What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

South African BHO tube

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
The craftsman who made these art pieces no longer does as far as I know..A bit sad. If there was a lot of interest I'm sure he might but LEO gave him a fair bit of attention when he caused a stir round here with them which led to all sorts of other s#it as it does..he as far as I know doesn't, but still works his lathe and has his jigs and tools and stuff he made and I haven't caught up with him in ages so I don't know.. He made them for about 300 dollars and each piece was hand machined and polished and tested and each unit made a batch of oil and then got cleaned up and went out. He has a real eye for detail.. My unit still blasts honey like the day it was made..

The valve that he used was the valve from a motorbike fork..I'm no mechanic but that's what I can remember. He used food grade rubber gaskets as far as I know. It's grey and mine haven't had to be replaced yet..

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
There were many generations of prototypes and mine was maybe generation 5 but if you attempt to make this remember shaking around a pressurised bomb of butane like a martini is kinda dangerous so wear eye protection and your threads must be made perfectly and with locking tapers. The top and bottom fit each respective sides' taper exactly and once I used them the wrong way around and the back blew off in my face while shaking, with no damage to me or the unit luckily only just a new dent in the ceiling but could have been a lot worse. There are well marked etchings on the grips but I payed more attention to them after that!

Yeah, the bra who made em tubes of gold, he is supa ZEF.. Original psychedelic ZEF stock van die' kaap.

Also its not ZEF to put your tube filled with weed and gas into the freezer..unless you want to blow yourself up. Tube with weed in freezer till cold, gas cans also in freezer, then all outa freezer, gas into tube and run pressurized with cold gas. Do a flush after, with the tap just cracked to a drip, till you see yield drop off and stop.

Last edited: