What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

souwah Deez

G

couple shots of the cut @ 54 days. really put the cold to her, sproutin some bananas, this cut is pretty sensitive to anything out of the ordinary.

also used diff nutes in veg, and the plant now has a very funky lemon deez aroma.

CBF

G

just like your TW cut, your sour d doesnt look anything like mine hehe. It's interesting to see how these plants react to different environments.

THC

3legdog

Im also curious CBF... With 20 or more days left seems like long enough to self, unless the nannars are sterile ? What all have you found that causes the SD to reverse ?

Appreciate the tips CBF...i have a few SD phenos myself & don't want to stress reverse the new clones that just started flowering. :wave:

G

Hi CBF, trying to purple them up I see. SD doesn't like much stress at all. Especially if you have the clone, the back crosses and IBL are hardier due to the cross and selection process. I'll be watching to see how purple they get.

G

POd said:
why would you stress such a beautiful plant on purpose?

Hehe, I hammer all my plants that im keepin, ive grown her twice nice and easy, had no problems with bananas. one run she put out some nice phat bud. other times I fuck with her light, hit her with lots of heat, this run lots of cold, and goin with CCs starvation tech. give er just enough to survive, and im flushin real good each week now. id like to see all yellow leaf, thats standin up fine and healthy lookin @ the chop.

every plant cut and seed in my OP are grown in a decent enviorment but I dont baby anything. seeds are sprouted in cooler temps then most peeps. Im just lookin for the hardiest plants to begin with. IMO you should be able to take 10 beans, and plant right to dirt, and all should sprout. none of the germination techs that all use. its a fookin weed, and if a seed cant sprout as it would in nature then its a weak link in the genepool and should be culled.

anyway, if im interested in a plant, I want to see it in all conditions, how the plant reacts to its enviorment. if your not bumpin the nutes to the point you get a slight burn on the leaf tips, then your never gonna know how much the plant can take. big feeders with large root mass, are most always the better producers. you cant pick um out if all the plants are gettin the same food.

blah, blah, blah...........just my style, just messin around, learnin:D

CBF

G

3legdog said:
Im also curious CBF... With 20 or more days left seems like long enough to self, unless the nannars are sterile ? What all have you found that causes the SD to reverse ?

Appreciate the tips CBF...i have a few SD phenos myself & don't want to stress reverse the new clones that just started flowering. :wave:

Ive taken the cut in flower at 3 weeks and kept under 36 hrs of light then back to 12/12, sprouted bananas in just a day or so. those bananas were sterile or I fucked up. but I used the pollen on the plant, and a few others. never made seed. this time the cold for sure, as she sprouted nanners a day or two when I lowered the temps. again used the pollen on a low branch I left for seed. been at least week and a half and im not seein beans formin.

light poisen for sure flips the plant. and im thinkin any prolonged deviation from the enviorment she began at would force the nanners. anyway there were quite afew other plants that did fine in the cold temps. some even kicked some great colors.

CBF

G

THCAESAR said:
just like your TW cut, your sour d doesnt look anything like mine hehe. It's interesting to see how these plants react to different environments.

THC

hey THC.........ya hit the nail right on the head. very interesting:yes:

CBF

3legdog

Right on buddy i see your just experimentn & more power to ya. Just dont forget to keep those of us less fortunate in the loop as you obviously have the ability to grow so many great1s & with your experience you have less to worry about than me fosure.
I hate any reversal since i grow several different strains in same locals i can't afford any potential pollen chuckn. Good read...good insights & appreciate you responding :wave:
2 pics of my purp v3 pheno ...cold had no part in this for sure.

starving her ass :sasmokin:

Last edited:
G

^^^^yeah very nice. rez put up a pic of yours on CW, killer finishin shot. CC swears by finishin like that. I dunno, gonna see here with a few different plants.

CBF

G

CBF said:
Hehe, I hammer all my plants that im keepin, ive grown her twice nice and easy, had no problems with bananas. one run she put out some nice phat bud. other times I fuck with her light, hit her with lots of heat, this run lots of cold, and goin with CCs starvation tech. give er just enough to survive, and im flushin real good each week now. id like to see all yellow leaf, thats standin up fine and healthy lookin @ the chop.

every plant cut and seed in my OP are grown in a decent enviorment but I dont baby anything. seeds are sprouted in cooler temps then most peeps. Im just lookin for the hardiest plants to begin with. IMO you should be able to take 10 beans, and plant right to dirt, and all should sprout. none of the germination techs that all use. its a fookin weed, and if a seed cant sprout as it would in nature then its a weak link in the genepool and should be culled.

anyway, if im interested in a plant, I want to see it in all conditions, how the plant reacts to its enviorment. if your not bumpin the nutes to the point you get a slight burn on the leaf tips, then your never gonna know how much the plant can take. big feeders with large root mass, are most always the better producers. you cant pick um out if all the plants are gettin the same food.

blah, blah, blah...........just my style, just messin around, learnin:D

CBF

I agree with your ideas of genetics, darwin ect. But I would rather see if that little guy in the beginning dosent turn into the most thc laden thing youve ever seen. Even with humans, the runt at birth can become the biggest strongest most intellegent human.

Last edited:
G

61 days..................

61 days..................

here she is a week from the chop, last light feed a few days ago, two good flushes before she comes down.

lots of yellows, oranges reds and purple. looks great up close. hopein for a nice smooth smoke,

this cut is a favorite hear. keeper plant, hate the way it droops real bad from bud weight. other then that, its a great smoke.

CBF

G

have a look at that!!

have a look at that!!

hey, what a great look.. awesome representation, you don't see many sour diesels that show that colorful, great to know she has it in her..

how does she like the potassium?
ever try a silica supplement? very curious to know your input here considering the weak link in the genes (supporting it's weight etc.)

take care and enjoy your tasty treats!

cj

G

Fine colors CBF, Sure would like to hear your opinions when ready.

G

CaptainJack said:
hey, what a great look.. awesome representation, you don't see many sour diesels that show that colorful, great to know she has it in her..

how does she like the potassium?
ever try a silica supplement? very curious to know your input here considering the weak link in the genes (supporting it's weight etc.)

take care and enjoy your tasty treats!

cj

hey CJ, the cut in my OP is a medium feeder. as you can see I overfed at some point early in flower. little bit of tip burn. theres a slight diff in yield from previous runs, which I attribute to the cold temps I was runnin for a bit.

mainly tryin to bring this plant in with no green in the leaf sets, and I think im gonna be close by the weekend. crazy composer had talked about starvin the plant some in the last weeks of flower for a better smoke, somethin to do while growin I guess. always like to have somethin happenin in the grow to keep my interest up.

I use age old organics in veg, and neptunes harvest ,fish seaweed gruel, in flower. I dont use any supplements, bud boosters or anything like that. epsom salts once every now and again.

CBF

G

great to hear you keep it simple

what you use indoor is what i use outdoor, you've got mad skills (and balls :bat:)to be using that stuff inside, i can't stand the smell and pests it attracts (Neptunes duel fish/kelp light blue label) :respect: its great stuff, i like liquid karma by american agritech, it seems to be a perfect boost to the NH if you ever feel like experimenting :p i am exactly the same (read any of my grow threads and youll see it) about always wanting something interesting transpiring, sometimes its detrimental but in the end we learn from our mistakes and will know for next time.

as for the silica supplement, it can be found at most online garden centers and increases plant's resistance to sucking insects and disease by strengtheing cell walls (or something to that effect.)
Ive heard more than once that cannabis requires as much silica? silicon? (LOL dunno now :chin: bah!) as it does calcium and other secondary elements, so maybe as an "every now and again" thing it would be good. Ill be trying dyna-grow's version of the silica and will report back to the barracks hee at ic on my findings..

strong cell walls = strong plant stems, at least, one would imagine.. this is what is was getting at.

keep havin fun,
cj