What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Something wicked this way comes

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
time for the "weekend update"!

just a bunch of general purpose flower room shots and then the last two are the stardawg corey x c99 sisters, Fertile Mytle and Ivanka.

we now have all 16 sites in the main flower room loaded. we have begun harvesting the first plants so we are in perpetual harvest mode from now on.

Attachments

• IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 21

Desert Hydro

Veteran
nice! i see what you are saying about the single modules and it being time consuming. didnt think of all the extra monitoring involved.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
gonna start building my system in the next few days but i may not actually get to set it up and run it til after this round. all my plants are potted in 1/2 gal pots of rockwool and already vegging out. i can either flower them out as is and have the system pre-built and ready for the next round or start over on the veg....

i think the rockwool center will get waterlogged and cause issues and i would rather not risk it. either way i will have some build photos up soon. thanks for the ongoing wisdom.

zeke99

Hello to my fellow PPK enthusiasts and to the Architect (D9) himself.

I am asking for advice on how to proceed with the following limitations:

- 6 flowering plants (legal limit)
- Enough juice for UP TO 2x 600w. a single 1K is also under consideration.
- grow tent must be used (maximum height of 7 feet)
- Veg and Bloom will have to occur, one after the other, in the same tent.
- The seeds that I have are supposedly from an indica dominant plant (Nirvana Aurora Indica) that should not be expected to stretch too much

So I'm looking for input on Container size and Vert vs Horiz bulb alignment, size before flipping, scrog?, etc. The goal here is maximum yield. I may not have more than a year (going forward) to use this space.

Now as for seeds (and clones) after the first run, I have enough juice for a few CFLs or T5s (but not another HID for much of the year due to cooling constraints). Is it possible to take cuttings and keep them under T5s for the time period encompassing the end of veg. in the main tent to the end of bloom for the same group of plants (8 or more weeks)? That seems ridiculous, but maybe I am unaware of a method.

Alternatively, I could buy more seeds and simply grow from seed each time, nailing down the timing of popping the seeds and thus preventing them from being kept under t5s for a period of time that is too long and sub-optimal.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

- The seeds that I have are supposedly from an indica dominant plant (Nirvana Aurora Indica) that should not be expected to stretch too much

So I'm looking for input on Container size and Vert vs Horiz bulb alignment, size before flipping, scrog?, etc. The goal here is maximum yield. I may not have more than a year (going forward) to use this space.

Now as for seeds (and clones) after the first run, I have enough juice for a few CFLs or T5s (but not another HID for much of the year due to cooling constraints). Is it possible to take cuttings and keep them under T5s for the time period encompassing the end of veg. in the main tent to the end of bloom for the same group of plants (8 or more weeks)? That seems ridiculous, but maybe I am unaware of a method.

Alternatively, I could buy more seeds and simply grow from seed each time, nailing down the timing of popping the seeds and thus preventing them from being kept under t5s for a period of time that is too long and sub-optimal.

Thoughts?

check out my thread for ideas, we have similar limitations it seems
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338091

Miraculous Meds

gonna start building my system in the next few days but i may not actually get to set it up and run it til after this round. all my plants are potted in 1/2 gal pots of rockwool and already vegging out. i can either flower them out as is and have the system pre-built and ready for the next round or start over on the veg....

i think the rockwool center will get waterlogged and cause issues and i would rather not risk it. either way i will have some build photos up soon. thanks for the ongoing wisdom.

I think ur right about getting water logged. Here's an alternative. Use loose wool to fill ur pot, but don't use the wick system. Just recirculating wool at that point.

Anyone ever deal with clogs in their PPK? I seem to have a nasty clog in one of my ppk sites :( Currently scheduled feedings are of 20 seconds at 90 minutes apart.

I came home today to find water all over the ground of my growroom. One of my PPK sites will start overflowing nutrient water into my growroom after the pump is fired on after about 10 or 15 seconds. So something is obviously clogging the site. I think it might be the roots themselves? In the tail piece or maybe the actual medium itself is so clogged with roots?

About a week or two ago i put lids between the plants and the buckets, essentially covering the turface/perlite surface (to prevent the watering halos from spewing water all over my grow room when im gone and to block light from any roots that may come out the surface). I think this might have prevented moisture from the medium escaping or something because when i lifted the lid to check to see why it was overflowingi see there is lots of roots coming out the top surface. I am guessing the lids have been keeping the top of the medium wetter than i maybe should have, causing the roots to come up to the top of the bucket??

Here is a pic of the ppk bucket with the lid.

here is a pic of the ppk bucket without the lid, showing you the roots that have made their way to the top.

here is a pic of the plants canopy that has seem to be EXPLODING

as you can see, i am in SCROG and am not sure what to do. I am guessing i need to pull that screen off the plants and unclog it. How should i approach this? Also not sure if i should keep the lids off and just expose the roots to light or put the lid back on?

Last edited:

Miraculous Meds

Maybe u can take apart the wick n replace the medium. The only other thing I did was jam a rod down thru the wick several times to create some flow. It fixed my clog. Hopefully somebody else chimes in on how to avoid clogging, but these r ur quick fixes for now.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran

Thoughts?

hey zeke! how big's the tent?

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Anyone ever deal with clogs in their PPK? I seem to have a nasty clog in one of my ppk sites :( Currently scheduled feedings are of 20 seconds at 90 minutes apart.

I came home today to find water all over the ground of my growroom. One of my PPK sites will start overflowing nutrient water into my growroom after the pump is fired on after about 10 or 15 seconds. So something is obviously clogging the site. I think it might be the roots themselves? In the tail piece or maybe the actual medium itself is so clogged with roots?

About a week or two ago i put lids between the plants and the buckets, essentially covering the turface/perlite surface (to prevent the watering halos from spewing water all over my grow room when im gone and to block light from any roots that may come out the surface). I think this might have prevented moisture from the medium escaping or something because when i lifted the lid to check to see why it was overflowingi see there is lots of roots coming out the top surface. I am guessing the lids have been keeping the top of the medium wetter than i maybe should have, causing the roots to come up to the top of the bucket??

Here is a pic of the ppk bucket with the lid.

here is a pic of the ppk bucket without the lid, showing you the roots that have made their way to the top.

here is a pic of the plants canopy that has seem to be EXPLODING

as you can see, i am in SCROG and am not sure what to do. I am guessing i need to pull that screen off the plants and unclog it. How should i approach this? Also not sure if i should keep the lids off and just expose the roots to light or put the lid back on?

did you pack the tailpiece with xlp perlite only? what size is the tailpiece again?

since packing ours with perlite we have had no failures to drain.

your plant looks great!