What's new

Spelling or OCD??

Tarkus

Mother Nature's Son
Veteran
Feyd said:
Or the fucking alternative caps, it doesn't make sense to put forth more effort than you need to in order to make yourself look like an asshole.

I hate this so much. Pisses me off when girls do it, really pisses me off when guys do it....just seems very middle schoolish to me.

I love proper spelling and grammar. I don't always practice it, but periodically I will go through serious phases of OCD. Gets to the point where I don't even like reading stuff that has a bunch of misspellings, or the occasional capital letter.

kmk420kali said:
And much respect to you!! My intent in this thread was not to make anyone feel bad about their spelling...it was just a lighthearted look at my own idiosyncrasies, and wondering how many others have things about their own posting that they are anal about-- Not intended to put down anybody else, just taking a quick laugh at my own self, and maybe help a few others do the same--
Peace--Jim :rasta:

No probs, no offence was taken. I just felt that the topic started to drift towards how anoying it is that other poster make errors. Tought an early reminder was in place. :pimp3:

rollinfatty

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
15, almost 20 years ago you would hardly ever see anyone spell "A Lot" as alot. (You wouldn't spell it "Alittle" would you?)

Way back then you hardly ever saw anyone using the word Loose, when they really meant Lose (As in a card game).

That was waaaaay back before AOL was connected to the internet though. (Yep...... back in the good old days, AOL users could only clog up the AOL network. They were all connected to each other.)

These days I see those typos every day instead of once every 6 months or so. Usually several times a day and often many times on the same page of posts. :(

I have Asperger's Syndrome and typos jump out at me like 50,000Watt neon signs. Glack!

I try not to get obsessive about it though. I'd say I have pretty good control and only correct my own and my family's grammar and spelling. LOL!

***EDIT*** Of course, waaaaay back then we used our belts as kids to hold our pants from falling down around our knees. Not like today's posers. The psychological profile that would get sucked into a fad like that is pretty funny. ***EDIT***

Last edited: