What's new

Someone please show me some decent t5 nugs

U

UptownShakes

I know its not the prefered method, but experimenting, and now being invested in a t5 start to finish ... I ask any of you t5ers out there to give me some of your best t5 flower, yield, finished product pictures

Post away ... I know the stories of airy nugs, and of small nugs under t5's... Anybody have any success flowering with a t5ho fixture?

Pictures please or even a good review ... :tiphat:

Im looking for some solid evidence

On a side note ... Couldnt a 6 or 8 lamp t5 sog compare to a hps grow in some instances?

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I use a T5HO lamp fixture, grow with OBBT method.Nugs are tight and hard, I've been happy with the T5's I use chose them due to heat and space considerations.

pearlemae

Veteran
Here's some dry pics, I generally don't bother with fine bud trimming as I grind it all anyhow. Smokes smooth no cough but that the organic method more that the lights.So I think you can grow really good bud with T5's.

U

UptownShakes

Not bad not bad ... What type of fixture is that

Also what strain ... If ya dont mind me asking

Also, and more importantly, thanks for the response ... Appreciated.

pearlemae

Veteran
I'm using a Sun Blaze T5-28 it an 8 lamp 16,00 lumens it 2 feet square. Fits real well in my cab. As for the strains,well, my nephew brought me a dozen clone last jan. and they each had a tag with the name, only problem was he lust tossed the tags in with the clones and we never knew which was which Trainwreck, violet dlite, lesberado, G13 and another I dion't recall. The main thing is having good genetics, all the strains I've gotten gave been excellent producers. Good quality and pretty good volume wise I get 1/2 to 3/4 oz per if all goes well patients is the hard part. Currently I,m doing the same, but have been defoliating a lot during veg, appears to increase branching a bunch.

:plant grow:ive grow under t5 they are the best veggin lights you can buy as for buds they work great buy the red ones though the plant allways likes to outgrow the lights they even better with hps they will make very smokable bud but you will allways need more light!!!! goodluck

U

UptownShakes

Hey pearlme, i really appreciate all the effort... You're the sh!t, thanks a bunch

By the way does that sunblaze have individual bulb reflectors?

U

UptownShakes

Im trying to figure out if 30,000 lumens 4 foot 6lamp t5 will succesfully flower a 4' 3" x 20"
Thats 4 foot 3 inches by twenty inches by 4 feet tall. sog grow. Maybe 18 inch plants, 25 inches tops

I myself dont grow, although all the research makes me want to. Im waiting to finish school and move to cali and get a script but i have a friend across the pond who does legally ... Problem is he's terrible wi anything online, he researching skill is zero lol and he always asks me to help ... Im trying :)

pearlemae

Veteran
Yes, individual reflectors.

And Yes,:smoweed: to Strawberry girl I use the 3000K bulb for budding in fact just flipped the light today on 4 new plants. Nothing better than smoking your own, and I know what went in to it while growing.

U

UptownShakes

After your beans crack and you first plant them do you put them in the dark or the light

U

UptownShakes

Quantums coming out with a black light (uv) t5ho soon... Keep an eye out. I hear the black or uv light helps with better chrystal and, crap i spelled crystal wrong lol and also it deters mold, it fits right in standard t5ho sockets

LeenieBean

only thing you need to consider is T5's have somewhat inferior light penetration to HPS- I have a mom cab using them, all my moms are about 15" tall and quite leafy, but the bottom doesn't get much light, so I end up losing those leaves over time. If you use enough T5's there will be significant heat as well. My cab is currently running at 35 celcius in the summer and I can't bring it down. I have 5 2' HO T5s (6500 k) running, with three shelves, 2 on top, one in the middle for seedlings and small clones and 2 on the bottom for my moms. turning off the middle light drops the temp by 1.5 celcius. If leaves touch the light for some time they will eventually burn, but won't burn on contact like with hps, so you can keep your lights close to the plants - mine do best about 2" away- but have to be watched so they don't grow into the lights. Compared to the flowering cab that has a 250 w hps with MH conversion bulb as well, the temps run pretty much the same. We just finished up a 8 plant SOG in 32"x18" deep and yeilded just over a QP for the first grow out of our hps system- plants weren't vegged very long so can still be tweaked a bit but tis another option, 400 watt isn't necessary for good yeild. they'd roast in there if we had 400on them.

