What's new

Sony alpha 55 -_.:'The learning curve':._-

Ludo

After alot of research or search online and asking around and getting expert advise, I decided for a Sony alpha 55. So far I'm blown away, and I feel as if I'm learning every time I pic it up to shot a session. I bought A few older lenses for my cam. It came with a standart 18-55mm sam sony lense, but I love the idea that older lenses can give different pictures and forces me to learn about focal and fokus.
I bought a SMC Takkumar 1:1.8/55, a Helios-44M 2/58, a Minolta maxxum AF zoom 35-80mm 1:4-5.6, a Minolta AF zoom 28-80mm 1:3.5-5.6 and a macro fisheye adapter from Bower.
I feel I have a few tools now to throw my kreativty aroud the world looking thru' my cam.
I'll post a shot now and then when I feel I've learned or discovered something new, this might not be new to you but bare with me as I learn....I'll try o keep the curve steep...!!
Here are a few closeups/macros i shot with the adapter and the sony lense today...

I have a question if someone knows how to or if I can expand my depth of field when shooting closups/macros using the same lense.?:tiphat:

Thanx for stepping by....take care....c u soon....:wave:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a question if someone knows how to or if I can expand my depth of field when shooting closups/macros using the same lense.?:tiphat:

Thanx for stepping by....take care....c u soon....:wave:

I'm not a pro in photography but I like it...I try to give you a tip.If you want to take a close up picture and light is not enough,or the subject is not well illuminated,the focus area is smaller than if you have good illumination on the subject.This mean you can do two things:

1: try to illuminate the subject better

2:try to place the subject parallel to your cam like the image below:

macro-grafico.jpg

This allow you to have more focused area - depth of field uniform for all the image

Hope it helps ;) However with all those lens you sure will have fun...I know fish-eye lens are really funny.

:wave:

Ryu

Yup, all you really got as your options are a larger aperture which requires more light and push it too far and diffraction will do more damage the closer you get.

Or you could grab a couple of frames and stack them in photoshop or one of the many free programs like Zerene Stacker.

I agree it's brutal at first, I remember being gutted that was all I had to play with after saving for a decent camera and lens and I still wasn't as close as I wanted. :)

I have only stacked a couple of images and it's no easy way out but if your feeling frustrated with the thin depth of field it can be quite liberating even if it's just two frames to double it.

Some great reading in the links I put here if you are interested
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4230949#post4230949

So how you getting on with all that glass?

Last edited: