What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider miles in week 4 of flower in 9 week strain

Spaventa

Veteran
I have a new strategy I will try next time I get them. I haven't had any for more than 3 years so odds are I will have a chance to test it sooner or later.

I would create a decoy, or sacrificial grow in a small tent adjacent to my grow tents.
In it I would just perpetual veg a single plant. I would keep the humidity really low in there.

If I got mites, I would dial up the humidity in the grow tents and open the flaps so the bastards refugee terrorists could flood into the decoy tent for asylum. George Soros might even help.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i'm 3 weeks from harvest n just released 500 ladybugs in my tent 6days ago- not sure how many still alive, tho i do see some flyin/walking. i see no webbin, tho do see the dreaded spots on the leaves- i have cut some damaged leaves and examined under a scope n do see a few bastards still alive... tho not tooo many... i'm hoping to keep em at bay, and then i'll nuke the bastards... and they are bastards

Plenty of ways to take care of the issue without harming the plants, smoke, or people consuming the smoke...

Green Cleaner, Nuke Em, PFR-97, are some of the ones that come to mind. A combination of green cleaner or Nuke Em with PFR-97 will annihilate them.

Make sure your environment isn't their ideal environment for their reproduction.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Predators take time to order and even more time to become established. They are better applied at early stages of infestation and not mid flower.

DE will hardly effect the leaf underside.

If you are seeing damage top to bottom, you're not far off from writing off the whole crop.

Spray the BBG twice at 15-20ml per litre, three days apart. Intense lighting may cause burn (as will too many sprays).

Spray clean water twice, very heavily, in the following week.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
good luck getting those mites with whatever u can!

on the side here I was attacked by a new Flea.

yes..sticktight fleas.

i had trapped out some rats because of cold temps here they got in digging under a wall and nested by the grow area,

IT HAS BEEN A NEW INSECT EXPERIENCE WITH THESE RARE FLEAS.

not quite over yet but after using D.E. borax s methoprine Nyguard Neem oil IGR'S.. etc..etc.. washing clothes 2 times day with bedding once a day it has been a long MONTH.

I have never..never had fleas like this even when i had pets!

stim

OP how did you get the mites? personally I'm not praying anything on my buds or smoking bug shit ewww I would just figure out how they got there and reboot my grow.

Wendull C.

Veteran
How bad is your infestation? How long have you been able to see leaf stipling? All this " your crop is doomed" shit is crazy. Maybe if they have gotten as far as in that video, yes. But not for sure.

Wendull C.

Veteran
The grower that ran that room in that video mustve been bed ridden to let them get that bad. That takes weeks or more to web tops like that.

PDX Dopesmoker

I got spider mites on a Jillybean at something like 4 weeks of flower a couple years ago and sprayed with weak diluted cannabis tincture and it did the trick, wiped out the bugs completely in two sprays. I harvested at 10 weeks and smoked the whole plant lived to tell the tale. I think its the alcohol that actually does the killing.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
So the plants didn't mind the alcohol. That interesting. Something I wondered about actually.
I've used an ounce of 91% iso per gallon and rid vegging plants quite easily. Iso causes accumulative tissue damage, so ventilation is a concern. Cheaper than safer's soap and just as effective, when used to break the breeding cycle. (Every 3 days for 15 days)

No, not recommended for flower at all.

PDX Dopesmoker

Wow that little alcohol in a gallon works? I think I used about 1/3 or so Everclear tincture mixed with water when I sprayed.

Safe Gardener

Again, I want to thank all the contributors to this thread. There are plenty of threads about spider mites, but it seems each infestation has it's own problems to deal with.

At some but not all suggestion I'm taking a two pronged approach. First I'm spraying bug b gon a few times through week 5 and 6 and will be dusting with DE a few times in that same time period. Durring week 7-8 I'll give a couple water only sprays, after harvest I'll also be doing a 4-5 bucket bud cleaning process that will remove any possible residue left from the bug b gon and DE treatments.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow that little alcohol in a gallon works? I think I used about 1/3 or so Everclear tincture mixed with water when I sprayed.

Avinash uses it to very good effect, you might look in on his results.

I have been meaning to try but am slow to change sometimes.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I use alcohol to clean my hands sometimes. Great solvent. The idea of no residual sounds good, but my concern is the plant getting stripped.

Spaventa

Veteran
I use alcohol to clean my hands sometimes. Great solvent. The idea of no residual sounds good, but my concern is the plant getting stripped.

Im going to experiment with this one day - stripping a living flowering plant of its resin with a quick alcohol dip followed by water dip, 3 seconds total for both dips. I want to see if-

1.the plant dies or hermis
2.howmuch resin i get off
3.if the plant replaces the resin
4.if this delays the onset of senescence

The reason Im interested is because I read that the only resin that has THC in it is the newest that has accumulated in the last few days. by this theory, the plant could be stripped with alcohol a week before harvest and a week later it would have as much THC bearing resin as it ever did. So the buds are just as good AND you have a load of extract that would have degraded had it been left on the plant under the lights another week.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
"Stripped" might have been a bit strong for what I was thinking. Maybe it would have been better worded - causing degradation. Just a thought or concern about using ISO. (not trying to be a stone thrower) If it could be used harmlesly on flowering plants, it would be great.

Latest posts

Latest posts