What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

solvents to use for cannabis oil?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would probably go with alcohol. I don't know much about BHO and heard bad experiences from people who don't know what they are doing.

You can make a delightful QWET using 190 proof Ethanol!

The equipment is also cheaper than setting up to do BHO properly.

TheMadToker

Question for Gray Wolf about Rosin extraction tech for use to treat cancer

Question for Gray Wolf about Rosin extraction tech for use to treat cancer

Gray Wolf I was wondering if you know if I can use the Rosin extraction tech to use in place of RSO to treat cancer. Can I use this technique to extract the oil and use it as extracted for oral ingestion? As my father has lung cancer and inhalation in any way is not possible.
Any help would be greatly appreciated:thank you:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gray Wolf I was wondering if you know if I can use the Rosin extraction tech to use in place of RSO to treat cancer. Can I use this technique to extract the oil and use it as extracted for oral ingestion? As my father has lung cancer and inhalation in any way is not possible.
Any help would be greatly appreciated:thank you:

We've never done any cancer testing with rosin, but no of no reason that it wouldn't work.

Decarb it and mix it the same as the BHO or QWET.

We also made suppositories for rectal cancer patients, that work with out inhaling. We bought the molds on line and used coco butter and BHO for the suppository.

TheMadToker

We've never done any cancer testing with rosin, but no of no reason that it wouldn't work.

I am sorry if I sound like an idiot but how would I decarb it? and you said mix it the same as the BHO or QWET mix what?
I thought that once it was extracted via Rosin tech it was ready to go. My father is not a cannabis user per say so if I am only decarbing it just to get the high feeling and it will work against the cancer with out it I would like to do it that way, but IDK if it will fight the cancer w/o decarbing

Thank you to everyone that has commented it is greatly appreciated

Miraculous Meds

theres lots of posts about decarbing. GW uses the oil bath method heating the container with the concentrate in it to 250f for 30 min. I just use a pyrex measuring cup on a baking sheet in the oven for about the same temp/time.

Hes saying to use the same rates as u would for the rso treatment. or for whatever else u might want to make with it. For example holy anointing oil, (good thread to check out by the way), or canna pills, or infusing it in edibles. Its got to be decarbed to make it extremely more active when using. when we smoke we naturally decarb by heating the material to inhale. When we ingest or use as topical we still have to activate by using heat to decarb.

Most people believe that decarbing is more beneficial for the cancer treatments. basically I think If u don't decarb a lot of the cannabinoids just pass thru ur system before they can be utilized.

If ur going for the rso version of cancer treatment then by all means research his site, phoenix tears, or google his vids n such. the basics are to take the concentrate after being decarbed n consuming it pure. Working ur way up from a grain of rice size dose, 3 times a day, till u can tolerate a gram a day dose. Use 60g of concentrate in 90 days to try n kill the cancer. The side effect is that it gets u extremely high. so the idea is to take a little bit at the beginning n build ur tolerance so it doesn't wipe u out as bad.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I am sorry if I sound like an idiot but how would I decarb it?

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/

and you said mix it the same as the BHO or QWET mix what?

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/holy-anointing-oil-and-holy-shit/

I thought that once it was extracted via Rosin tech it was ready to go.

It is for vaporizing, not for oral consumption.

My father is not a cannabis user per say so if I am only decarbing it just to get the high feeling and it will work against the cancer with out it I would like to do it that way, but IDK if it will fight the cancer w/o decarbing

Thank you to everyone that has commented it is greatly appreciated

Almost all of our cancer experiments were done with decarboxylated oil. Only one relied on juicing carboxylic acid form, and he did extend his life from a prognosed <90 days, to over a year, but wasn't cured.

On the other hand, he had already been through all available Western medicine options, and came to cannabis grasping for straws, so his immune system was wrecked before he arrived.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
theres lots of posts about decarbing. GW uses the oil bath method heating the container with the concentrate in it to 250f for 30 min. I just use a pyrex measuring cup on a baking sheet in the oven for about the same temp/time.

Hes saying to use the same rates as u would for the rso treatment. or for whatever else u might want to make with it. For example holy anointing oil, (good thread to check out by the way), or canna pills, or infusing it in edibles. Its got to be decarbed to make it extremely more active when using. when we smoke we naturally decarb by heating the material to inhale. When we ingest or use as topical we still have to activate by using heat to decarb.

Most people believe that decarbing is more beneficial for the cancer treatments. basically I think If u don't decarb a lot of the cannabinoids just pass thru ur system before they can be utilized.

If ur going for the rso version of cancer treatment then by all means research his site, phoenix tears, or google his vids n such. the basics are to take the concentrate after being decarbed n consuming it pure. Working ur way up from a grain of rice size dose, 3 times a day, till u can tolerate a gram a day dose. Use 60g of concentrate in 90 days to try n kill the cancer. The side effect is that it gets u extremely high. so the idea is to take a little bit at the beginning n build ur tolerance so it doesn't wipe u out as bad.

We've started using Dr Melamede's technique of giving new patients 3X the oil dose in Citicolene, twenty minutes before the oil dose, to mollify the psychoactive effects of the THC. It allow us to get a patients dosage up faster, without discouraging them with an OD.

Miraculous Meds

We've started using Dr Melamede's technique of giving new patients 3X the oil dose in Citicolene, twenty minutes before the oil dose, to mollify the psychoactive effects of the THC. It allow us to get a patients dosage up faster, without discouraging them with an OD.

Great idea. thanks for sharing. I will research it.