What's new

Spider mites, 1 day before the cut, what to do?

T

THCV

i got it at bghydro. it was super expensive, but you use miniscule amounts.

btw, i took down the drying plants and did the final manicure today. on the plants that had mites, all the mites had crawled up to the top (the base of the plants, which were hanging upside down). I just clipped the ends off into a bucket of floramite and that was the last i saw of the mites on my buds.

UNREGISTRD

Thanks THCV...
yea thats the same place go to..There store is going to get remodeld soon thank god. Cant find shit in there..its double sided store so am going one end to the other left and right..gotta ask where every thing is.Hopefully its better next month...
dont see why they dont sell a smaller size..fucking 250$ for a quart...Ill stick to the safer concentrate and dipping them in veg and using the bombs for flower! I cant see spending that much money for that shit..Although id really like to dip my plants in some floramite instead I guess the safer will have to do..

T

THCV

actually, they break it down; i bought 4 oz for $69 (i think, don't have the receipt w me) so it wasn't quite so brutal. The key is it works on all stages of life and sticks around for 28 days. They told me the 4 oz would last for 3 years, and it looks like it will.

UNREGISTRD

THCV said:
actually, they break it down; i bought 4 oz for $69 (i think, don't have the receipt w me) so it wasn't quite so brutal. The key is it works on all stages of life and sticks around for 28 days. They told me the 4 oz would last for 3 years, and it looks like it will.

Hell ya im down with that for sure! Ill pay that..Do u go to the pasadena location or the la location? Ive never seen Floramite before I guess ill be asking??

coolx

Hey THCV - yep, bought floramite from the same shop - bghydro - great that they break it down - $70 for 4 oz, though you can get it online for $250 liter ..... maybe i know you?!

Anyway, it worked great .... had bad mites first grow - tried lots of things that didn't work, this grow, ever since I sprayed 3 mos ago - nothing ... I sprayed em again about 2 weeks into flower - that'll take 'em into 6-7 weeks ..... seen not a single mite since.

coolx

call 'em first to see if they have any in stock - when I first talked to them, they were waiting on an order -took a week - I think they get it just once in a while - was there today, but didn't think about asking .... sorry. .. oh and fyi the pas loc is closed for a week fr. the 24th.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
The plants will be fine but hold still dude theres all these cobwebs all over your face.

meditator-790204.jpg

growfosho1

Nice Thats what i want to hear...Now Where did u get the FLORAMITE?? And how much is it??

If you are a regular at your local grow shop... just ask on the low and i'm sure the guy will pull out a little vile out from under the counter..:joint:
That's what I did.. :yeahthats

ok, ya'll. today i looked at some infested leaves under the scope and all of the mites are totally dead. so the floramite did its job, and i can recommend it. The plants all look great, no worse for the wear aside from some dimpled leaves on 3. up next: the bomb.

Do NOT use this stuff :noway:

Approved only for use on ornamentals- not approved for food or otherwise human-consumed crops. :wallbash:

If you smoke those buds. You smoke poison

On flowering plants you need some pyrethrum based pesticide
Like those used on eatable plants/Crobs as they work instantly and breakdown within 3-10 days

The one i use are called Fastac 50 made by BASF and contains Alphacypermetrin (A chemical form of pyrethrum)
Beware - This stuff are not easy to get hold on as you proberbly need a licence :joint:

THC123

Veteran
no of course not , but it will rid this harvest of most mites

to get rid of mites i always use bac plant vitality plus and it works perfectly

THC123

Veteran
np

i do have to mention to use it well , i know someone who still had mites , but he has back problems and didn't spray every leaf bottom and top.

It's real important to spray every leaf anbd especially the bottom side.

You can also treat your medium

PVP is non toxic and safe , just don't spray on buds(i mean you could but that idea makes me puke)

cheers mate have a good weekend

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
before harvest jsut use your vacuum cleaner

Bang on bro good shout:yes:. i was hope someone would say this and it only took 3 pages lol,,,,

dont spray anything on ya bud/in your soil this far on....man you will smoke that shit and grow a ear right in the middle of ya forehead,,,,maybe not today, maybe not tommorow,,,but 1 day you will wake up with a lug on your nut:yoinks::abduct:.....

cut them down put them in a dark room haging upside down,,,,,the mites will crawl to the top part of the plant (where you cut it down at the stem) and soon leave,,,thay dont hang around on dead plants...

ps.... after the hoover get some lady bugs in there...thay will eat alot in a week.......it wont solve it but at this stage its damage control....

keep it green
highlander

dont spary neem more than 2 weeks from harvest it leaves a nasty smell and oily residue it wont hurt you but take a whiff of some neem and ask yourself if you want to smoke that. i have sprayed a week or two from harvest but only with spinosad as it leaves no tell tale oder or residue. pyrethrum also is gone quicker than neem. i like neem in veg and early in flower but thats it.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have had the same problem a few times and the best solution i have found is tobacco.

Turn off extraction and burn two ciggies worth of backy for each cubic metre , leave for an hour and fans back on.

Or spray a solution of tobacco extract with a dash of wetting agent all over and wash off when dried.

Whichever way the nicotine is the killing agent and they cannot build up resistance to it , as most people mix tobacco and weed to smoke it seems safeto me.

Nicotine was one of few insecticides available till post war and only disapeared from use due to safety concerns for the people spraying it , lethal nerve agent absorbed through the skin and there were deaths.
Perfectly safe at low levels and diluted and does not taint the buds like neem oil most definately does in late flower , its also the cheapest effective option.