What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Specs for the New Grow Room

Fixer

Thanks Palindrome, I'm putting the finish coats on today. Then I'm going to smoke a fatty and start my first photo period seeds.

madalasatori

Veteran
If you grow weed as well as you build grow rooms then we’re in for a treat!

Can’t wait to see it illuminated. There’s something about an empty pristine grow room all lit up waiting for the main ingredient

Fixer

If you grow weed as well as you build grow rooms then we’re in for a treat!

Can’t wait to see it illuminated. There’s something about an empty pristine grow room all lit up waiting for the main ingredient

Hello madalasatori, Thanks for the vibe! We'll see on the growing skills. Up to this point I've been an auto-flower closet grower so photoperiod plants are new to me. But I'm gonna try like hell. Stop in and give me some pointers. :tiphat:

Fixer

Todays work below. :)

Attachments

• IMG-2500.jpg
    IMG-2500.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-2501.jpg
    IMG-2501.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-2503.jpg
    IMG-2503.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-2502.jpg
    IMG-2502.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 26

Fixer

Carpentry and painting finished.

:woohoo:

Attachments

• IMG_2520.jpg
    IMG_2520.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2521.jpg
    IMG_2521.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2519.jpg
    IMG_2519.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2518.jpg
    IMG_2518.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2517.jpg
    IMG_2517.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 27

Fixer

Hello [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]madalasatori, Thanks for stopping by. I haven't said anything about the window. I just filled it with an air conditioner/heater. I'm going to fill the top sash and sides of the ac/heat pump with a chunk of plywood to block the light and insulate the window. I've added a pic below. :tiphat:
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Electric finished. Humidifier and heat pump installed. Final plumbing and hanging lights this week.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:dance013:
[/FONT]

Attachments

• IMG_2530.jpg
    IMG_2530.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2529.jpg
    IMG_2529.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2528.jpg
    IMG_2528.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2527.jpg
    IMG_2527.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 25

Fixer

Seeds are going into a warm damp baggie.

Attachments

• 59216551564__0CDDADB9-BF8F-4416-8E5F-25667F8CC354.jpg
    59216551564__0CDDADB9-BF8F-4416-8E5F-25667F8CC354.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 25

Fixer

Lots of bits and pieces to pull together. I have a lot of old lights than I have to buy bulbs for. However I have enough light to start my seeds so all is good.

Attachments

• IMG_2564.jpg
    IMG_2564.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2563.jpg
    IMG_2563.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2559.jpg
    IMG_2559.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 27

BuzzBob56

Been following along for quite some time. I am awestruck! I wish I had 1/4 your skill at setting your space...

Totally looking forward to your Grows!

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lots of bits and pieces to pull together. I have a lot of old lights than I have to buy bulbs for. However I have enough light to start my seeds so all is good.

Doing a great job fixer will be good when you are rewarded back with lots of quality flowers :tiphat::good::peek:

Fixer

Hi BuzzBob56 & Darksider, Thanks for the props! I'm excited to get some plants into my project. At this point I can only grow 6 mature plants and 12 immature plants due to state regs. Any advice of the biggest yielding fastest growing strains? I've been reading but there's a lot out there. :tiphat:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi BuzzBob56 & Darksider, Thanks for the props! I'm excited to get some plants into my project. At this point I can only grow 6 mature plants and 12 immature plants due to state regs. Any advice of the biggest yielding fastest growing strains? I've been reading but there's a lot out there. :tiphat:

Far to many answers on biggest yielding fastest strains but im sure you will pick the right one which suits your needs good luck.:good:

Fixer

Thanks Darksider, You're right I'll find something to grow. I've got 7 seedlings started I'll see where I get with them.

Attachments

• IMG_2609.jpg
    IMG_2609.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 28

Fixer

So I propped up my fallen soldier and It's still growing like crazy. The stem at the injury looks shriveled up so I've covered it in coco and applied rooting hormone above the injury. I'm hoping the seedling will grow roots above where the stem folded and I'll be able to bury it deep enough to support it's weight. Wish me luck. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2625.jpg
    IMG_2625.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2624.jpg
    IMG_2624.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Yeah that bent one should turn out okay. I think good idea with the rooting hormone and burying a little deeper, pretty much guarantees another set of roots will pop, which should help support it. It looks like there is water draining out the bottom of the cups? Might slow down on watering them, I always have issues overwatering as seedlings, but I might just be bad at that part :D

BuzzBob56

So I propped up my fallen soldier and It's still growing like crazy. The stem at the injury looks shriveled up so I've covered it in coco and applied rooting hormone above the injury. I'm hoping the seedling will grow roots above where the stem folded and I'll be able to bury it deep enough to support it's weight. Wish me luck. :)

Your li'l one looks to have a fighting chance!! I'm cheering for her! :comfort:

Fixer

Yeah that bent one should turn out okay. I think good idea with the rooting hormone and burying a little deeper, pretty much guarantees another set of roots will pop, which should help support it. It looks like there is water draining out the bottom of the cups? Might slow down on watering them, I always have issues over watering as seedlings, but I might just be bad at that part :D

I'm trying to heed your warning on the over watering. I was beginning to worry when the tall seedling fell over. The seedlings are in rockwool cubes in the dirt. I've never had an Issue over watering rockwool. My DWC top feed system runs four times a day for 15 minutes and the rockwool stays dry enough that I've never lost a plant to that particular issue. I've also been trying to flush the soil as I mistakenly purchased soil that is hot. :bashhead: