What's new

Spider mite prevention. Your organic method?

rrog

Veteran
Not to slice and dice this topic too much, but is there a better lavender? My wife was wanting "Russian" lavender. French Lavender was mentioned earlier. I would guess they're all the same?

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i use 5 different lavenders, and rotate between them.

french, english, spanish, fern leaf and munstead. the fern leaf is not cold hardy. but imo it is the best. grows crazy fast, gives amazing yields of blooms compared to the others(ive gotten up to 8 harvests in one season). and its easy to propagate to overwinter a few cuttings.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i use 5 different lavenders, and rotate between them.

french, english, spanish, fern leaf and munstead. the fern leaf is not cold hardy. but imo it is the best. grows crazy fast, gives amazing yields of blooms compared to the others(ive gotten up to 8 harvests in one season). and its easy to propagate to overwinter a few cuttings.

rrog

Veteran
I can't see how other forums survive with the quality of information found on this forum. I find I stay glued to the Organic Soil forum all day long.

T

tuinman

I can't see how other forums survive with the quality of information found on this forum. I find I stay glued to the Organic Soil forum all day long.

From what I've seen there are a lot of remixed posts from here, collated into a more user-friendly format (as in, not having to pick through a massive thread to get everything). This forum gets around. :whistling:

rrog

Veteran
I really like MadL's Bokashi thead, as it puts all the good stuff in an index in the first post. You're right about having to read through tomes to gt all the nitty gritty. But it's all here

T

tuinman

Definitely. I started using XMind when I read and re-read these posts, the ability to drag 'n drop chunks of text is really bloody helpful.