What's new

Soma's Gear

Brastaman

Again, I don't think of Sour Diesel when I hear NYCD by Soma. Maybe it's the sources of your research that is skewed. From what I remember, Soma did not claim his 'bagseed hybrid' to be Sour Diesel or a cross of Sour Diesel. Maybe I started to hear about NYCD after the dust cleared from some type of dispute but I do remember Sour Diesel becoming popular around the same time.

Moleculist

There's some cuttings of Lavender going around town and they are some beautiful plants that produce some beautiful, great smelling herb.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
hoosierdaddy said:
But apparently the consumers of his products are purchasing. And from what I can gather his business is thriving. Obviously a much larger percentage of folks find value in Soma's line than you do.

Here is a perfect of example of supply, demand, and the free market at work:
Couldnt agree more with that. again if its not your cup of tea and its something thats not of any interest at all for you why worry about the price? thats what im not understanding. Ive come to the realization that there are many better diesels out there but im not complaining to any one about prices simply because the bud didnt meet my expectations from the large price tag. The price isnt an indicator of how good the bud is, ever.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
I picked up my Lavender. I must say it was money well spent. This was not grown under ideal conditions. I'd say the room averaged 90+ degrees 70% of the time. Compared to the other strains in the garden, this took the high heat surprisingly well. The other strains turned out horrible, and werent too much to smoke. Got my little stash in a paper bag to draw out the last bit of moisture then i can get it in my jar:rasta:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
doggystyled73 said:
Why worry about the price? I don't worry about it but it really gets under my skin that someone with this reputation would price their gear like that so only a few could afford it. It's unethical and hypocritical of him in my opinion. And i despise hypocrites. If he's going to conduct such business than he might as well retract any statement he'd ever made of supporting the medical community aka Terminally Ill people aka people like my cousin who have AIDS, who is practically blind now with no appetite n looks like a god damn skeleton. Get where i'm going with this? He also preaches about being all loving of the earth and people and blah blah blah hippie talk LOL the dude seems like great guy on paper but the only people i've ever known to be decent folk when it comes to business are the ones who don't charge an arm and a leg for their products.. all others.. DOUCHE BAGS. period. And i'm labeling SOMA as such til he either comes forward about being the nonsensical PHONY hippie i think he is.. having the ethics of a breeder like REZDOG.. or admits he just smoked so much weed that he's permanently stoned out of his mind and has no sense of reality anymore lmao.. have you seen some of the pictures this guy puts up of himself in his articles? Looks like he just escaped from the looney bin.. and yes.. i'm being negative and trash talking the guy cuz after reading these posts i'm kinda irritated that only a few agree with me here. Guess the others are just rich or something. Ehh.. to each their own.
First of all, there are no seeds on the market that I am aware of that cost an arm and a leg. So, the gist of your argument sucks to begin with.

Second, just who the hell are you to bag on these people? You traipse your ass in here and start throwing stones at not only Soma, but Rez, and the whole of the breeding trade that doesn't have their pricing structure to suit you.

I did a little investigating, and it is YOU that are the douchebag, Jr.
After reading some of the things you have contributed here lately, I have zero respect for any of your contributions.
And you obviously have a long ways to go before you are any sort of respected grower. I'd say start out by learning to pop seeds, and stop crying about it when you fail. A breeder is not unethical simply because you lack basic growing skills. And don't even try to defend yourself, unless you would like it pointed out to all just what a douche you really are.
For an example you were busting Rez's balls about his claimed 95% germination rate, and wondering how he could claim such a thing when you only had a 50% pop? You were eluding to the fact that if he tests 95% of the seeds for germination, how did a lesser percentage of yours not pop?
And then proceed to make Rez out as some sort of villain in the saga.
Now you are carrying that stupidity into other areas and using that experience as your basis for the man being an unethical douchebag.
You will not last long here. And rightly so.

I have no dog in this fight, but it irks the hell out of me to see good people put down by assholes who have less than a fuckin clue.

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im a big fan of alot of somas work

these strains i like very much and would sugest anyone who can scrape the money together to get some
his seeds are not cheap but times are hard these days and it is worth saving up for a pack to see what he has to offer

nycd seriously 1 of my all time favourites(blew me away when it first come out with its amazing flavours out of this world)still to this day i love it more than ever :rasta:
nycd x g13 haze another winner i didnt get a nycd pheno but every pheno was a winner,fruity weed with a haze kick and taste(definately worth a go a real slept on strain
buddas sis lovely tasting strong indica weed im more of a sativa fan but with this amazing taste and strong buzz this is also a winner(i also dont see many people grow this,another slept on strain)
amnesia haze this sh.t is real good if you get the right pheno,dont think of amnesia haze when you go to amsterdam that pheno is not the winner far from it,the cut i got is real good very hazey with a slight lemon edge with a stomping buzz,great yield to,ive been after this 1 for years and finaly have it thanks to a good friend(thanks man)seriously this is a strain definately worth doing,strong crazy ass big yielding super sativa with flavour to boot enough said
lavender is also a good strain very distinctive taste and a good buzz also,i havent smoked this as much as the others but when you get a good bit of this you will def bve happy(alot of shit going round amsterdam that is not good version of soma weed so dont think that is what yours will come out)katsu coffsehop had a great lavendar the best ive seen in years check that out for a real good version

keep up the good work soma
peace
ojd

Z

zoolander

Its a style ,doggiestyle its not like we have to go outside or anything LOL . Remember this from knocked up ?

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
ojd said:
im a big fan of alot of somas work

these strains i like very much and would sugest anyone who can scrape the money together to get some
his seeds are not cheap but times are hard these days and it is worth saving up for a pack to see what he has to offer

nycd seriously 1 of my all time favourites(blew me away when it first come out with its amazing flavours out of this world)still to this day i love it more than ever :rasta:
nycd x g13 haze another winner i didnt get a nycd pheno but every pheno was a winner,fruity weed with a haze kick and taste(definately worth a go a real slept on strain
buddas sis lovely tasting strong indica weed im more of a sativa fan but with this amazing taste and strong buzz this is also a winner(i also dont see many people grow this,another slept on strain)
amnesia haze this sh.t is real good if you get the right pheno,dont think of amnesia haze when you go to amsterdam that pheno is not the winner far from it,the cut i got is real good very hazey with a slight lemon edge with a stomping buzz,great yield to,ive been after this 1 for years and finaly have it thanks to a good friend(thanks man)seriously this is a strain definately worth doing,strong crazy ass big yielding super sativa with flavour to boot enough said
lavender is also a good strain very distinctive taste and a good buzz also,i havent smoked this as much as the others but when you get a good bit of this you will def bve happy(alot of shit going round amsterdam that is not good version of soma weed so dont think that is what yours will come out)katsu coffsehop had a great lavendar the best ive seen in years check that out for a real good version

keep up the good work soma
peace
ojd
I agree great stuff!! been wanting to grab some lavander so badly!!! and amethyst!!! heard its BOMB!!
Grew out some white light X g13 haze and it was bomb shit too, the yields are never incredible with soma gear but the buds are just mouth watering..if you ask me its a minute price to pay for what you get in the end: various phenotypes of incredible females and a buncha males to breed with(all or most of his strains ahve been crossed to death havent they?) I still have five NYCD seeds from soma himself, maybe i should cross it with bio diesel or something ?

Last edited:

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
one word for you doggystyled73 CHEAPSKATE...
have a teaspoon of cement and harden the #?ck up why whinge about something if u cant afford it? Doesnt make sense me if u cant afford it then S.T.F.U and stop dissing a reputable well known and respected marijuana activist and breeder keep buying your pissy nirvana f2's and other 30 dollar cheap strains cause u dont have a clue what your talking bout matter of fact watch this video i think it sums u up pretty well...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

dont take it personal but i couldnt help myself....
200$ on seeds how much weed would get in the long run from those seeds alot more than 200$ i cant see any real point to your argument all im seeing is your a cheapskate and have a personal beef with soma, god knows why?? Ive seen and heard nothing but great things about his gear and him, some of it is from this thread. I think its you who needs to get your head outa your ass start saving and buy some real strains...

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
doggystyled

soma has won many awards
with his green

nycd
buddas sis
lavender
amnesia haze
and more

so there must be something to it

darthvapor

go get doggystyled cheap-o. How much you think 28 grams of good nycd or lavender would cost? take that same money and buy seeds and get a hell of a lot more bud and you got a momma plant too dumb ass. If you dont like it piss off and buy your nirvana f'2s and shut up and be happy about it whiney puss

Elemental

ORGANIC its my WAY/KUSH AFICIONADO/FULL MELT gran'
Veteran
nycdfan042 said:
I agree great stuff!! been wanting to grab some lavander so badly!!! and amethyst!!! heard its BOMB!!
Grew out some white light X g13 haze and it was bomb shit too, the yields are never incredible with soma gear but the buds are just mouth watering..if you ask me its a minute price to pay for what you get in the end: various phenotypes of incredible females and a buncha males to breed with(all or most of his strains ahve been crossed to death havent they?) I still have five NYCD seeds from soma himself, maybe i should cross it with bio diesel or something ?

such a beatiful work you did,you got a vocation for grow that HERB!

B

Bubble Puppy

While its not good to bash breeders ,at least you stand up for yourself ,with an unpopular opinion.Its not about being a cheapskate ,Im all for spending money ,but yer buying SEEDS not a color tv or a Dvd player.I agree his seeds are expensive and don't need to cost THAT much .But this is america ,and were all free to be Capitalists..

Alot of breeders that charge high prices are probably not geared towards the average hobby grower.They probably take into account the fact that the person growing will probably be making profits ,here and there.And $200 for seeds for the "producing growers" is really nothing in the scheme of things..

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
similar for shit...
That situation is between folks who have a stake in that issue, unlike you who have no friggin idea what you are talking about, and pretty much just blowin off as if.
And you also don't know what or who I know, or don't know, well or otherwise. I suggest you leave me out of your drivel from now on.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone who wants to say a word about soma, better get there facts strait before they enter into a debate quizin him

1st)...nycd is the product of shantis hawian male and a bag seed brought from nyc by a rasta....

2nd)...i dont think you have come to apreceate a real keeper.....2 packs of nycd will bring you a "keeper" pheno.....once you have this mother,you will find the product from that particular plant 2x as morish as the product from any other seed...

3)..this whole thread is weird...and im sure you guys would change your mind quick,if you went to amsterdam,walked round all the shops,seen somas nycd on every list, and kicking the sh1t out of everything,.....this is pointless

you guys will learn, when you cant find that tasty bud your craving.....you will relize,only then...

Last edited:

LilMan72003

It is QUITE simple.

Soma's genetics are top of the line. Nothing Less. Amnesia Haze is easily some of the best bud out there. Period.

There is a price, and if his situation allows him to do nothing other than charge what he does, let him do so.

And if you Have a problem; DON'T BUY IT!!!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was suprized this thread was not in somas area of icmag...

doggystyled......bro ..im not getting at you in any way..

but seriously....im not messing about....this thread is sounding silly....

yeh ok somas seeds are high price.....but how much did his court case cost to fund...have you read "soma goes to court"??

do you keep mothers??....have you ever owned an select cut??...are you into finding phenos??...have you tryed to find good phenos in particular seedbanks stock??...

finding good phenos is hard work if you pick the wrong company!!

honestly man.....talk to me, insted of just hammering your point.....