U

UptownShakes

what color lamps are you going to bloom under??

Well i'm not blooming anything, its illegal where i am but not where my boy is, he's legit so i was just researching for him because hes a lazy one and id like to have some good smoke when i go to visit him.

To answer the question hell probably do whatever i suggest to him and as of now i would say 2900 kelvin t5ho bloom lamps... Tripospher coated quantums to be exact

U

UptownShakes

How tall was your cab for thatsog ..and when did you flip the lights, how tall were they?... 4 inches? Eight?

pearlemae

Veteran
Uptown, I'd say a 4 ft fixture should work fine. 6 amps should be fine as the width issues. My grow space is 3'x2'x4' the fixture is2 feet so there is room for my carbon filter. Heat can be an issue I use a 6 in clip on fan in the flower chamber for circulation the fresh air comes in from the floor. the air is pulled through the box with a 120mm computer fan moving a little less than 170 cuft/min pulling through a carbon filter I made from the threads here. Back to the heat my flower chamber stays a 80 F if the 6 in fa is off it goes to 102 or so . A fan is needed. You don't get deep light penetration, but you do if you defoliate,I'm doing that on the current crop, getting much better penetration, and alot of branching.Looking forward to seeing how the budding goes.:dance013:look ma no fan leaves

pearlemae

Veteran
The Cab is 4x4x2 the flower chamber is 3x4x2 the 1 foot on the left is the mom roon clone/ drying room and on top is 1'x1'x2 has the fan air pump wiring etc.The pics were taken this A.M. 3 of the plants are 10-12 in. and a short one(late clone) is about 6. Flipped th lights on the 3rd. The planes in the pics have been defoliated and some fine wire bend on the branches to spread them out for better light penetration. I've been doing this cab since Jan. Finally getting the dialing in done so we'll see how this turns out. I'm striving for quality over quanity as this is my wife's seisure meds.

420ish

i have used t5's with no problems!very good results quality wise.for the best results you should try scrogging!it does not penetrate well and scrogging takes that out of the picture!i now use pll t5's but used to use a 4 bulb 4 foot t5 .i wish i had tryed scroggin with my old fixture,it used alot less watts then what im doing now!

U

UptownShakes

The Cab is 4x4x2 the flower chamber is 3x4x2 the 1 foot on the left is the mom roon clone/ drying room and on top is 1'x1'x2 has the fan air pump wiring etc.The pics were taken this A.M. 3 of the plants are 10-12 in. and a short one(late clone) is about 6. Flipped th lights on the 3rd. The planes in the pics have been defoliated and some fine wire bend on the branches to spread them out for better light penetration. I've been doing this cab since Jan. Finally getting the dialing in done so we'll see how this turns out. I'm striving for quality over quanity as this is my wife's seisure meds.

Yes quality is paramount ...yield is always important but id rather a less amount of quality anytime ... So you feel the t5's are giving you fairly solid and dense nugs? The pictures looked pretty good, not shabby at all...

Incidentally, when flowering with hps i hear although you get more, the quality is better if you flower with a metal hydrate. So ultimately this means you would need two hps bulbs for premium grade nugs

Which leads me to this statement ... Isn't it then possible to add in a few tubes of 6500 t5's during flowering along with the 3000 t5's to produce high quality?

pearlemae

Veteran
Good question, I don't know if having 6500K would produce a higher grade nug So what i'll do is replace two lamps with the 6500K this A.M. Then its just a wait to see what happens.

Latest posts

Latest posts