What's new

SOG numbers?

HalfArsedFarmer

As a personal grower I want to spend as little time growing as possible to supply myself for the year.

With this in mind Autos in a SOG would be ideal but I don't see any grows on here.
I potentially could do two grows in 20 odd weeks and have hash and flowers for a year rather than 35 weeks plus with photos.

Maybe an Auto breeder or grower might shed some light on numbers per SQM and min pot size...

goingrey

Never done an auto SOG but a couple times, including right now, have had one in the corner of my tent. In 6l of clay. Could fit 16 of those in a square meter maybe get about half a kilo. Even more with a high yielding strain and skills and luck.

But with SOG you can also just do photo clones with short/no veg in about the same time. Sure first you need to grow and root those clones, that does take some time too.

HalfArsedFarmer

Hi going grey thanks for they reply.

Been at this over 20 years, and have ran many a clone and seed sog. I currently run one room and don't want the hassle of cloning and keeping mother's.

This is why I'm looking at Autos in SOG as IMO they have reached a point where they are near enough on par with photos but have the advantage of speed.

The min amount of time spent in the garden is where I'm at right now.

6lt would be my go to for all sog runs but wasn't sure would it be too small..
I have 20 blueberry Diesel that I can try.

I suppose it will be trial and error...

goingrey

Another thing to consider when doing SOG from seed would be uniformity of the strain. I suppose some will be more uniform than others.

But if you already have the Blueberry Diesel seeds, well that's a pretty big advantage for them hehe.

HalfArsedFarmer

Yes that is one thing I have noticed in my limited exp with Autos, uniformity has been missing. One plant wants to be three times the size of it's siblings....
Now that can be said about a lot of photos too.

The seeds were cheap as the company is out of business and my buddy wanted them gone... Pay to play rebranding, the usual.

I'd take any recommendations of stable lines for the future if anyone has any??