What's new

Source for quality filter plate filters?

Any recommendations on where I can find quality mesh screens? I'm currently in need of a 1um micron mesh screen and can't seem to fined them anywhere; I'm planning to use it on a 2" filter plate. If anyone has a good source, It'd be much appreciated!

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Can you use Whatman #5 2.5 micron filter paper instead? This can go directly on any standard 6mm filter plate with a steel ring to hold it in place.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any recommendations on where I can find quality mesh screens? I'm currently in need of a 1um micron mesh screen and can't seem to fined them anywhere; I'm planning to use it on a 2" filter plate. If anyone has a good source, It'd be much appreciated!
1 micron face filter is prone to blinding in an inline application like ours. I use a 1 micron sock filter to avoid that issue.

1 micron face filter is prone to blinding in an inline application like ours. I use a 1 micron sock filter to avoid that issue.

Thank you so much good sir I completely forgot about sock filters! Two minds are definitely better than one. Where would you recommend a quality place to get them from I need something that's only about 2 feet long by two inch? I've bought stuff from Duda energy what do think about them?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you so much good sir I completely forgot about sock filters! Two minds are definitely better than one. Where would you recommend a quality place to get them from I need something that's only about 2 feet long by two inch? I've bought stuff from Duda energy what do think about them?

Duda is where we buy our 4" X 8" filters, and they have them in larger sizes as well.