What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sous Vide hemp oil

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I made some hemp oil yesterday for a friend going through chemo.
I used about an ounce of finely trimmed hemp flower and about 1 1/2 cups of MCT oil .
Put it in a mason jar and submerged it in the Sous vide water at 185 F for six hours,
I then filtered it through a coffee filter overnight.
The oil came out brownish green with a nutty toasted flavor.
Tried about a teaspoon on a piece of bead and slept like a baby all night.
The procedure seemed to work but Im wondering if there are any improvements that could be suggested as Ill be making more.
IMG_4143.jpg

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
It didnt really smell that much.
Just a bit of the nutty toasted smell I mentioned.

Cactus Squatter

How much butter to add to the herb? Is it recommended to decarb the weed before it is mixed up with the butter?
95C for 60 minutes or 120C for 40 minutes?
thanks!
I just used my Sous Vide to decarb and infuse today. 2 hours at 194° with some zamaldelica x KaliChina then added mct oil and infused it for 5 hours at 185°.

Smell from decarbing was lovely. Tons of the terps were preserved in the flower, the oil smells a little nutty but also has some of the zamaldelica terps coming through.

Nannymouse

Yum! We have used the sous vide for quite a few recipes. It does work very good for de-carb and for making oil.

Hubby makes tri-tip roasts come out as close to prime rib as i think is possible. I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. Of course, we used kitchen grown rosemary.

He also makes 'egg bites' that are very handy for breakfasts, as they are done in itty bitty canning jars, so they seal and keep in the frig very well. And...he makes awesome dessert recipes, too.

The sous vide is a nifty little unit, not for the instant gratification cooking crowd, though. Takes a bit of time.
I wonder what other sort of munchies/edibles can be done in sous vide. Betcha there are already pot cookbooks specially for the sous vide. Just haven't looked for it yet.

Latest posts

Latest posts