What's new

Sour D IBL Bubble!

sirharrynuggz

Damn! That's some great lookin bubble! Is that the IBL bud too in that bowl pic?? Whatever it is, it's frosty as hell!!

DrKatz420

No, the bud underneath the hash isn't the SD, it's actually my Chemdog bagseed, which has an amazing diesel-ly flavor, and goes really well with the SD hash.
Chemdog bagseed

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Yo DrKatz420,

that is indeed some of the best looking bubble hash i have ever seen. a big green thumbs up to you, for doing a real awesome job.

i'd love to hear about your routine with the bubble bags. which set are you using, the 7 or 8 bag set? do you use a mixer, or only a wooden spoon? come on, out with it, lol.

those pics make me look forward to the day when i have enough SD trim for a bubble run.

peace out :wave:

DrKatz420

Muchas gracias, everyone. Quite a few (in)famous members stopping by, and I do appreciate the compliments very much. Gaiusmarius - my method doesn't appear to differ too much from yours, but here are the basics: I have the 7 bag (five gallon) set, but after experimenting for a while, I now usually only use 5 of the bags: 25 micron, 73, 120, 160, and either the 190 or the 220 for the biggest. I don't use the 45 micron anymore, because the grade seemed very similar to the 25 micron, and I would usually mix these two together anyway. I have read (and confirmed from my own experience) that most ripe trichome heads are in the range of 100 microns, so most will pass through the 120 bag and get caught in the 73 bag, so these two are both necessary. Since the 120 bag also often has a very high grade of bubble, I use the 160 to get a good filter, and there's usually not much in the 160 bag (and what's there is more green and less blond).

Beyond this, I have found that usually only one more bag is necessary, not two, so I switch between the 190 and 220, and haven't noticed any difference. I should point out that I use trim and popcorn nugs that were frozen while still wet. If dry material is used (even if it's frozen, which most people suggest), more bags are necessary to separate the leaf dust that results. Anyway, I usually use between 100-200 grams of fresh frozen material, distilled water, and LOTS of ice. First run I mix by hand with a metal whisk (like an egg beater) for between 10 and 20 minutes, then let it settle for at least a half hour.

After draining the bags (and putting aside the first bag which still has the plant material and ice), I use a long flat knife to scrape the bubble off the screens, and do an initial flattening with a paper towel behind a piece of 25 micron screen. This will get most of the water out, since the water will pass through the 25 but the hash won't. I leave it on a ceramic plate instead of a piece of cardboard like bubbleman suggests, because I have had problems with the hash sticking to the cardboard. After a day or two on top of the computer monitor, it's almost always nice and dry and crumbly, but I leave it in an open container for several days after that to make sure that it doesn't get moldy (that's a lesson you only have to learn once, moldy full melt is a sad, sad thing).

I also always do a second run. First run for quality, second for quantity. Since the object is to get everything left from the first run, I use an electric mixer for the second. Make sure to add fresh ice, and more fresh water if necessary. I mix on varying speeds for about 15 minutes, then let everything settle for at least a half hour, and the rest is the same as the first run. I keep the hash separated by run and by bag, but often end up mixing everything but the first run 73 (which is where you find the full melt if you're gonna) together.

Well, that's the basics, but if anyone has any questions on specifics, I will do my best to answer.

Dr. Katz

SoulDoubt

First- Awesome pictures! 2 thumbs up on the use of the magnifying glass!

Stupid question now(in multiple parts)
What is bubble? simply another word for Hash? or something a little different?
Also some terminology related questions- what does IBL stand for? What is F1 or F2?

Many apologies if I should not be asking here, or if there's an FAQ that I should be reading.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
cheers Dr. Katz, as you said our systems are practically the same, although i do still use all my 7 bags. what i don't always do is mix by hand the first time. i have done and even used an ultrasonic toothbrush for the first run, lol. made some damn fine bubble i must say. although i have also made fmcd using the mixer, which is why i have kind of gone back to a mixer. in the end it's gonna matter more how much ripe trichome heads are on the trim etc. your SD bubble is the perfect example of quality trim making quality bubble. great job i must say, using freshly frozen trim is also a key element to the most taste in my opinion and the least contaminants.

SoulDoubt: bubble refers to bubble hash, i.e.. water/ice hash. hash made in water using ice to break the trichomes off and screen bags of different sizes to collect the trichomes. it's known as bubble, because the best stuff will bubble and melt when fire is put near it, the very best is fmcd, full melt clear dome. i.e.. it melts and bubbles making a clear dome of a bubble.

ibl:in bred line

peace

Last edited:
G

so glad i just got them bags in i got shit a large ziploc freezer bag full of trim and 4 small ziplocs filled gonna be some hash making real soon. got the new 8 bag set. dude that shit looks as good as it smoked.. was dam fine bubble rung your bell thats a fact there dr katz...hahahahah