What's new

soil ph problems

G

Well, first off. You're right about some of those hydro shop folks...Some don't don't their ass from 1st base.

As for the H2O2. I'm sure there is a dilution that will 1) be dilute enough to be harless to beneficial bacteria, and 2) provide extra O2. The 64$ question is: is it worthwhile doing? Risk/reward ratio, etc.

Bubbling isn't as efficient as H2O2, but bombproof.

And sooooo IMO whatever gain (in plant vigor and yield) there may be using H2O2, it is marginal at best...and not worth the effort.

I'm not an organic farmer per se, but I can see why most organic farmers just aren't going to do anything which may have a negative effect on their soil microherd. It's counter intuitive isn't it?

pedro
:sasmokin:

I just did a bowl and now I'm hungry!!!!

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
THANKS FOR THE NEG REP HOOSIERDADDY -

I CAN'T EXPLAIN WHAT YOUR TOO FUCKIN LAZY TO SEARCH ON THE FORUM FOR.

I'VE TRIED EXPALINING TO IDIOTS AND YOUR A GREAT EXAMPLE OF WHY I DON'T ANY MORE. THERE ARE MULTIPLE POSTS IN THIS EXACT THREAD AND HUNDREDS OTHERS THROUOUT THE FORUM SAYING IT'S A BAD IDEA AND STILL YOU DEMAND OTHERS DO THE WORK AND SPEND THE TIME YOU ARE TOO LAZY TO INVEST. YOU DON'T DESERVE THE EFFORT ASSWIPE

MATCH WITS WITH YOU?

MY TURDS ARE SMARTER THA YOU AND MY GARDEN IS FAR BETTER.

YOU ARE AN IGNORANT TWIT WITH THE MENTAL CAPIBILITIES OF A DOWNS SYNDROME CHILD, OR YOUR MOM AND DAD WERE COUSINS - OR BROTHER AND SISTER.

IF,,,, BIG IF,,, YOUR SO FUCKIN SMART - PROVE ME WRONG, AND LEARN SOMETHING TOO.

OTHERWISE LETS PILE SOME NEG REP ON HOOSERDICKHEAD SO HE MAY RECIEVE AS HE GIVES.

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
See, this is the type of ignorance, spouted from derelict kids with few clues about life, that floods the internet.

Look kid, you and your alternate screen name SolarT, I suggest you learn how to address people. You may have your ass handed to you, which I'm certain with your attitude, you already have. This is a place for adults trying to share and learn about their hobby, not for glue sniffing kids that had no parenting.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pedro, let's look at this realistically. If we are honest, the biggest problems we see in this forum with folks plants, besides the common over-watering and and occasional under-watering, is the bombardment of nutrients and additives folks give their plants. This is of epidemic proportion, along with folks who think they have the holy grail of soil mixes, but couldn't tell you scientifically why...they just simply think they know because of what they were told.
IMO, the providing of massive salts, without one single bit of real knowledge of what they are doing, is what hoses most peoples grows. Why is it that folks, who have done nothing but read about an issue from others who also have no first hand knowledge, and have never experimented with it for themselves firsthand, can throw stones at a person for using H2O2?

No, it's simply an issue that asshole kids like RockyMountainGay, and his less than learned boyfriends, like to glom onto because they have nothing of real value to offer up. Dumbasses, like he and his boyfriends, will throw just about any sort of fert or add to their grows (if they really have grows) without one bit of concern. And why? Simply because they read or heard it. Never really taking the time to thoroughly investigate and research the issue.
But they won't hesitate to warn others about something like the addition of H2O2, in a lame attempt to sound like they have half a clue as to what they are saying.
I highly doubt these sorts are even of age to be here in the first place.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL...I see that since I outed him, SolarT (RockyMountainHi) is no longer. LOL...that took about 2 minutes.

RockyMountainHi

Veteran
hoosierdaddy said:
BTW, I double checked the Ph of my soil in an H2O/dirt slurry just to be certain, and I get about 6.0 every check. And since I am using miracle grow mix that has a slow release add of nutes, I plan on adding nothing but water.

