What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Something wicked this way comes

Desert Hydro

Veteran
Got me some 7 gal. Tuff tubs in the mail today.
Just in time, the intermediate containers got roots coming down the tail peices

where did you find them at? everyone wants to rape me on shipping. found them on rural king for 6.99 but they wanted 240 freight for 24 of them lol

Desert Hydro

Veteran
speaking of rape, put your welding goggles on or prepare to get fucked!

this room makes my brain hurt now lol

thanks again D9. wouldnt be where im at without your inspiration!

building the scrog version of this room next door right now. it will house 20-24 4x4 air cooled scrogs in PPK.

also gonna try out a new nutrient line. got a kilo sample of megacrop and gonna put it through its paces. i want to say its similar to jacks but with additives built in.

Attachments

• IMG_20171103_214041.jpg
    IMG_20171103_214041.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 19

Earlmarne

Ok, in real need of some insight.
I've been using the pdf file that was provided, and have a crap ton of pages bookmarked from this thread.
I got my 7 gallon tubs w 7 ×3 wicks fitted with Tom kaps n grates. Got a bunch of totes n 3.5 g buckets n lids.
Now it's time to plumb it all together.
I can't find 5/8 id Goodyear hose at home depot. That is the size I need to run from my buckets to my main res I think. Is this right? Now for fittings. Is there standard issue t's for this hose or am I going to use hose clamps?
I am running 4 sites in flower/ 4 in veg.
Fix on running like d9 ( much smaller scale) with 2 rows of 2 sites. Will run a hose from main res t'd at first site, elbowed at the last for return line and fill line. Going to run one 27g tub in veg n one in flower for my main res with eco 185s at each site.
Am I on the right track here, any flaws in my plan that stand out?
Now my halos. These are just half inch id hose with t's? I seem to think I've seen em built out with a piece of line from the t to another . If any of you have specs as to your halo build I could copy I would be very grateful.
Sorry to fill this thread with s o many knucklehead questions. Just want to get it right so I can get a step closer to all of you guys level of growin

Thirdtime

There is another hose that works the same, I forget the brand but seems like it's a tire company and it is black.
T's are from the sprinkler part area same ones as used for drip line, I had to keep messing with mine to get them to not leak

Earlmarne

There is another hose that works the same, I forget the brand but seems like it's a tire company and it is black.
T's are from the sprinkler part area same ones as used for drip line, I had to keep messing with mine to get them to not leak

I can't find hose in bulk. Any reason I shouldn't buy me a 50ft continental, or Goodyear hose n chop the ends off?

Earlmarne

speaking of rape, put your welding goggles on or prepare to get fucked!

this room makes my brain hurt now lol

thanks again D9. wouldnt be where im at without your inspiration!

building the scrog version of this room next door right now. it will house 20-24 4x4 air cooled scrogs in PPK.

also gonna try out a new nutrient line. got a kilo sample of megacrop and gonna put it through its paces. i want to say its similar to jacks but with additives built in.
Man that's going to be sweet

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
great job as always..im an old member here but for security reasons
i changed my username.i always admired your work.

**the speakers are for you, or for the plants?:biggrin:

thank you! the speakers are for the people! although there is some evidence that classical music from the baroque period stimulates plants.

gmanwho

Veteran
Goodyear and Continental are what most are using.

used the hose u speak of. another room i used standard 3/4 black hydro hose. this particular hose was pretty soft. worked for 2 years. just rebuilt that room using the same hydro hose. wanted to reroute drains an feed lines.

Earlmarne

Got the continental at my local store. Going to pick one up tomorrow.
Got to get these big buckets up n running. Dang intermediate veg tubs are all root bound n flooding .hopefully will have it all squared away this week

Here's a quick question.. do y'all add nutes to top off? Volume res or whatever it's called? Back when I was reading trying to get my head around it, i seem to remember it being advised plain water. Or am I wrong about that?

I add nutes to both, ph pump res to 5.5 and top off res to 5.8 ish. Drifts up to around 6.1 or so in pump res before I lower back to 5.5...

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Here's a quick question.. do y'all add nutes to top off? Volume res or whatever it's called? Back when I was reading trying to get my head around it, i seem to remember it being advised plain water. Or am I wrong about that?

I add nutes to both, ph pump res to 5.5 and top off res to 5.8 ish. Drifts up to around 6.1 or so in pump res before I lower back to 5.5...
I've moved to 650PPMs from 600PPMs going into the volume rez with Jacks Pro and Calcium. Top offs are 650PPMs. Plain water if, for some reason, you'd want to flush out your PPKs, otherwise 650PPMs for top offs.. mix nutes in separate whatever to 650PPMs and add directly to volume rez.
The nute trip, starting out at 650PPMs in the volume rez, rises in the pump rez to about 1000PPMs and PPK rezs' a little higher and for me, in RO at somewhere less than 15 PPMs, PH hasnt been an issue.. ??? dont know why, I dont ask or monitor it any longer.

I add 600 - 650 ppm to volume res (Not jacks) and it tends to stay around that or get very slightly lower in pump res. Why do yours raise to 1000?

zeke99

I add 600 - 650 ppm to volume res (Not jacks) and it tends to stay around that or get very slightly lower in pump res. Why do yours raise to 1000?

It's not that one raises the ppm in the pump tank.

The pump tank receives fertigated water from the drain lines that are plumbed to the bottom containers and from the volume tank via the float valve.

I just checked the EC/ppm in my pump tank. I was filling the volume tank with 1.2 EC through the first two weeks of 12/12, and through the last two weeks have dropped that input to .8 EC. In the pump tank, it measures 2.2 / 1100 EC / PPM @ 500 conversion.

Latest posts

Latest posts