What's new

spider mites @2 weeks into flowering????

angel4us

ICMag Donor
thanks atalumas!! i'm not that bad off but thanks though. i know ill never let get this far again.

dachieftan

hey angel:wave:
Sorry to hear about your plight man. I had to deal with those bastards and I learned the best cure is prevention. Now I don't step foot in the room with shoes or clothes that I was wearing outside. You can control the mites populating as quickly by simply lowering your temps and raising your humidity... Considering you are already in flower, I would not put humidity over 55 F as to avoid getting moldy buds. That goes the same for any sprays because you don't want wetness on your buds if you are raising your humidity soap and water is out of the question because you need a lot IME and you could only use a lot during veg. I originally wanted to use predator mites because they reproduce 3x faster than spider mites and when the food source is gone, they all die out or cannibalize. BUT I read that when you switch the 12/12 light cycle they tend to hibernate and go to sleep and are not very effective. Therefore, what worked for me is a combination of spray and bombs. I used the organic end all it claimed to kill eggs in combination with 3x Dr. Doom pyrthyeon bombs set off about 4 days apart (The bombs kill the adults). the bombs cost $10 a peice and the end all cost less than $20. Be sure to cut your exhaust if you use the bombs or else your wasting your $. The best thing about this method is that it was "organic" and it worked for me. I think the mites came from a Chaos clone but I now take every precaution to not let it happen again:mad: You have to go to WAR with those SOB's and if you don't, they win and you lose a crop. Be careful with using that Neem OIL because I read the OIL could potentially provide a blockade from your leaves receiving ample lighting. The best thing for that stuff is to ONLY spray the underside of leaves where the mites live anyway. I hear really good things about that floramite but I personally didn't have the funds for that one. BE VERY CAREFUL when using any spray as to not get any on your buds. What I did is used a paper plate as a barrier to block any potential blowback and sprayed away from the plant. I Hope that helps and I hope you win this war. PM me with what works for you cuz I'm always curious about different methods and knowledge

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Can you put the plants in the shower with a hand held shower head and spray up under the big fan leaves? You can't let the bugs feed you know, while you wait for the mail.

dachieftan

Can you put the plants in the shower with a hand held shower head and spray up under the big fan leaves? You can't let the bugs feed you know, while you wait for the mail.
I don't think that's a very wise decision going into flower Hank. Now if you have personally done this in flower and it worked then I stand corrected. From what I have READ this method works best in veg because there are no buds to worry about. If angel is already 2 weeks into flower, his gals should be crowning anytime now. I don't think it is worth the risk of getting moldy buds IMO. However, experience trumps opinion so lets hear some feedback.

cannaboy

At the first 2 weeks you can use a sulpher burner for 3 weeks solid in the room this is the easy way NO SPRAYING.. but (I would scrap the grow and use uncontaminated clones/seeds) Nextime..

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Vertimec = Avid, I think Floramite is better because unlike Avid, Floramite is an ovacide and kills eggs.

Also Spinosad is said to be not only great for thrips, but effective against mites too. Available at some hardware stores under the Green Light label or Bonide's Capt Jack's Dr Deadbug. It's organic and safe.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
At the first 2 weeks you can use a sulpher burner for 3 weeks solid in the room this is the easy way NO SPRAYING.. but (I would scrap the grow and use uncontaminated clones/seeds) Nextime..

Nah, he should use an electric razor on the soil and hang the plant upside down in his freezer for 19 minutes.

Read the damn thread. He said he has MITES, not powdery mildew. WTF good do you think a burner will do for mites?

Second, scrap a crop over some mites? Only if they were beyond saving, there are so many ways to fix a mite infestation it's silly to toss them out otherwise.

mk6

sorry ive confused u ! they are two weeks in yesterday and with 2-4 day deliverythe floramite will arrive- -hopefully tomorrow or saturday then it will be d-day although i dont think they (the borgs)liked the hurricane that swept through last night!!

glad to hear that... make sure what ever direction you do too not over do it with a bunch of cure alls... just dont over kill and stress-m out... like I said do a 1/2 steanth and apply twice as often
but wait to see how your plants react... forsure the folormite will kill off the mites and aggs, but if you use to many (asorment) products, thay may or may not work well with each other and fuck things up worse... and like Lazy said - sulpher will not do fucking thing to mites.

angel4us

ICMag Donor
thanks dacheiftan - solid advise
and thanks again hank- i could not let them feast so i used some safer insecticidal spay called kills all ? they are just getting some hairs and tiny buds forming on a few - four strains ak 47(serious seeds), power kush(dinafem), boggle gum(bog) and some my gear made from bogglegum and gypsy nirvana very berry special and another crooss of bog by me-called silent green oops i guess thats five strains.
have been defoliating entire grow since little so did it again to get rid of as many as possible and then sprayed . so i hope shock of spraying with another round of defoliation doesnt freak em out??!!
these borgs came in on an seperate venture- valuble leason learned -check all incoming or better yet no perpetual stuff and still just keep things in check!!!!!!

Snypette

Veteran
I'm fighting mites and here is my overall plan. I bombed with dr doom, 5 days later bomb room and whole building room is in. In another 5 days bomb one last time and start using azamax. I believe this will get them under control.
This is the same technique that we are doing also. We bombed with Doktor Doom yesterday and we will be bombing every 5 days. Tonight we add the AzaMax to the waterings. There are no signs of spider mites since the bombing but it's only a matter of time until the eggs hatch. It takes them time to turn into adults and lay eggs so that's why you have to bomb every 5 days.

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
Or you can buy "Safer Soap", it's a "specially designed" insecticidal soap. It's pretty cheap, available at Lowes/HD, and it works. One spray did it for me...I did it twice anyway to be sure.

It's perfectly safe. It drowns the bugs/eggs by making the water "wetter".

Apply it like Mr Greengenes says...make sure you get underneath all the leaves.

Good luck!

lol safer soap is for those that like to spend money. you can do the same thing with a couple of teaspoons of liquid soap and water. thats it. kills mites dead on contact. its so powerful that I dont even spray regularly, I just spray when I see mites/ mite damage.

angel4us

ICMag Donor
thanks,you know c21h3002 your not the first person who said that so i will definetly try it .

cannaboy

Nah, he should use an electric razor on the soil and hang the plant upside down in his freezer for 19 minutes.

Read the damn thread. He said he has MITES, not powdery mildew. WTF good do you think a burner will do for mites?

Second, scrap a crop over some mites? Only if they were beyond saving, there are so many ways to fix a mite infestation it's silly to toss them out otherwise.

Lazy I fully know what you mean if you can save do but the problem gets bad quick as I am sure your aware but bottles of sprays or(NEEM OIL) are more costly than a hotboxsulphume,, and you sit back and blaze up as it stops them eating instantly and breaks the breading cycles of owt, it changes the leaf ph and this works for PM too but It is a WICKED BIT OF KIT the best I own...
I once faced up to mites went at them over 7/7 days spraying (PESTOFF) and brushing all the plants with a makeup brush. one like for pollinating.. It was very satisfying but was not worth it the hotbox worked better in my enviroment at the time and I am an organic grower,, sprays are good but this is worth it for the fact of running it before any crop goes in... as long as the buds are not swelling I'd use it,,,
http://www.hotboxworld.com/
Follow the link and you'll see what good it is .. I'll never have mites again...

Latest posts

Latest posts