What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spacecadet does D.I.Y Jiffy plugs

spacecadet

hey bounty they they do work well but i hate to say this but i took some cutts 3 weeks ago and had 99% failure not sure what happened but they all wiled at the steams and fell over for 2 rooted out of 8 cutts and anouter thing i did was trued them upside down thats way the flat end is down so now they dont fall over

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Sorry I didn't mention, that pic was from seed. What did you do about the moisture of the plugs while waiting for those cuts to root? With such a small amount of coco it'll dry out very quickly, and if it's not kept at a constant moisture level you'll definitely have poor success rates. I've found a wick solution to be the best for this problem.

I clone in vermiculite, very pleased with the results, though I'm sure coco used in the same way would have a very similar outcome. I don't like domes, check out the link in my sig for more info on how I found success cloning.

Last edited:

spacecadet

bounty i used per lite for cloning my self with a home made wick cloner but my problem was when it rooted and i place it in the pots i lost a few to shock so i went with this method and no loner had sock problems but now my failer rate is way up and not sure if it from to much humidity or to much or just weak clones just know they be looking ok in the am and time i got home from work the steams would go mussy and the plant would fall over and die oh hell i for got lol what i did after soaking the plug and placing the stem in i put a moist paper towel under each plug and the place a dome over them and about every 2 days i re wet the paper towels work well last winter now it not working fixing to try iyt again with some nice heathy cutts and see what happens

Brokenrolex

wow this cannabis hobby keeps on growing. im just gettin into cloning, thanks for the info space. nice thread. can i start my clones in coco and when they root can i transplant the coco plugs into soil?

Doobie Nyce

upsetting the setup
ICMag Donor
sweet... my girl has been trying to get me to do homemade plugs for a while.

I've been reluctant... but I like the ice cube tray! I think I'll try it... thanks man!

Graffiti

very nice thread, good simple solution. I'm going to be cloning my big buds soon when they start flowering so I'm looking at different clone techniques. I'll probably be doing something like this if I don't get my shit together and put an ebb and flow together (which i probably won't)

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
bump, this was a nice idea. might try it out myself. have been debating buying some jiffy pellets but homemade ones look better to me lol

Latest posts

Latest posts