What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sowahh grow diary

kro-magnon

Veteran
My plan was to wait until there is pre-flowers before topping the plants but the 2 biggest are quite big already and I wonder if if I should top them now. But if I do it will delay the apparition of the pre-flowers so I don't know how to deal with them right now. Let them get bigger and future monstroplants or delay the sexing?

kro-magnon

Veteran
I've not been able to update this log in a long time as life got a bit complicated those last months but everything is still going strongly.
The plants had to stay in veg for longer than expected making one really huge, I have 3 females and 2 males. They are close to 2 weeks in flo today, 1 girl is in a 30L(7 gal), 1 in a 20L(5 gal) and 1 in 15L(3 gal) as they were not all in the same size of pot in veg I gave them different sized pot for flowering. I set the timer on 11,30/12,30 for the first weeks and will lower to 11/13 around week 4 to be sure the plants are ready under 12 weeks.
The males are in a different space and I'll collect pollen as soon as possible.
My flowering space is really nicely filled with the other plants newt to the Sowahh, I think this session will make a good yield.
I'll take pictures soon.

kro-magnon

Veteran
This is some pics of the 3 Sowahh girls, it's not easy to see where one start and the other finishes as it's a bit crowded in the flo space, I've added a HPS on 250w to get a bit more heat. The plants are at day 12 I think/ The biggest one was a bit neglected because she was growing so much faster than the other I was sure it was a male but I was terribly wrong, so she got a huge pot of 30L and lots of attention lately in hope she'll forgive me.
IMG_20240327_061009.jpg
IMG_20240327_060418.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240327_060240.jpg
    IMG_20240327_060240.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
The plants feel much better in their big pot but the biggest is still struggling to be 100% healthy, she was root bound for a while and she didn't like that at all. The one in the 20L pot is really loving it, she's the one who got bigger since the beginning of flowering. The smallest one of the 3 is looking also. They are at day 20 of flowering, more and more pistils are showing, they are just beginning to form flowers, I can see the difference with the other strains next to them.

Attachments

• IMG20240403031306.jpg
    IMG20240403031306.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 36

kro-magnon

Veteran
The 2 males are under a different lamp, they have some nice bracts of flower but no pollen yet, I hope they will open soon.
Edit: I've seen some pollen on some leaves so it means some flowers have started to open and drop some pollen, I wait a bit to have more flowers opened and I'll collect some to pollinate some buds on the 3 SOWAHH and also the 2 BCP, maybe on the other clones also, it could make some fun crosses.

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
As I don't have another grow diary on this forum I'll post some pics of the other plants I grow with the SOWAHH. Here is a Black Cherry Punch from In House Genetics, a cross of BlackCherry Pie and Purple Punch, she's at day 20 as well in a 15L pot, I kept her apex because she would have been way too small if topped.
IMG20240403031143.jpg

kro-magnon

Veteran
I would like to have some opinions on when to pollinate the Sowahh, usually when I do seeds I apply pollen around day 25 on a selected lower branches to avoid stunting the flower production for the rest of the plant. But those plants have a longer flowering period than typical 9 seekers so maybe I. should apply pollen around day 30/35?
On the other plants I think I'll do as I'm use to do as they all should be done around 9 weeks.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have successfully cloned the Sowahh#1, I have just put in soil 2 clones of this girl, they have been taken a few days before the other so I have to wait a bit more to know if I will have some clones of the other Sowahh, I would like to have at least 1 of each to give them a second run before making a choice for a keeper.
I have also cloned the BCP and I'd really like to have some success with them because those girls have a very different smell than what I'm used to, kind of peppery grape, some unusual terps for me.

kro-magnon

Veteran
It's time for an update, sadly no pictures today as my phone decided to not function anymore and I don't have a camera so for a while I won't be able to show the evolution of the plants which is is infuriating.
In veg I have been able to root each Sowahh, I have 3 Sowahh#1, 2 S#2 and 2 S#3, that will allow me to flower one of each and keep one of each as mother in the same time. I have also cloned the 2 BCP but only 1 of each.
In flowering the plants are at day 27 and I can see some obvious difference of speed in the different Sowahh, the #1 and #3 are almost identical in flower formation with big cluster of pistils and calyxes who start to grow a bit but the #2 is much slower, her flowers are half the size of her sisters so it's clear she will take longer to reach maturity. They all some visible resin glands this is a good sign but so far not much smell, they need a bit more time before they develop a strong odor.
I have taken the pollen from the 2 males and pollinated a few buds of the Sowahh#3 and 2 other clones from my previous run, one who is very indica maybe even a pure one I don't k now exactly her genetic make up but she has super wide leaves, almost no stretch and make some ultra compact buds in 50 days so a cross with some Sour Diesel genes should be interesting.The other one pollinated is a Rocky Melon bag seed, with very narrow leaves, ultra resinous but very small buds of big calyxes forming long but narrow buds in 50 days as well, I hope the SD genes will improve her yield but she'll be able to keep some of her lovely traits, we'll see what come out of this cross that's the fun part of making your own seeds.

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
Update, still no pictures available so I know many people won't read this as most are just browsing the pics. Anyway, the plants are at day 35 today, the timer has been st on 11/13 last week, the Sowahh#1 has really taken some volume in a single, she really developed quickly those last days. She has a dark green but not really shiny, I think her diet is not enough dialed in. The Sowahh#2 is the slowest of the 3 but also the happiest, she has a beautiful dark green and shiny leaves, her flowers are still very small specially compared to her sisters but she is very resinous for the size of her flowers. The Sowahh#3 seems to be the fastest of the 3 and also a bit too pale specially in the new growth, she is also nicely frosted. The smells have exploded in this last week, it is now impossible to not notice the powerful odors of those plants, I don't really have the words to describe what it smells like because they are not yet really done developing but it's very promising.
The plants have more pronounced colors when the light is off, the #1 and #3 looks much better with the light off but they are not fully happy or they'd look like her sister the #2 who shines even with the light on. I don't know if I have to give more nutes or reduce their feedings.
The 2 Black Cherry Punch are looking good, the resin is also abondant on those 2 plants and their leaves are starting to turn purple, first it's the face down and slowly the purple will spread. They smell really good, some berries mixed with white grape juice and a touch of pepper in the background. I finally didn't pollinate any of those girls because I don't think this terp profile would mix really well with the Sour D terp profile.
So far the flowering is going very well, there is still around 5/7 weeks to go before I can cut some Sowahh but I'll be able to harvest some of the clones in 3 weeks.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Time for an update.Still no pictures but I will have a new phone soon so I'll be able to show the last weeks of the Sowahh.
They are at day 42 and during the last week things evolved rapidly. The Sowahh#1 has taken a lot of volume, her buds are looking really good but she is still covered of white pistils at this stage of course. The resin is more and more present also and her smell is stronger each day. I think this one should be done around day 70/75 if she keeps evolving at the same pace.
The Sowahh#2 has progressed a lot during the last week but she still has buds much smaller than her sisters, I suppose they will swell in the coming weeks. She is the most resinous of the 3 so far and she has the loudest smell of the bunch too; She will need 11/12 weeks to be at her peak I think.
The Sowahh#3 has taken a lot of volume also, her buds are a bit different compared to her sisters, her tops are 2 or 3 times the size of the lower flowers forming some kind of triangle when the other have flowers more or less of the same diameter running on numerous levels. She is a bit less resinous than her sisters but she's not done yet and a lot can change in there last weeks. She has quickly lost her deep green and is starting to yellowing sadly, I'll give her some veg foods with more N than the flowering food. This one should be the fastest to mature, seeing her at 6 weeks I don't think she'll need more than 10 weeks to be done.(the seeds are growing on the bud I've dusted with pollen)
The 2 BCP are going well, one turned almost completely purple and her sister is still green but the under side of her leaves is pink. The purple one has very sweet smell, certainly leaning heavily on the Purple Punch side, the other is a mix of sweet and spicy smells. Those girls should be ready around day 60/65.
The clones from my previous run are going well, 2 of them are close to being done, on the seed run I've harvested them at day 50/55. I'll leave the seeded branches a bit longer to be sure the seeds are ripe.
I struggle a bit to find the adequate level of food to give the Sowahh but they are still thriving, just a bit underfed. I suspect the #3 would prefer to have the light a bit further, there is about 30cm between her tops and the LED's.

EnjoyingLife

Update, still no pictures available so I know many people won't read this as most are just browsing the pics. Anyway, the plants are at day 35 today, the timer has been st on 11/13 last week, the Sowahh#1 has really taken some volume in a single, she really developed quickly those last days. She has a dark green but not really shiny, I think her diet is not enough dialed in. The Sowahh#2 is the slowest of the 3 but also the happiest, she has a beautiful dark green and shiny leaves, her flowers are still very small specially compared to her sisters but she is very resinous for the size of her flowers. The Sowahh#3 seems to be the fastest of the 3 and also a bit too pale specially in the new growth, she is also nicely frosted. The smells have exploded in this last week, it is now impossible to not notice the powerful odors of those plants, I don't really have the words to describe what it smells like because they are not yet really done developing but it's very promising.
The plants have more pronounced colors when the light is off, the #1 and #3 looks much better with the light off but they are not fully happy or they'd look like her sister the #2 who shines even with the light on. I don't know if I have to give more nutes or reduce their feedings.
The 2 Black Cherry Punch are looking good, the resin is also abondant on those 2 plants and their leaves are starting to turn purple, first it's the face down and slowly the purple will spread. They smell really good, some berries mixed with white grape juice and a touch of pepper in the background. I finally didn't pollinate any of those girls because I don't think this terp profile would mix really well with the Sour D terp profile.
So far the flowering is going very well, there is still around 5/7 weeks to go before I can cut some Sowahh but I'll be able to harvest some of the clones in 3 weeks.
I read them. Im looking for info on anything sd and pictures isn't how you get it =]

kro-magnon

Veteran
Something is happening with one of the clone of the Sowahh#2, it doesn't branches and has no new growth despite her leaves having grown a lot, it's the first time I see a clone doing this and I don't understand what's happening. It was a very small branche when I cut it from the plant and it had nice roots when I posted it but only the leaves have grown and took a beautiful shade of dark, shiny green but no branches and no apical meristem growth.
Is it possible it was burn by the light? The clones are under a Mars Hydro 100w LED, their smallest light who is not dimmable and those 100w can make quite a lot of ppfd. The plants are about 50/60cm from the light, I think it's far away to not damage the fragile young clones.It's just a supposition but I don't see any other reason for this clone to not perform normally.
Did some of you have already had this kind of problem? In many years of cloning it's a first for me.

Latest posts

Latest posts