What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour Diesel info (I know you can help me Rez)

teddynugent

A friend of mine is in NYC right now and is bringing back some original Sour D clones for me (and himself). That stuff is some blow you away smoke, huh? I know you know Rez. Yout got the original clone:D I still remember the first time I seen/smoked that stuff. I'll probably never forget it. A close friend moved down to NYC, and he and his roommate have the nicest indoor grow setup I have ever seen (in person anyways). I believe about 90 of their 150(or so) plants were the sour d. It has to be one of, if not the most beautiful plant I have ever seen. They are meticulous about their plants too. I think they have every piece of grow equip. you can buy. They have a little gadget for everything. I will be getting about 2 or so cuttings from each distinct phenotype. I can't remember exactly how many different SourD mother plants they had. They say that even though they look and grow very similar, each of their mothers have some unique quality that makes them a little different than the next(smell, taste, high, yield). Like I said though, these guys are nuts when it comes to growing. I thought all 90 SourD's I seen in bloom looked pretty much identical, and I maybe noticed 2 different phenos but there wasn't much of a difference between those either. It was a while ago, so maybe my memory is fuzzy. I can still basically picture the plants in my mind, but like I said it was a pretty long time ago, so I don't really remember their exact growth style or anything. I didn't ask too many questions about the strain at the time either. They would not give up a clone at the time, and trust me I tried. So, I didn't bother to ask much about how it grows. I also smoked a strain called HP13 the secondor third day I was down there. After smoking that shit, my one track mind went from trying to get a clone to a damn mission to find some more of that weed. My friend was only able to get a $20(which was maybe 2 bowlpacks, if that) and that $20 was like gold to him. He smoked it with me, but wouldn't even sell me a couple hits to take back. That was hands down the best weed I have ever smoked in my life. I just recently talked to my friend to work out the details on everything and he was talling me that his roommate's friend just got a clone of the HP13! He said that as of right now, there isn't even a remote chance of him or his roomie getting a clone. It took them a good while to get the SourD clones and seeds from the same guy, just like it took me a long time to get the SourD from them, so who knows what will happen in time. They promised me that when the HP13 was ready that I would at least get something to smoke. The amount depends on what they get. I'm scared to even thik about how much it will cost. Anyway, I am getting way of track here........

I was wondering if someone could fill me in on the details of the SourD. How long of a flower period? What's average yields? How does it like to grow(sog, scrog, topped, left alone)? What grow medium does it like. My buddies swear by the soil and I usually grow aeroponic. How do you think it would work in the aero? What do you think the best grow medium is for it? Is there any tips or tricks you can give me about growing it? Basically, any info you guys have that you could share with me would be great. I can't really talk too much to my friend about it unless I could talk to them in person. Rez- Im sure you probably have all the answers to all my questions and then some. So, if you get a chance, please share some of your knowledge on this strain with me.

I will also be recieving male Soud Diesel plants/cuttings and some pollen. They have a pretty good amount of male SourD plants, so I will be getting a nice selection of males and I will be making a bunch of seeds. I plan on hand pollinating every female using every male. I will keep one of each female clone as a mother, and I will grow the other ones out and use them mainly for making seeds. So, I will have seeds when they are ready. I was actually planning to make seeds from the original MTF from alaska that I got from Quimik, but once again it's getting put on hold. I will eventually have seeds of that too, so anyone that I told I would give seeds, will still get them when I can actually make them( I hope to have lots of seeds to pass out from the MTF when I make em). I will be passing out the SourD seeds when they are ready, which won't be for a while obviously. I will be charging $50 per seed, 5 seeds for $225. No, I'm just kidding. They will be free as long as everything works out as planned. So, just shoot me a PM in a couple/few months or so. Rez- If your in need of some good males for you SourD project, send me a PM and we cal talk. I don't know how you made your SD backcross(did you have male sd's? How did you make the cross?)

Well, thanks in advance for any info on this lovely strain.

-Teddy

BTW- how many of you have had the privelage of smoking the Sor Diesel? I've only smoked about a 1/4oz.(at most) total in the couple trips I've made to visit my friend. I could have smoked more, but the high lasted so long for me, that I kept passing up on the joints/bowls. Its strong stuff.

G

Teddy,
I crossed a Soma's NYC Diesel male to my Sour Diesel Clone....here's the way it's being done:

1)Sour Diesel Clone X NYCD = DSD
(done)
2)Sour Diesel Clone X DSD = Sour Diesel BX 1.5 (done)
3)Sour Diesel Clone X Sour Diesel BX 1.5 = Sour Diesel BX 2.5 (In Progress)

I'm seeing (even more than in the DSDs)....heavy manifestations of my Sour Diesel Clone Mother in the Sour Diesel BX 1.5's I'm growing right now,this second BX (given a point-five cuz I used a 50% Diesel father)....just might get what I want: A Sour Diesel hybrid that's minimally variable and retains the fantastic taste and psychedelic high of the Original Sour Diesel Clone Mother....

The flower's about 75 days,quicker in hydro....we tie 'em up,down,and snap dem' lil' branches all over tha' place, and top a few times before flower,as well....

If you search Rezdog/Sour Diesel at overslow you'll get a shitload of info,more than I wish to reprint here....and I have a Gallery over there with about 150 Sour Diesel pics,
as well!

Cheers!

Hey teddy. I was in new york tracked down a HP 13 clone the guy would not give it up for 1500 dollars. I don't think that fucker is ever gonna give a clone away. Good luck with your seeds. And now I can't even get on overslow anymore. Is anyone else having problem geting on overslow?

G

Peg Leg Pete said:
Hey teddy. I was in new york tracked down a HP 13 clone the guy would not give it up for 1500 dollars. I don't think that fucker is ever gonna give a clone away. Good luck with your seeds. And now I can't even get on overslow anymore. Is anyone else having problem geting on overslow?

havent been able to get to Og for two days now. suntin about a new server........or sportser pissed a hack off and he destroyed the site.

pleasure
CBF

HOT CARGO

The Best Is Yet To Come
Veteran
Hi Rezdog

i was doing some searching on the sour diesel you got.
i got to say this looks like some fine bud.
i will be getting the seeds soon.
this will be nice addition to the grow.

peace

HC

teddynugent

Peg Leg Pete- That HP13 is the most amazing smoke ever, huh? I've never smoked anything that even compares to that shit. Well, maybe some strains have come semi-close, but the HP is for sure the best weed I've ever smoked to date. I was higher off 1 hit of that shit than a bowl of most killer. The guys that I'm getting the sourd from said they offered the guy with the HP13 a 1/4lb. for 1 clone and he said no! That's crazy. They said that they're going over there with a 1/2lb. of their best herb next time they harvest. I don't think this guy cares though. He's got a shitload of his own pot I'm sure.

Hippo- My friends told me that the HP13 was a real special hashplant. Just plain hashplant. They said that it was old school and real pure afghani. 100% indica. They also said that the guy that brought it back went to maui to get it. This is just what they were told though, and I'm sure that there are a million stories out there about what it is and where it came from.

Latest posts

Latest posts