What's new

Specs for the New Grow Room

Dandelo

Thanks Dandelo, do you know why they try to grow so far up the stem?

no idea, probably something to do with hormones or humidity ect. I checked all my plants and a majority are the same, it is weird but I think it is a sign of a healthy plant.

Fixer

Great build! The extension poles are fuckin genius, mind if I steal that idea for my build?

Sub'd, looking good and getting better every post

Thanks Camdawg, Steal away! If there's a Harbor Freight near you they sell a less expensive version. :tiphat:

Fixer

no idea, probably something to do with hormones or humidity ect. I checked all my plants and a majority are the same, it is weird but I think it is a sign of a healthy plant.

I just re-potted some leggy seedlings up to their neck and expect them to grow roots on their stems. Interesting that 10 week old plant trys to sprout them. They look like little bubbles now. :artist:

Fixer

I've got to start getting multiple layers of trellis netting up. I've got all sorts of lower branches that are too short to reach the net and too weak to stand on their own. The Master Kush is showing small flowers. The KLP I grew sideways didn't yield as well as her two upright sisters. It will be interesting to see how the sideways MK does. :chin:

Attachments

• IMG_4389.jpg
    IMG_4389.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4366.jpg
    IMG_4366.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4390.jpg
    IMG_4390.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 62501497968__12A54EC6-6BC2-4F85-9FF4-03DDB42508C1.jpg
    62501497968__12A54EC6-6BC2-4F85-9FF4-03DDB42508C1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 62501448193__A461937C-4D90-4D47-80CD-F93422698240.jpg
    62501448193__A461937C-4D90-4D47-80CD-F93422698240.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4388.jpg
    IMG_4388.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4391.jpg
    IMG_4391.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 37

Camdawg

I've got to start getting multiple layers of trellis netting up. I've got all sorts of lower branches that are too short to reach the net and too weak to stand on their own. The Master Kush is showing small flowers. The KLP I grew sideways didn't yield as well as her two upright sisters. It will be interesting to see how the sideways MK does. :chin:

Two layers of trellis is the way to go, hell I've heard good things about three but can't speak from any experience. Lower layer for training, above for bud support. For me anything that doesn't reach the lower trellis gets cut off in week 2ish of flower, although I try to prune/clone off anything I don't think has a chance of making it to canopy prior to flip.

I dig your setup, very clean work. The Topsy turvy plant is an interesting idea but I have to wonder if it's more or less effective than heavy weaving through a trellis. I feel like the plant would have to put more energy into turning it's whole self towards the light vs turning just it's leaves and tips.

Fixer

Two layers of trellis is the way to go, hell I've heard good things about three but can't speak from any experience. Lower layer for training, above for bud support. For me anything that doesn't reach the lower trellis gets cut off in week 2ish of flower, although I try to prune/clone off anything I don't think has a chance of making it to canopy prior to flip.

I dig your setup, very clean work. The Topsy turvy plant is an interesting idea but I have to wonder if it's more or less effective than heavy weaving through a trellis. I feel like the plant would have to put more energy into turning it's whole self towards the light vs turning just it's leaves and tips.

Thanks man! I'm trying to get the hang of pruning the lower branches. I've got way too much going on under the three KLPs. I've pushed the Master Kush plants down to get them away from the light. I have 7' of headroom and 1000W DE HPS fixtures I was gifted. I'm replacing the HPS with two more LED panels. :tiphat:

Camdawg

Thanks man! I'm trying to get the hang of pruning the lower branches. I've got way too much going on under the three KLPs. I've pushed the Master Kush plants down to get them away from the light. I have 7' of headroom and 1000W DE HPS fixtures I was gifted. I'm replacing the HPS with two more LED panels. :tiphat:

One of the guys I work with is ruthless when he removes lowers, I'll be on the other side of the room clipping away small side shoots and he'll walk over and just take the whole branch off and walk away, plants seem to love it and come back in force.

Fixer

Camdawg, I just took some the plants to the salon. :dance:

I cleaned out the side of the table the zKittles were on. I think I'm going to put a couple of Mothers Milk out in their place. I didn't have much luck with the MM under the LEDs. My friend who gave me the strain uses HPS maybe they prefer it. :artist:

Attachments

• IMG_4395.jpg
    IMG_4395.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4399.jpg
    IMG_4399.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 34

Camdawg

Your work is so CLEAN! how do you get your trays so clean with other plants in it still? I like to take mine out and pressure wash them every cycle, I'd like to be able to clean them better more regularly

Fixer

Last edited:

Fixer

So I'm going to guess that the bumps I saw on the trunk of the MK was the beginning of bark. Take a look.

Attachments

• IMG_4412.jpg
    IMG_4412.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4413.jpg
    IMG_4413.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4414.jpg
    IMG_4414.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4410.jpg
    IMG_4410.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4409.jpg
    IMG_4409.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 30

Fixer

Sunset Sherbet under LEDs. The KLP that just came off of this table are huge! They blow away the three that came off of the HPS table two weeks ago. Once I have them dried and trimmed I'll post the weights.

Attachments

• IMG_4406.jpg
    IMG_4406.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4408.jpg
    IMG_4408.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 31

Fixer

I hate staring at this big open space in the table but I've got to separate the harvests. Trimming three weeks in a row is grueling. I don't know how the full timers do it. Hats off! :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_4401.jpg
    IMG_4401.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4403.jpg
    IMG_4403.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 34

Camdawg

I hate staring at this big open space in the table but I've got to separate the harvests. Trimming three weeks in a row is grueling. I don't know how the full timers do it. Hats off! :tiphat:

Adderall and potassium supplements.

What kind of LEDs are you running? Sorry if this was already stated and I've forgotten. I'm about to fire up my kit made HLG550's and kinda excited to see what these new LEDs can do. I've heard that you kinda have to adjust some elements of your grow under LED compared to HPS but I can't seem to find much cold hard facts on the subject. I've heard you should run/can run higher room temps due to the lower leaf temp.....?

Fixer

Adderall and potassium supplements.

What kind of LEDs are you running? Sorry if this was already stated and I've forgotten. I'm about to fire up my kit made HLG550's and kinda excited to see what these new LEDs can do. I've heard that you kinda have to adjust some elements of your grow under LED compared to HPS but I can't seem to find much cold hard facts on the subject. I've heard you should run/can run higher room temps due to the lower leaf temp.....?

I have two Forever Green Indoors Uniformity Pros. They were recommended by a friend who works runs a commercial grow and they tested them against some other brands ( I don't know which.) I'm getting two similar fixtures from an Chinese company Sinowell. They look identical but a lot less expensive. I was looking at the HLG quantum boards but I like the way the folding panels distribute the light.

The only thing I changed was that I began adding Cal/Mg to the modified Lucas Formula I'm feeding everything. The HPS table and the LED table are feed the same formula at the same times every day. I have low ceilings so the HPS is a challenge. The LEDs are out performing the HPS.

Fixer

Just need to give the flood table a final rinse and then I'm putting two over vegged Master Kush out. Zkittles out where the Sunset Sherbet are now in three weeks.

:party:

Attachments

• IMG_4445.jpg
    IMG_4445.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 29

Fixer

I've crossed the plants (not crossbred) in the HPS table to keep them low. The Master Kush just grows whatever I do to it. Mothers Milk is fragile. Every time I touch it I break a branch. I had the same issue in the LED table.

Attachments

• IMG_4441.jpg
    IMG_4441.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4443.jpg
    IMG_4443.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4442.jpg
    IMG_4442.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 30

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
So I'm going to guess that the bumps I saw on the trunk of the MK was the beginning of bark. Take a look.
That looks like lignification to me, the branches will become very stiff and hard to move. It shouldn't hurt the plant any, but it's a sign of older age I think. A lot of the bonsai mothers have stems like that.

Fixer

Hey Agent! How's the Gorilla Glue treating you? Was your outdoor grow successful?

Last edited: