What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spice Brothers - A11 (F2)

A.N.Other

thanks trichwatcher and big bang. i will be interested to see what you think of the joey w a11s as i have a couple that were gifted to run against my favourite from sb stock. i have a couple of heavily pruned for cuts ladies/stumps in flower now which won't tell me much but will give me an opportunity to try the smoke.

the a11 seems to be the first jar i reach for more and more often, that and the satori i have stashed gives me two variations of clear, creative, cerebral day time weed that i would recomend to anyone. :wave:

A.N.Other

the satori is perhaps a deeper, more cerebral high, it is great fun with friends,particularly the bat but it's not party weed. if you were partying, or kicking a hacky sack around i'd say choose the a11, if you were going to be rapping with some literate mates then i'd probably reach for the satori jar. i guess it's difficult to explain without resorting to analogy, the satori is a deep, thought inspiring novel, the a11 is witty, live poetry.

the flavours on the other hand, deviating slightly from your express question, make them fairly opposite if we're looking at a kind of flavour spectrum. the a11 is fruity sweet whereas the satori is spice and pine with a hint of pepper mint but totally lacking any fruity sweetness. again analogy is my friend. the a11 is an over ripe sour apple or grapefruit (pheno dependant) and the satori is a spicey nut.

and the a11 makes you make rambling posts. :D :yes:

B

BeAn

Did someone say bad reputation?? :chin:

Lol..

^^Fruity male.. :yummy:

^^A11 on the right.. :joint:

Great pics everyone, great thread ANO...

A.N.Other

ola bean, always nice to see you man, i guess just another one of those internet bad blood scenarios with the rep, i try my hardest not to get involved with the politics of the cannabis world so the ins and outs i do not know (and wouldn't want to stir up!). if the beans walk the walk i don't care if the breeder talks the talk. hehe.

that boy looks great bean :yes: how much variation have you found amongst your beans?

i've been smoking on the two jw cuts, one is very very close to the current spice bros one reported on is this thread in terms of taste and aroma but the high has a touch more edginess. the second is largely similar in taste and aroma but has a more balanced high than the spice bros one. there is still the summer day in a jar vibe going on but this one has a touch of stone to it as well so maybe one for a comfy deck chair in the garden! hehe. i think the balanced jw will stay but the edgy one adds nothing to the sb example so i think it will go.

sb pre mum, once cuts are taking she will bush out more, at the moment she is developing the first bowl shape:

jw pre mum:

early flowering jw a11:

i hope all the a11 fans out there are safe happy and high! :wave:

G

A.N.Other...thank you for this report.I was gifted some Ap11 f2s from original Grimm brothers stock.Mine are all(six) very, very, sativa like.All leaves are very thin.Thx for the additional info.

B

BeAn

A.N.Other said:
ola bean, always nice to see you man, i guess just another one of those internet bad blood scenarios with the rep, i try my hardest not to get involved with the politics of the cannabis world so the ins and outs i do not know (and wouldn't want to stir up!). if the beans walk the walk i don't care if the breeder talks the talk. hehe.

that boy looks great bean :yes: how much variation have you found amongst your beans?

i've been smoking on the two jw cuts, one is very very close to the current spice bros one reported on is this thread in terms of taste and aroma but the high has a touch more edginess. the second is largely similar in taste and aroma but has a more balanced high than the spice bros one. there is still the summer day in a jar vibe going on but this one has a touch of stone to it as well so maybe one for a comfy deck chair in the garden! hehe. i think the balanced jw will stay but the edgy one adds nothing to the sb example so i think it will go.

sb pre mum, once cuts are taking she will bush out more, at the moment she is developing the first bowl shape:

jw pre mum:

early flowering jw a11:

i hope all the a11 fans out there are safe happy and high! :wave:

Do you know what, there isnt much yet...but this isnt strictly an F2, its most likely an F4 or somthing...because Princess and Genius are from the same mother, i think anyway lol.. :chin:

Im sure some differences will show later in the cycle, there will be differing flower traits..like you said, in veg they're very similar. They look great, i love the structure..(espiecialy your cuts there...the leaves look deadly.) :lurk:

