What's new

Some soft drinks may seriously harm your health

daggazee

Multinational food companies are not interested in your health - it's not their job. Their job is to make a profit for their shareholders.
Don't trust them or the poisonous shit they peddle.

Peace..

G

Sucrose is composed of glucose and fructose. When sugar is given to rats in high amounts, the rats develop multiple health problems, especially when the rats were deficient in certain nutrients, such as copper. The researchers wanted to know whether it was the fructose or the glucose moiety that was causing the problems. So they repeated their studies with two groups of rats, one given high amounts of glucose and one given high amounts of fructose. The glucose group was unaffected but the fructose group had disastrous results. The male rats did not reach adulthood. They had anemia, high cholesterol and heart hypertrophy--that means that their hearts enlarged until they exploded. They also had delayed testicular development. Dr. Field explains that fructose in combination with copper deficiency in the growing animal interferes with collagen production. (Copper deficiency, by the way, is widespread in America.) In a nutshell, the little bodies of the rats just fell apart. The females were not so affected, but they were unable to produce live young.

Source: "The Murky World of High-Fructose Corn Syrup" http://www.westonaprice.org/motherlinda/cornsyrup.html

D

daisy jane

Man, it's a good thing I don't like soda. Give me a glass of water any day.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Well at least some of them try to warn you..

cola1.jpg

G

ill just add that it's the phosphoric acid in cola drinks that make your bones weak like they do with your teeth. i'm sure other chemicals contribute too. i can't actually find a decent drink with none of these weird chemicals added in some way or form. i think the best bet it to make your own drinks from scratch. i'm drinking more water but eventhat has strange things added to it. u can't win.

Last edited:

Storm Crow

Veteran
Sodium benzoate and me....

Sodium benzoate and me....

This really doesn't surprise me. I get quite a reaction to SB. When I get a fair-sized dose, my body says it's just been poisoned- vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramps, chills and shakes! Smaller amounts just give me diarrhea. It's nice to see my body was right about this stuff!

The doctors (when I was 29) decided that I had gall bladder problems and they would have to operate to fix my re-occurring problem. Fortunately, I read an issue of Prevention magazine, where some poor gal had the same symptoms and had the operation- and it fixed NOTHING. She then decided it had to be something in her diet and she began eliminating chemicals. When she removed SB from her diet, the problems stopped. I gave it a try and my problems disappeared! The doctors didn't believe me about SB and I politely told them that I was no longer interested in their operation. I still have my gall bladder, incidentally, and I'm almost 60.

If anyone you know is having "gall bladder problems", you might tell them to read the labels on their food and eliminate this nasty little chemical. If it works, hurrah!; it if doesn't- they're no worse off than they were before. -Granny