What's new

Specs for the New Grow Room

Fixer

Humidity in my Veg Room has been a problem off and on. I close the door between the two rooms when I check in in the morning. The main dehumidifier is in the Flower Room so the humidity builds up in veg. I've started to see some strange silvery mottling on some of the older leaves so I've borrowed another dehumidifier so see if I can reduce the humidity without driving the temps up too high.

Attachments

• IMG_3611.jpg
    IMG_3611.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3610.jpg
    IMG_3610.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3609.jpg
    IMG_3609.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 20

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Humidity in my Veg Room has been a problem off and on. I close the door between the two rooms when I check in in the morning. The main dehumidifier is in the Flower Room so the humidity builds up in veg. I've started to see some strange silvery mottling on some of the older leaves so I've borrowed another dehumidifier so see if I can reduce the humidity without driving the temps up too high.

Keep an eye on that strange silvery mottling could be a first sign of pm lets hope not other than that it all sounds good :tiphat:

Fixer

Thanks DARKSIDER, I'm keeping the RH at 60% in the veg room. Hopefully I'll be able to control the heat. I don't have any easy way to air condition that room and the main AC is in the Flower Room. I'll spray the plants with sulfur just in case. :thank you:

Fixer

The plants under the 1000W DE Replacement LEDs are looking good. Humidity is under control in the Veg Room. I have a week or two left under the HPS. :woohoo:

Attachments

• IMG_3609.jpg
    IMG_3609.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3618.jpg
    IMG_3618.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3616.jpg
    IMG_3616.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 19
  • BTTC x GSC = back 2 the congo (Ace/Tom hill) x 
girl scout cookie (BCBD)
OUTDOOR
50 ° N pic taken
    BTTC x GSC = back 2 the congo (Ace/Tom hill) x girl scout cookie (BCBD) OUTDOOR 50 ° N pic taken
    60.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3620.jpg
    IMG_3620.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 16

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The plants under the 1000W DE Replacement LEDs are looking good. Humidity is under control in the Veg Room. I have a week or two left under the HPS. :woohoo:

Wish i had rooms like that tons of room looks well fixer glad to see the rh is under control :tiphat:

Fixer

200 square feet of flower and 100 sq ft of veg. It was a dusty basement once. The only negative is the 7 ft ceilings. The person who helped me design it really knows their shit. I'm fortunate to have it to grow in. :dance013:

Fixer

I'm beginning to see what I believe is a Cal/Mg deficiency on the Master Kush I'm growing under the new LEDs. It's about week three and I'm getting yellowing in leaves at the tops of the colas. It's not bad yet so I added a Cal/Mg supplement to the feed. In addition to adding the LEDs I also switched coco brands. I was growing in California Substrates coco but recently switched to Cyco due to availability. According to CS their coco does not require a Cal/Mg supplement and I never used one under HPS. So I don't know if it's the lights or the coco but I'm all ears if anyone has any sage words. :shucks:

Attachments

• IMG_3626.jpg
    IMG_3626.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3623.jpg
    IMG_3623.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3622.jpg
    IMG_3622.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 11

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I’ve never flowered under LEDs but have read plenty of times that ppl have to bump up the Calmag. Cannabis plants love calcium and magnesium and from my experience, it’s pretty hard to over due it with the calmag. I’ve never had any kinda burn from too much CalMag or seen anyone else have any either. LEDs have somewhat of a learning curve from what I hear. That’s the main reason I haven’t switched over from hps. :tiphat:

Also, might be the lights are a little close to the tops. You got a ppfd meter to measure light intensity?

unnamedmike

Lovely and very clean setup, bro. I never used cal-mag until i started using co2, now i know that my plants needed cal-mag way before start using co2. Especially if using RO water like me.
What RH is in the flowering room ?
As vanilla Phoenix already said, a ppfd meter can be very helpful. :tiphat:

Fixer

I’ve never flowered under LEDs but have read plenty of times that ppl have to bump up the Calmag. Cannabis plants love calcium and magnesium and from my experience, it’s pretty hard to over due it with the calmag. I’ve never had any kinda burn from too much CalMag or seen anyone else have any either. LEDs have somewhat of a learning curve from what I hear. That’s the main reason I haven’t switched over from hps. :tiphat:

Also, might be the lights are a little close to the tops. You got a ppfd meter to measure light intensity?

