What's new

someone poison my plant

Granger2

Veteran
Rives,
Yeah. Where IS SeaMaiden? I always think of her in nute discussions. I think someone ran her off. I seem to remember her getting into it with I don't remember who, but he was out of line.
That's a loss. -granger

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rives,
Yeah. Where IS SeaMaiden? I always think of her in nute discussions. I think someone ran her off. I seem to remember her getting into it with I don't remember who, but he was out of line.
That's a loss. -granger

She had apparently been banging heads with one of the mods, got her mentor tag lifted and decided to bag it. I was unaware of it while it was going on, and can't really imagine it. From what I saw, she was always level as hell even when people were flicking shit, and was damn knowledgeable. A great loss, indeed.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
when in doubt, flush with 1/4 strength nutes. A well-balanced base nutrient in the right ph should provide the plant with everything it needs. 1200 ppm is pretty strong, unless it is a strain you are confident can handle it. I regularly feed about half that and do just fine, no need to flush ever except at the very last week or so.

I never understand why people say to flush with half strength nutrients.
the whole point of a flush is to correct an issue, and if you have over fed or have the wrong nutrient balance in the coco, you really need to clear it all then start from stratch. you should flush with ph'ed water to correct the ph and clear out the nutrients, then when they need watering again, start adding the correct nutrients at the correct ph.

as for seamaiden.. I think she had the best intentions but tends to upset people/mods on a few different forums. came to a head I guess.

Guys. Easy fix. You're having PH lockout. Adjust ph to 5.8-5.9 range, and get rid of all that N in your mix.

Anyhow, no need to throw the plant out, just a simple fix?

BTW - No one poisoned your plant... lol, nice thread title dude...

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never understand why people say to flush with half strength nutrients. the whole point of a flush is to correct an issue, and if you have over fed or have the wrong nutrient balance in the coco, you really need to clear it all then start from stratch. you should flush with ph'ed water to correct the ph and clear out the nutrients, then when they need watering again, start adding the correct nutrients at the correct ph.

KT had suggested 1/4 strength, not half. I've read numerous times, most recently from Chris at Hydroponic Research, that flushing with straight water can shock the root zone. H-R recommends doing a flush at .2-.4 EC.

timmypark

Guys. Easy fix. You're having PH lockout. Adjust ph to 5.8-5.9 range, and get rid of all that N in your mix.

Anyhow, no need to throw the plant out, just a simple fix?

BTW - No one poisoned your plant... lol, nice thread title dude...

yes, you are correct! it was the extra 200pm of N that cause the problem. Also, the ph was at 6.0 Lower it at my last feeding at 5.8 and necrosis had stop spreading.

I also add 10ml of sweet raw to bring out the nose and make it delicious. More updates coming soon with the sweet raw results

Attachments

• IMG_2702.jpg
    IMG_2702.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2701.jpg
    IMG_2701.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2704.jpg
    IMG_2704.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2705.jpg
    IMG_2705.jpg