What's new

Sour Diesel IBL

JLP

Veteran
If you want to grow trikes grow Sweet Pink Grapefruit or crosses like BS#2 and SWT#4.Sativa dom plants often have smaller trikes.

JLp

G

Gorgeous pics JLP! that purple looks killer, cant wait to see the smoke report!

abundance of trichromes doesnt equal quality. a lot of commercial SHIT is covered in trichs and is horrible. most of the sativas i grow have very small trichromes but good coverage.
when i smoked the ibl, i noticed it wasnt the most crystal-covered bud but it was better than just about everything else i have had (with exception to a few special strains close to my heart).

pretty pot doesnt mean amazing pot, you guys should know that by now.

G

That's interesting, I have two unsexed Sweet Tooth 1.1's going. Also I have read that the trich's you see don't necessarily say anything about the potency of the cannibinoids. That being said, all the plants I have grown have been frosty.

G

"pretty pot doesnt mean amazing pot, you guys should know that by now"

So true sativa strains generally are not as pretty as frosty thick indica buds.

Sour Diesel is a weird one when it comes to trichs...especially rez's version the trichs don't seem to pile up so much on the leaves and overflow everywhere...but the trichs focus on the buds and are very defined with very large sacks on the tip. This is why you always notice sour diesel's colors are very contrasting. Dark green water leaves with white/bright green crystal coated sticky smelly buds.

Commercial strains are breed for yield/resin content/etc...they are generally very frosty but lack a punch when it comes to potency and taste/smell. Sour diesel doesn't need pretty frosty pictures to prove it's good bud, one smoke and no one will disagree.

THATSTHATSHIT

I HAVE NEVER TASTED THE SOUR DIESEL BUT WILL BE MAKING IT THE =TOP OF MY LIST AT THE CUP FOR SEEDS AND TO TASTE LOVE THE PICS..................

cabanetforester

Important Notification.

Important Notification.

11-15-2006. Department of Testing I.C.C

The I.C.C. (International Cannabis Committee) has passed new requirements stating that:

All growers who produce suspiciously large stanky buds must submit samples to our labratory for testing purposes.

This is to ensure a level growing field by weeding out those who may be cheating by doping their cannabis plants to produce abnormally large stanky buds.

You have 14 days from the date of this notice to submit your buds for testing at our facility. Failure to comply within 14 days will result in the immediate confiscation of your large stanky buds.

If our testing indicates your large stanky buds are positively dope(d) you will be notified by mail 5 to 7 working days after we obtain the testing results.

Your right to appeal: You will be given 24 hours from the time we recieve the test results to appeal this finding.

Appeals: All appeals must be submitted in writing and mailed to our appeals division where they will be reviewed for 5-7 working days. Appeals must not reach our appeals office prior to our testing or you will be considered in violation.

We thank you for your cooperation and look forward to working with you on this matter.

Sincerely, Cabanetforester. Head testing supervisor I.C.C.

REZDOG

Veteran
cabanetforester said:
11-15-2006. Department of Testing I.C.C

The I.C.C. (International Cannabis Committee) has passed new requirements stating that:

All growers who produce suspiciously large stanky buds must submit samples to our labratory for testing purposes.

This is to ensure a level growing field by weeding out those who may be cheating by doping their cannabis plants to produce abnormally large stanky buds.

You have 14 days from the date of this notice to submit your buds for testing at our facility. Failure to comply within 14 days will result in the immediate confiscation of your large stanky buds.

If our testing indicates your large stanky buds are positively dope(d) you will be notified by mail 5 to 7 working days after we obtain the testing results.

Your right to appeal: You will be given 24 hours from the time we recieve the test results to appeal this finding.

Appeals: All appeals must be submitted in writing and mailed to our appeals division where they will be reviewed for 5-7 working days. Appeals must not reach our appeals office prior to our testing or you will be considered in violation.

We thank you for your cooperation and look forward to working with you on this matter.

Sincerely, Cabanetforester. Head testing supervisor I.C.C.

Now that is funny as hell! :D :D

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
man these pics of the sour d drive me crazy. ordered a pack of the sour and of some quick mist i cannot wait. never grown any of your genetics rez but since i've learned of your work i've always been a big fan. i can't wait to get the seeds rippin, i'm gonna be sure to take tons of pics. holy shit i can't wait...the anticipation has me up at wee hours of the morning trying to find as many pics of the nugs as possible...some would think i have a problem

kush07

Ogstradamus said:
Sour Diesel is a weird one when it comes to trichs...especially rez's version the trichs don't seem to pile up so much on the leaves and overflow everywhere...but the trichs focus on the buds and are very defined with very large sacks on the tip. This is why you always notice sour diesel's colors are very contrasting. Dark green water leaves with white/bright green crystal coated sticky smelly buds.

Commercial strains are breed for yield/resin content/etc...they are generally very frosty but lack a punch when it comes to potency and taste/smell. Sour diesel doesn't need pretty frosty pictures to prove it's good bud, one smoke and no one will disagree.

When a plant has very little trichs on the leaves then that usaully means a sativa dominance. Indicas are usually very frost, leaves and buds, thus making them superb for hash making.

Happy Toking :rasta:

G

OMG!!!

OMG!!!

WOW, :yoinks: those are the most amazing ladies....wow. :yoinks:
"I've been watching JLP's grows for several years now, and I've got to say that I'm extremely impressed with not only his amazing growing and breeding skills, but the professionalism and integrity with which he conducts himself."

"A true asset to our ICMAG community!"

I'm new here.
But, I hope someday, years from now....someone can say something similar about me.
You INSPIRE. Thank you.
THOSE GRAPEFRUIT pics...WHEW! :yoinks: change pants.
peace, :wave:
joeshmoe :joint:

JLP

Veteran
Thanks guys,

In those last four pics the first two are SWT#4 and the second two are Blue Sat.#2.Legend's Ultimate Indica is also a SPG cross.

JLP

beancounter

Veteran
Speaking of Steve's SPG cut 50 days in.. (hope u don't mind JLP)

Blockhead is another strain with SPG in it, and i dare say my BH phenos were frostier than the SPG :chin:

But, resin production has nothing to do with potency, only hash making potential..

Check out the lack of resin on the leaves of Steve's Sweet Skunk cut, but the buds and potency easily are on par or better than SPG.

Nice IBLs JLP :joint:

G

Guess I won't find out till I try some. Got a couple packs just to make sure I get the right pheno. What characteristics will the Right SourD pheno have? Should smell like diesel right? Please inform. Thx!

JLP, damn those pics are sooo nice man. Made me want to get me some blue satellite #2.2 Too bad they don't have any at Sbay. Yeah, i've tried SWt#4 and wasn't happy with the results, maybe I didn't get the right pheno. Going to try SWt#3 soon, got some beans waiting. Peace

Hear I'd thought for sure the sd x bs cross I had been plottin would be all alone, but glad to see JLP can definitely keep good company. Damn JLP, your sd's are exactly why I want to try some IBLs. I'm just waitn for my chance to grab them, but i keep gettin sidetracked, and sd ibl funds are currently hurtin. Rushed to get StrawDiesel instead so maybe these will get the 6 BS#2 I have left(given they germ being a few years old in the same packaging shipped in). Funny Blockhead was mentioned too cause pinching pennies for Chunkhead from ogbub charity, that just might have some trichs. Intrested in your project JLP and cannt wait to see what u pop out next. u got skillz

JLP

Veteran
Right on guys.

Yeah,I had a real nice SD IBL male that I pollenated a couple BS #2 F2 females with but they took forever to flower and I really wasn't happy with the plants.I still think it's a good cross it just wasn't in the cards this time.

JLP

Latest posts

Latest posts