I don't have a ppfd meter. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy something. Any suggestions for an affordable unit? Thanks!

Lovely and very clean setup, bro. I never used cal-mag until i started using co2, now i know that my plants needed cal-mag way before start using co2. Especially if using RO water like me.
What RH is in the flowering room ?
As vanilla Phoenix already said, a ppfd meter can be very helpful.
tiphat.gif

I'm using CO2. Time to get serious about light. The RH is 60% Temp. around 80F. Thank you!

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't have a ppfd meter. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy something. Any suggestions for an affordable unit? Thanks!

I'm using CO2. Time to get serious about light. The RH is 60% Temp. around 80F. Thank you!

Apogee one of the better ones affordable depends what you wanna pay really i would go for the LightScout Quantum Meter but thats just my opinion heard and seen they do well friend of mine swears by his.:tiphat:

Fixer

Thanks DARKSIDER, I'll start reading up on light meters. That website is a great resource.

How about automated feeding? I know PP suggested hand watering but I can only check on the the plants twice a day and I'm feeding four times. I'm using drip steaks and a 400 gph pump but I don't seem to be getting an even distribution of the fluid. All of my tubing is cut to the same length. I'm going to try a 600 gph pump I have kicking around. Anyone use spray emitters or have a better system?

Fixer

Getting close on the HPS table.

Attachments

• IMG_3624.jpg
    IMG_3624.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3621.jpg
    IMG_3621.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3620.jpg
    IMG_3620.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 18

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks DARKSIDER, I'll start reading up on light meters. That website is a great resource.

How about automated feeding? I know PP suggested hand watering but I can only check on the the plants twice a day and I'm feeding four times. I'm using drip steaks and a 400 gph pump but I don't seem to be getting an even distribution of the fluid. All of my tubing is cut to the same length. I'm going to try a 600 gph pump I have kicking around. Anyone use spray emitters or have a better system?

You could perhaps try halo rings or even better make your own, Much cheaper :good:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I had CalMag def (and possibly iron) pretty bad when using Quantum Boards.

LED grows definitely require more Cal and Mg. Once applied I could hang the lights pretty close to the canopy without them draining out their colour.

Once it’s rectified you’ll probably do fine. That’s what I found at least, all other elements being equal.

Fixer

Thanks, DARKSIDER, I was looking at the halo rings. I think I need something that controls the water flow very specifically. Time to search the forums.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello Kalbhairav, I'm hitting the plants with 5ml/gal of SensiCal. Did your fan leaves recover a all once you started feeding Mg/Cal?
[/FONT]

Fixer

Pics of my deficiencies;

This is the Master Kush plant I'm having Mg/Cal issues with.

picture.php

picture.php

This what we're calling Icarus. It's a Snowball, Donkey Butter cross. I thought it was foxtailing because of the 1000W DE HPS lights I was running at max. This crop has been under 750W of light the whole grow and I'm still getting loose buds and foxtails. I'm going to go one more week to see if the buds fill in.

picture.php

picture.php

Fixer

Biding my time flushing the six Icarus under HPS and waiting to see if the MG/Cal supplement works on the MK under the LEDs. :chin:

Fixer

:party:

Attachments

• IMG_3671.jpg
    IMG_3671.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3672.jpg
    IMG_3672.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3667.jpg
    IMG_3667.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 25

Fixer

I'm going to begin taking down the six Icarus this evening. It's going to be nice to get into a three plant at a time cycle. Trimming six plants at once is too much. :dance013: