What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Something wicked this way comes

H

Huckster79

So im using coco straight. I'm using Jacks. I'm new to PPK and Jacks, but not coco.

So I'm using filtered water in single digits ppm. My ppk girl is in flower. I've read many many of the threads but sometimes numbers start to get mixed up in my head as Ive read so many different ones.

I did a 321 ratio at about 370ppm Jacks 230ppm Calnit and 120ppm epsom.

Is that a good level from start to finish? Or what PPM would I want at different stages? I think I'm going to go with the camp that backs down calnit a few weeks into flower, do I aim for same ppm and up the jacks or leave the jacks and epsom alone and just drop the calnit so its a lower ppm mix?

btw I'm really liking the ppk rig and the jacks. I think I will work to have all my girls on it, right now I just made a rudimentary single spot ppk rig to see how I liked it.

Miraculous Meds

So im using coco straight. I'm using Jacks. I'm new to PPK and Jacks, but not coco.

So I'm using filtered water in single digits ppm. My ppk girl is in flower. I've read many many of the threads but sometimes numbers start to get mixed up in my head as Ive read so many different ones.

I did a 321 ratio at about 370ppm Jacks 230ppm Calnit and 120ppm epsom.

Is that a good level from start to finish? Or what PPM would I want at different stages? I think I'm going to go with the camp that backs down calnit a few weeks into flower, do I aim for same ppm and up the jacks or leave the jacks and epsom alone and just drop the calnit so its a lower ppm mix?

btw I'm really liking the ppk rig and the jacks. I think I will work to have all my girls on it, right now I just made a rudimentary single spot ppk rig to see how I liked it.

3 parts jacks(360)/2 parts cal nit(240) is the usual starting point, 1.2 to 1.4ec all the way thru. Keep a nice air gap of about 5" or so imo with coir. I usually cut nutrients the last 10 days and just feed ro water, but you can run this low ec to finish with good results as well.

H

Huckster79

I use the 1:1 ratio (volume) or 1:.67 ppm I think it is all the way through at about 900 ppm

Thats what ive been doing on my non ppk girls. Volume. I did it by tds this time in ppk i think cuz its first time ive owned a tds meter, lol.

H

Huckster79

3 parts jacks(360)/2 parts cal nit(240) is the usual starting point, 1.2 to 1.4ec all the way thru. Keep a nice air gap of about 5" or so imo with coir. I usually cut nutrients the last 10 days and just feed ro water, but you can run this low ec to finish with good results as well.

Thank you.

So you dont do epsom? Ive gone back and forth on that as i see some do some dont. I was thinking i may take middle road too and do a half part epsom... idk.

Unfortunetly i think i only have about a 3" air gap when bottom is full. Its not autofed so it does drop as she drinks. Ill fix that next run. I missed the importance of that when i built it, then realized it once i was rolling. But shes kicking ass. Her twin in my regular pot is no where near as full as she is in the ppk rig. She was only put in it three weeks ago, a week before flip. My guess is she blows her twin away just from what ive seen thus far

420ish

i do epsom folier when needed.only some plants need it.certain strains need it in veg but not in flower.rarely do i need to folier epsom in flower.

Mr Blah

what’s your guys’ best methods for starting seeds that will be planted in ppk?
D9 has it in this thread somewhere. If I see it I will post, cause I am going in looking around this thread anyway. :biggrin:

Page 30 post 295 for seeds

For seedlings:
D9 writes;

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i start the seedlings in solo cups like clones but when they are tall enough to take the tops off for a clone i put the rooted bottoms in flower still in the solo cups.

by the time the cuts are good and rooted the bottoms are showing sex.

everything is tracked and dated of course.

if for some reason the cut doesn't root i can re-veg the donor if i think it's important enough.

because i am ruthless about culling weak or slow plants i can whittle down a seed pack in short order so it's seldom necessary to re-veg
[/FONT] by the time the cuts are good and rooted the bottoms are showing sex.

[/FONT]

Last edited:

datal4b

that’s definitely proper info but wondering as far as germination -> planting. anyone just plant a germed bean right in media? or is rapid rooter or the similar preferable..?

starke

that’s definitely proper info but wondering as far as germination -> planting. anyone just plant a germed bean right in media? or is rapid rooter or the similar preferable..?

I take seeds out of my wet paper towel as soon as they have a tail at least a half inch long and plant them straight into a Hempy solo cup using straight perlite. Never had any problems this way, but I'm still fairly new to the game.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
dont run me out of the ppk thread lol, but i used some spare ppk parts to make a dtw coco dripper setup and its the bees knees. my other room is still ppk and vegging. nothing exciting at the moment

Attachments

• IMG_20180222_154138.jpg
    IMG_20180222_154138.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 22
  • MVIMG_20180223_201247.jpg
    MVIMG_20180223_201247.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 25
  • MVIMG_20180219_205906.jpg
    MVIMG_20180219_205906.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 20
  • MVIMG_20180219_205839.jpg
    MVIMG_20180219_205839.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 21
  • MVIMG_20180219_205747.jpg
    MVIMG_20180219_205747.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 26

Mr Blah

Got to admit it is a boring way to grow....Everyone in PPK land fell asleep. :biggrin:
I had to get a hobby its so boring growing week now.
I am currently a pro at moving snow around. :laughing:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Got to admit it is a boring way to grow....Everyone in PPK land fell asleep. :biggrin:
I had to get a hobby its so boring growing week now.
I am currently a pro at moving snow around. :laughing:
brother, been PPKing since the first days of 'Passive Plant Killer' thread.. D9 was thinking different and backing his theories with success. I'm no scientist and do it in a backwards state (Florida) so my endeavors are small and personal but after one gets over what nutrient 'I'm going to use' at whatever strength and follows a few nutrient flow rules WTF is there? Strain hunting!:tumbleweed: I have too many now! whats left? Don't want to argue or debate the PPK/Jacks+CA process?? I too have written the 'boring' post and it can be but frees up the mind to think out of the box...Hello 9.:tiphat:

Hey guys I have a ppk grow going at the moment using floranova grow (Got a bit lazy and like to try different nutes, 1 part appealed to me). Anyway I filled my res's at .9 pump and 1.1EC top off (both ph 5.8) and let shit go for a week, when I checked again it was .9ec and ph 5.3 in the pump tank, while top off tank was drained...

Does this signal a root problem with the ph dropping instead of rising? Plants look sweet as, but last run using a clean 2 part nute I only ever had slight rising of ph and lowering of ec. Thought that's how shit was meant to be?

Have a circulating pump in top off tank hooked up to same timer as feed pump. Only being fed twice a day though will now bump that up to 4 times. Point of that statement is both tanks getting circulation twice daily.....

Thoughts?

Cheers