What's new

spider farmer 2000

bigpeter

Been growing under leds for a few years now but the lamps I was using had poor quality epistars. Some of the individual leds blew, I replaced them but I was convinced the output had dropped. I've been looking at these SF2000 for a while and finally bit the bullet and bought one. It is very bright compared to my blurple 125 watt lamps. I have a 1.5 x 3.5 foot growing area which I grow 1 plant in a scrog style. My best harvest was 7 ounces under 2 x 125 watt multi spectrum prasaka. I'm currently in week 3 using my SF2000.

bigpeter

picture.php
picture.php

aliceklar

Nice! I just got a SF1000 for my 1.5' x 2.5' space and am about to go into flower, so will be watching your progress with interest :)

Started off with a 50w fecida cob led and an unbranded cob - which was OK for veg - but reckoned i needed something a bit gutsier for flower. So far am really impressed with the light intensity (for only 100w power draw its pretty incredible), and the light itself was v cheap on ebay.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks good. Our TSL2000 get extra alluminum hood to strengthen the coverage and penetration. Maybe you could have a look at it if there is any interest. https://bit.ly/2T2HFWb

Since leds tend to focus straight down ~ 30*s max spread, please provide independent lab test data to PROVE that your hood adds anything significant, other than cost and BS

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Subbed, I just bought a spider farmer sf-2000 on Amazon.

Me too. :good:

Will be my new veg light.

May consider adding another for flowering. 2 of them in a 4x4 tent sounds good .

Maybe a bigger light from Mars Hydro when they switch to Samsung chips???

Looking good bigpeter.:lurk:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor

May consider adding another for flowering. 2 of them in a 4x4 tent sounds good .

It will be updated to samsung soon. The plan was delayed by the coronavirus.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Instead of another light, consider getting 2-3 flowering bars: one in the center and one on each side should be Da Bomb

hth

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Since leds tend to focus straight down ~ 30*s max spread, please provide independent lab test data to PROVE that your hood adds anything significant, other than cost and BS

forget about getting a reply from the 'man-on mars'.... he doesn't answer questions about build/etc... still touts a '3' year warr...

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Instead of anothre light, consider getting 2-3 flowering bars: one in the center and one on each side should be Da Bomb
hth

New to LED's.

TBH, never thought about buying one. Always believed they were inferior and over priced.

Electric bills going up up up. Tired of that. I figure this will work for veg , if nothing else.
If I can add another,(or bars) for flower and get decent results, I'll lock away my hps and mh lights.

Your positive words about the sf 2000 helped me choose it sooo.... what do you recommend for bars?

Not interested in spending a fortune.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a 5 year old 360w actual at work. Back then 660s weren't very good. Today's diodes are probably a full quantum level above these

When this dies I would likely get 2 SF 2000s and add a bloom bar in between the 2 boards. I could also do that in between the bars

View attachment 523211

View attachment 523212

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Got the sf4000...
Cant decide if I want one more or 2 mars sp250s for the other table in the room. Im kinda leanin toward another spider farmer tho cuz they got the samsung chips. Mars said they will be upgrading to samsung chips soon too, i wonder what that will do to thw price tho.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php