Be safe..:rasta:

P.s. Whats a JW lol.. :pointlaug

Last edited:

A.N.Other

hola bean, beautiful plants bros, same wicked serration as your male and indeed my examples, must be fairly common trait. the princess genius thing, that's where i was going. also given that the original beans came from a bag all of the keepers could easily have been the result of a 1 x 1 cross in the very first place, princess and genius in which case could be very similar, in phenotype and genotype. have you or does anyone seen any archive reports on the actual details in terms of similarities and difference between the original sensi smile mr soul keepers?

i know you know this but may as well post it for reference. as this is an a11 thread and we should have some heritage information!

MrSoul said:
P.50 = Princess/(ShivaSkunk/Princess'Brother)
P.75 = Princess/P.50
Cinderella 88 = Princess/P.75
Cinderella 99 = Princess/Cinderella 88
Each generation exhibited a MAJOR jump in potency: P.50 was rather mellow, P.75 has a well-balanced body/mind high with a citrus flavour, Cinderella 88 is cerebral & paralyzing with a tropical fruit flavour, and Cinderella 99 is "TRIP WEED" with more of the fruity flavour and speedy effect from Princess

and then

A11 = Cinderella 99/Genius

just smoked some and loving the buzz, rainy days in the summer made bright.

btw jw stands for joey weed.

Jetzoid

Just found this. Beautiful grow and top notch report. Those are some of the most deeply serrated leaves I've ever seen.

G

ANother,

What was your lighting?

How long did you veg?

What was your yield and how many plants did you have? (Yield per plant)

A.N.Other

thanks jetzoid :D

ola smelltheflowers, some details of grow spec:

medium -
soiless, JI + perlite + worm casts

pot size -
start in 10cm, veg to 12" in 6", finished in 8".

style -
lazy SOG, mild lower branch pruning to encourage single colas.

lighting -
30wpsf flo @ seed
~50wpsf mixed spectrum HID @ veg
50 + wpsf HPS @flower

nutes -
biobizz grow/bloom, rhizotonic, cannazyme, PK1314.

i generally start a pack or two to see what a strain is all about but these didn't have much of reputation so i didn't want to waste space so they have been run as space fills, three, four, five at a time, been through a few now though. they veg real quick and to keep them in line with the rest of the canopy i have only been giving them three weeks of veg from germ of the seed and the cuts i am running now pretty much root, have week to settle in then they go.

don't really do weight but most plants yielded around average, i haven't (still!) got these running right on par so i reckon that could be pushed up, i have seen some great yielding examples on here.

off to nurse a hangover.

G

Could you help me estimate my yield?

I know its difficult to say really, but just an estimate guess, I will be as descriptive as possible.

I want to get a 400 watt HPS and veg them for 2 to 3 months using the LST method. I will then flower for 2 to 2.5 months. I will put 4 clones under the 400 watt HPS in a 3x3 footprint and then veg/flower as mentioned above. The ambient temps are 70 degrees F, humidity will be kept in control around 30-40%. I will be using soil, probably ocean forest by fox farm. Havn't decided on nutrients yet but probably a liquid organic bottled. And RO water. No CO2 enrichment.

Strain: apollo 11 f2

I am aiming for .5 grams per watt, so 200 grams. Does this sound reasonable with 4 plants under 400 watts veg'd for 2-3 months?

V

vonforne

Von

Last edited:
V

vonforne

Last edited:
G

Hmm, don't you think it might be possible we're two different people? Smelltheflowers is a fairly common term...

V

vonforne

V

Last edited:
V

vonforne

Last edited:
G

Same questions?

Im asking about a 400 watt light's yield and the strain apollo 11. Apollo 11 is popular. These are grow sites.. of course I will ask about a 400 watt yield... 400 watt is a very common light... especially on a grow site?

I think you are being a bit immature and need to leave me be, rather than trying to stir trouble.

And have you ever heard the term stop and smell the flowers? You really don't think it's possible that I could be someone else with the same name?

Im not going to argue with you anymore but I'd like you to stop and just allow another to answer my questions

V

vonforne

V

Last edited: