What's new

Sour Diesel IBL x OG Kush from JLP aka SDOG

T

trem0lo

I thought everyone who was lucky enough to get JLP's recent batch of SDxOG would appreciate this. this is from the first batch of seeds he gave out last year, cured about 2 months. this pheno, the only one i ended up finishing, is very indica dominant leaning heavily toward the OG side and went 63 days.

(for those who don't know, this is another fine cross by our generous friend JLP, made up of Rez's Sour Diesel IBL and Sugenite's OG Kush. i'm not positive what cut Suge used but my research on the forums lead me to believe it was the ghost cut, but i could be wrong.)

appearance: 8

great bag appeal. dense, bright green and covered in trichomes. even with my shoddy manicure it still looks pretty good.

smell: 8

the smell in the jar is straight up sweet, rotten fruit with a hint of lemon and incense. this definitely needs to be kept in an airtight container because it will easily stink though anything else. when broken up it releases it's true aroma: a sweet, spicy lemony fuel that is quite hard to put into words. i think Ron Burgundy said it best, " a formidable scent, it stings the nostrils....... I'm gonna be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline."

taste: 9

this is where the strain really shines imo, because the lemony fuel really comes through and sticks to the roof of your mouth. the fuel aspect is a little more subdued than other strains I've tried, but is balanced well with the lemon and spiciness which is just perfect. best tasting weed i've ever had, bar none. if it weren't so potent i could smoke this stuff all day, just delicious.

potency: 8

after the first exhale you feel it coming on, this hits you quick which definitely limits the amount you need to smoke. i only need 3-4 hits from a small pipe to get extremely high. i would imagine a heavy smoker might need 2 bong hits to get ripped. very potent but not on par with the most potent strains i've had. probably the most potent indica dominant i've ever had though.

high: 8.5

a very very heavy indica stone with a touch of head. this one gives you about 15 minutes to do something semi-productive then the full power kicks in and it's zombie time. smoke too much (very easy to do) and you won't be moving, talking, or thinking for the next hour. very good for killing time, killing pain or just forgetting about the world for awhile. excellent medicinal strain. the full effects last about 1.5-2 hours where you won't be needing anymore unless you want to pass out. this lets you down easy, leaving a gentle afterglow and no hangover. the general feeling of the high is very happy and feel-good, placing it above other indicas i have smoked with a more "generic" stone that can get boring.

anxiety level is also very low, you can go out if you need to but I don't recommend it. i went to a grocery store late one night after smoking this and i had no idea where i was. it was very spacey and surreal but i was not paranoid... luckily my sober friend was with me!

tolerance build up: 8

I know this aspect is important for many people (including me) so i'm happy to say that this strain gets me nearly just as high every time. there is a definite ceiling to the effects but you can always get there with a small amount.

overall: 8.5

really really good. potent, tasty and a very strong euphoric buzz that is sooo relaxing. if i had a permanent garden this would be a definite keeper. she wasn't too hard to grow and yielded quite well. if you are an indica lover this one's for you. kudos to JLP!

P

Peat

Very nice, TremOlo! :yes:
Excellent review.
Thanks for the info.

I'm waiting on some SDOG f2s. :jump:

I'm throwing topwater spinners at my mailbox.
Now it's just a matter of how I hold my mouth... :tongue:

No, wait...:nono:
That's fishin'.
Oh well, maybe it'll work. :confused:

G

GlassAnGrass

man that report makes me want mine even more. cant wait to get them already..

btw great smoke report bro...

GG

just for the record, the last batch of sdog were actually f2's though i would immagine they will still be nearly identical to the original cross.

there should just be less variation. yours just arrived? hasn't it been like 3 weeks or more. i gave up on mine and moved on. sucks but that's the breaks.

PureSativa420

Actually JLP gave out some more of the SDOG a few days ago if ya was lucky enough to get them before they was gone once again :)

Aweomse Smoke report and lovely nug shot!

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
perpetuallylost said:
there should just be less variation.

Not true actually. F2´s should offer a wider range of variation than the initial crossing. Always does.

Stay Safe

That was a really good smoke report. Perfectly realistic. You've made me more excited to pop these beans. I'm glad i got f2's...I'd love to find an OG pheno and a sourD pheno and a male of each as well. Enjoy that smoke.

jahman

Veteran
:wave:

that genes collection have to be kick ass weed, for sure!:smile:
Thanks for the report!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts