What's new

soil recipe suggestions PLEASE

A container placed in a hole in the ground will tend to hold water more then is good. Runnout / runnoff is out of whak more then not. Drowneded plants. I would do container on the ground for control.
There is guy here who does outside in 18 gal totes and crushes it. I think his name is somthing lik triplebackflipOG or somthing. 3 plus pownds in 18 gal tote??? Krazy.

Hey Vipor! A cat named rundout posted this up and it gave me an instant chubby.
I copyd and pasteded

This is my Take on Bluejays current Recipe No till style
Base
1 part Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss
1 part Pumice/Lava rock/Perlite depends on what I have
** this is the most important part get this right it works great
1/2 part high quality Compost 1/2 part EWC
Amended per cuF with:

1 cup Neem meal
1 cup Kelp meal
1 cup Crab/Crustacean meal
1 cup Malted Barley Powder fresh ground
1/2 cup Gypsum
4 cups Basalt or rock dust
6 cups Charged Biochar

Every 2 weeks watering scedual
1 x waterings Malted Barley tea ,
1x Malted corn tea or coconut water tea
2x Kelp or neem / aloe tea
1 x Humic acid / aloe tea
All other is just plain water with Protek
I mulch with comfrey and pinebark fines
If you don't like crustacean , use dolomite lime and cut the gypsum
Prior to flower I make an ewc / neem / crustacian slurry
Rundout is offline Add to Rundout's Reputation Report Post

thx so much really interesting infos and shared experiences

Interesting Stuff in here My suggestion is raised beds while Nature slowly and effectively, refurbishes the clay soils.
Clay soils are tricky so its best not to disturb them as much as possible , the problem is some clay soils can take more Calcium and others no so much creating a clumpy situation for you.
Your goal is to add organic matter that will attract positively charged molecules  CEC and this all takes time to build clay soils up contrary to popular belief adding crushed rock, gravel in proportion to help in the breaking up process
clay soils shrink and expand when exposed to water , this is why home builders use foam or what ever to allow for play movement from clay soils surrounding homes when spring frost melt occurs..

Your better off you Gypsum rather then lime as a amendment mixing in manures what we found is compost bark, works great addng organic mulches as top dressing works wonders also raising soil temps as clay usually takes longer to warm up and cool down

So with that said plant for first year ,,, clay loving plants add lots of Calcium and magnesium as Mag has problems binding with Clay its trial n error for us 90 percent exchange sites in clay soils are Cal mag leaving 10 percent for other cations 

Your most important thing to be looking at in soil tests right now is percentage of saturation points 80 percent for Ca .
10 percent for Mg etc this is the most important thing of all ,, if there not in them ranges then crusting , poor drainage, poor growing  compaction etc etc

So on closing note it takes time to amend clay soils what we have done speaking of hectares of clay soils,,, just by adding hay as mulch turned it in fall it progressed better then the previous 5 years then dumping compost on it
so your best bet is make a soil use raised beds and allow time for other soil to amend it self
illuminating

:thank you: