What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Soil to alkaline will this work

N

New_gorilla

We're I'm working for my next outdoor crop the soil is to alkaline so I was a wondering will this work to make the soil less alkaline https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Iron-Sulphate-1-KG-TUB-LAWN-CONDITIONER-and-MOSS-KILLER-1KG-PURE-LAWN-TONIC/401758598172 is this the correct iron sulphate please let me know.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
green compost sources uk
charlesdowding.co.uk › advice-on-making-compost
adding organic matter improves soil and balances ph

N

New_gorilla

green compost sources uk
charlesdowding.co.uk › advice-on-making-compost
adding organic matter improves soil and balances ph

I can't really haul over 100 litres of compost 3 miles into the woods my back won't handle it.

T

Teddybrae

Iron Sulphate will do what you want. Quality should be pretty much the same no matter brand.
Have you got enough time for this stuff to work? I don't know off-hand how long it takes for the stuff to dissolve and acidify the soil. Check it out.
You can use pure Sulphur but it takes a whole season.
What makes yr soil alkaline? How do you know it's alkaline? Come back ...

Cheers ...

N

New_gorilla

Iron Sulphate will do what you want. Quality should be pretty much the same no matter brand.
Have you got enough time for this stuff to work? I don't know off-hand how long it takes for the stuff to dissolve and acidify the soil. Check it out.
You can use pure Sulphur but it takes a whole season.
What makes yr soil alkaline? How do you know it's alkaline? Come back ...

Cheers ...

I went out and baught a soil tester it test the light soil and how wet the ground is and it came back alkaline , I'm not sure how long it will take eaither might have to use my second location if this soil don't acidify for growing season to start

T

Teddybrae

Good you've got a pH Test Kit. How much iron sulphate will depend on how alkaline yr spot is. How alkaline is your spot?

If you're only a little bit above 7 digging in animal manure which is acid may be all you need. What range are you in? How far above '7'?

I went out and baught a soil tester it test the light soil and how wet the ground is and it came back alkaline , I'm not sure how long it will take eaither might have to use my second location if this soil don't acidify for growing season to start

Latest posts

Latest posts