% pyrethrin. I'm waiting a few more days to see if I'm gonna get a fogger, chop some flowering plants that are ready and get them out of harms way. Trying to get this all wrapped up so I can go to Amsterdam in like 20 days!

Chewwy

50/50 mix of 70% rubbing alcohol and water....kills em dead
Does no harm to the plants...as far as I can tell

Used Einstein Oil but it didnt quite do the job

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Used to deal with them yearly, but now.....

AZATROL weekly - every 8 days .75oz/gal _ coco wet. Take showers, no (dirty) clothing or shoes in the growroom. No clothes at all if you can.

OTHERS IN THE GROWROOM very rarely.

Haven't had Mites for 3 years. Except from others' clones, which I do not take very often, and they get a dunk immediately.

PRETEND YOU HAVE MITES, AND KEEP SPRAYING, tops and bottoms of leaves. In winter you can go to every 10 days, or more, if you follow the (no) clothing instructions.

Azatrol also helpsagainst Powdery Mildew. I do not know how or why, but no one I know who uses AZA gets PM either..

Use Pyrethrum (sp?) time release sprayer during the dark period, in conjunction, 4 days after the AZATROL.

My friends get ;em, but I do not.. (Knocking on wood)

GOOD LUCK...~!!!!

Z

Zeinth

Make sure that plants around outside your grow arent infested..if u have cats dogs..pets..lookout..the borg love to ride..

there are so many types of mites.

neem..neem most hav. oil...when intense light hits oil..ouch plants can suffer/..azatrol..foggers..good luck:dueling:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
If you spray when the lights are to go off, or 15 mins before max, no burning of the leaves will occur... Yes, that is a very real problem, in light, each drop becomes a lens. Burning foliage like a magnifying glass and the sun.

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
picked up some of GH's new product Azamax. It's supposed to be pretty awesome. It's foliar and systemic. OMRI listed. Should take care of these fuckers. Once the plant takes it up into it's system the mites can't eat it anymore and they starve.

plantsman

I've been reading loads on spidermites and I've got a plan of attack but what I want to know is can I smoke them?

I've chopped down all my ready and nearly ready plants (I grow perpetual) and they are quite covered in spidermites. But will it do me any harm to smoke them when they're dry?
Will they die on dry plants?

Its really nice bud... i'd hate to chuck it out

plantsman

OK so after some thought my last post seems a bit silly... Obviously these little critters aren't gonna kill me if I smoke em but it doesnt sound too appealing.

Pretty sure i must've smoked some infested buds in my time without knowing it. Might even get some added protein...

D

deathtosoapbar

OK so after some thought my last post seems a bit silly... Obviously these little critters aren't gonna kill me if I smoke em but it doesnt sound too appealing.

Pretty sure i must've smoked some infested buds in my time without knowing it. Might even get some added protein...

Strangely some bud i smoked that had dead mites and eggs on it made me feel very irritable and with slightly flu like symptoms, if you got mites on your drying buds rinse them in a sink full of water or spray them off with a shower head and once dry it will be a better smoke though not ideal but better than mites

plantsman

Strangely some bud i smoked that had dead mites and eggs on it made me feel very irritable and with slightly flu like symptoms, if you got mites on your drying buds rinse them in a sink full of water or spray them off with a shower head and once dry it will be a better smoke though not ideal but better than mites

Cool, I'll do that with the last couple of plants I have flowering. I have gone to war on these mites... Total clear out and start again in my room. It seems that one strain is particularly prone to them so I am going to stick with 1 or maybe 2 and ditch the perpetual thing.

A good clear out every harvest is the best way to deal with the threat, from what I have read.

Thanks for your help

mites on clones

mites on clones

Is there anyway of saving clones from plants full of mites? I am watching them crawl and cover in webs overnight. If the leaves died out then they went after stem too. Help please. I never had this much trouble cloning anything!!!:wallbash:

REZDOG

Veteran
Azatrol is crap.
It won't control them,or eliminate them. Period.

Floramite SC works.

Forbid,by Bayer Pharm.,works.

See my thread on Floramite SC in my forum for more detailed discussion.

Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up on the stylet Hashmasta! Just got a huge thing of JMS Stylet oil, for mites, and PM, (and I hope blight). I figured I've tried everything, but it. Although it says that there is no pre-harvest interval, and even suggests spraying the day before or after harvest on some plants (I'm guessing because it is OMRI, tasteless, and odorless), it goes on to say not to use it on table grapes 2 weeks before harvest? I am like 2 weeks from chop, and the mites seem to be showing up again last minute, (despite a soil drench of AZAMax), and the PM is pretty mild on my Blue Dreams, but I'm scared rot or PM will show up a day or two before chop like my OGs. Does anyone know how late I can use JMS, or if it will harm you if there is left over residue? Should i just rinse the flowers with high PH water the day or night before harvest, or will that help aid in PM-pro contidtions and a way longer dry time that close chop? Maybe a do it 2 or 3 days before? I have tried everything, and it seems like you have to do everything to win this battle...

educate, operate, medicate*

I have tried using the Mite Eradicator mix at the beginning of this thread. So far it actually seems to work! I have used a whole gamit of shit, and this does seem to actually kill them. Suppresses PM too (especially with the sulphur in the epsom in it).

I have used it twice, and today dipped some mited clones. I am keeping a close eye to see if they actually die. I did this before with a plant, and it did seem to kill em. I found dead mites afterward. Can't find live ones- but I don't trust that enough when it comes to mites.

Be sure you get the stuff off, it does burn if you leave drops of it behind.

I also saw it drop flying moths that cruised by as I fogged all my ladies down outside. I blasted em with the hose to rinse the stuff off and blast the mites too. Once dry back inside.

They had gotten into all three stages, so its war. Last flowering got webbed at the end. Not too bad- I had used floramite twice to hold em in check. It didn't stop em, just checked pretty good till the very end.

So now I am not fucking around. And I have a fogger!! Check out the Fogmaster Jr. FUCKEN AWESOME!!!

I cleaned out the whole room/containers with bleach on walls (plastic lined) and floor (concrete). Meantime, they got to the veg. So I then just used the mite eradicator spray on all stages, then 5 days later a P-bomb. Now two days later eradicator again. Tommorrow it will be a fog of floramite. Then an Attain bomb in a couple more days.

I will probably eradicator again after that two or three more times every 3 days, as well as follow up with floramite in 3 weeks, then bomb again and then floramite 2 weeks later.

In the last 2 weeks your only real option spray wise is Dr.Dooright's. They claim it works on mites, and it may have last round- but they sure as fuck didn't vanish by any means. I honestly highly doubt it can kill mites at all.

I'll post back up on the eradicator results. The postings sounded positive to me. I really want to fuckin take em down and out for good and not fight some drawn out war.

Well- verdict is I still found living mites, even on the clones I dipped right in the solution.

Not so good. I had hoped it was the cure all.

Back to floramite.

Fuckin goddamn mites!!

My first minor infestation of spider mites... in my flowering room, with plants 1 week - 8 weeks in. Not a very bad amount, a few here and there on 11 plants, no webs, just 1-2 on a few leaves of each plant as far as I can tell. I have Organocide, seen it mentioned early in the thread but whats everyone's opinion on using it during flowering? Obviously it has the weird fishy smell, from the fish oil, but do you think that will be enough to ruin the flavor of my buds?

Thanks.