This explains all the intellegence you claim to have isn't about growing pot.

get fuckin lost asswipe. Or show me where my post was wrong for a cannabis garden.

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is wrong with my statement, Jr? In your professional opinion of course.
I was growing pot when you were just a glimmer in your daddy's eye...whomever that may be.

G

Well I agree that people here fall for all the marketing done here and elsewhere on the internet. Everyone needs to have that magic amendment that will squeeze out another .03g/Watt, or whatever in yield.

I'm a newbie at growing weed. I am NOT a newbie at growing though. I grew plants on my own before most, but not all on this forum were born. I have enough experience at growing weed that I am convinced weed isn't any different, in principle, from many other plants.

I understand the argument you're making about H2O2. I just believe based on my limited experience that H2O2 doesn't have an application in organic gardening...but that's just my 2 cents worth. Ya know?

pedro
:sasmokin:

And by the way...H2O2 is pretty toxic stuff for some bacteria, even at pretty dilute concentrations. I've seem to remember applications where 2Oz/gallon of 3% H2O2 would kill certain odor causing bacteria in carpets or something.

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are right, no different than other plants and much easier than alot that I grow. Lisianthus from seed take one to three months to germinate. I wouldn't touch peroxide other than for sanitizing equipment and rotting old roots out of used soil. it's just not worth fucking things up with. Stick to the basics or you can multiple deficiencies due to lockouts and toxicities when you start adding things. 99% of problems tend to be from killing them with love. Less water, less nutes, less additives. Stay away from the extras until you have things dialed in such as boosters or growth regulators. Keep it fun! :rasta:

RockyMountainHi

Veteran
Pedro48, - here's a more truthful resume of hoser's experience - of course dealing with runt plants.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?postcount=1&p=1587952

THEN - there is his pitiful gallery of sick plants, and he thinks he's a grower.
and an adult.

wrong two for two, wana try three? - I'm a Viet Nam vet.
so very wrong so off ten lets one revert to childish outbursts and demands - and a feeling of authority when they can hand out neg rep because somebody else doesn't feel the desire to waste additional web space on a topic covered from every perspective elsewhere here many times and can be found with a simple search by any 5th grader..
BUT ya gotta be smarter than a 5th grader. Or able to learn from others experiences and opinion's. hoser is neither judging by words and actions.

You are Amigo, I am sure the gardens of others will benefit from your experience and insight.

:muahaha:

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pedro, I can understand your position completely, although I respectfully disagree. I have found first hand that H2O2 does indeed provide a plus in addition to soil watering, foliar feeding, and seed propagation. But then, only in proper dilutions.

You were the cocksucker that started this, RockyMountainFag. And you got negative rep for attacking my intelligence, when you had nothing to offer. I had stated nothing that warranted such an attack. You are the only one showing a gross lack of intelligence. (besides me for arguing with a punk ass like you)
And the only plants in my gallery are ones that I had just started in a brand new cab, which are thriving very well. Including the runt plant that you are speaking of.
I don't have to defend myself to anyone, because I do not lie and keep multiple accounts to cover them up, like you do.
Stop lying to people about who you are, and what you are. Stating you are a Nam vet just makes me sick, when it's obvious you are nothing but an immature prick.
Again, you didn't offer any professional critique to the statement of mine you quoted, because you don't have a clue. You are only hoping other internet wannabes will jump on the "Wow he uses miracle grow soil and doesn't use nutes, so he must be a wanker" bandwagon.
Get a grip fuckwad, and start posting when you have something of worth to offer.

RockyMountainHi

Veteran
I didn't "attack" your "intellegence", it is impossible to attack something that does not exist, however, I did state your plants were smarter than you and that should be obvious to most.

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No professional critique of my statement yet, Jr?

I'm giving you a shot at showing how much you know, and how inferior my methods are...

Last edited: